Did the Monsters Attack the Cultists?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Missionary and Scrapers are both cultists that look like monsters to Heather, according to Lost Memories.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

i never evan looked at lost memories. how can i get a hold of that. :cry:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Not only that, but there's some implication that the Brookhaven nurses (SH3 only) are transfigured nurses (see Christie).
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

thank you Aura :) i will check it out right away and kenji that was the nurse i was talking about.
SHF

Post by SHF »

AuraTwilight wrote:The Monsters were specifically after Heather, and Heather only, due to their purpose. Furthermore, Claudia's the one responsible for making the Missionaries look like monsters.
it seems like claudia knew how heather/cheryl/alessa felt. she felt terrified, and due to this, heather began seeing memories/ other people as threats, and therefore they were monsters to them.
For example, her fight with leonard. For all we know, that man could of died years ago, and she was fighting a MEMORY of him, and his form took that of a monstrous, dominating creature. But, maybe heather sees him that way, bcuz claudia percieved him as such. This may explain more about why/how she sees the monsters as monsters. Vincent wonders the same areas that heather does, but is oddly never attacked. Thats bcuz he only sees claudia as a zealous threat only. His mindset and perception are different that douglas's, claudias and heathers.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

helldescent wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:The Monsters were specifically after Heather, and Heather only, due to their purpose. Furthermore, Claudia's the one responsible for making the Missionaries look like monsters.
it seems like claudia knew how heather/cheryl/alessa felt. she felt terrified, and due to this, heather began seeing memories/ other people as threats, and therefore they were monsters to them.
For example, her fight with leonard. For all we know, that man could of died years ago, and she was fighting a MEMORY of him, and his form took that of a monstrous, dominating creature. But, maybe heather sees him that way, bcuz claudia percieved him as such. This may explain more about why/how she sees the monsters as monsters. Vincent wonders the same areas that heather does, but is oddly never attacked. Thats bcuz he only sees claudia as a zealous threat only. His mindset and perception are different that douglas's, claudias and heathers.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but from the Book of Lost Memories, the only monsters stated to be transfigured humans are the Missionary (specifically transformed by Claudia) and Leonard. There is no confirmation of the other monsters being humans, and it seems to me personally that Vincent's line about them either implies that he sees them as wonderful beings or that he's trying to freak Heather out.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The Scrapers are humans, too.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

There's also a vague implication that the nurses might be transfigured humans, as well.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

MMY wrote:The Scrapers are humans, too.
Can you remind me where this is confirmed, please?
There's also a vague implication that the nurses might be transfigured humans, as well.
Is there? I thought the only implication was Vincent's "they're monsters to you?" line; I was under the impression that the nurse monsters are manifestations of Alessa being in the hospital.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Can you remind me where this is confirmed, please?
Scapers are the same as the Missionary, and we know it is a "cult member transfigured by Claudia's power."

>Is there?
"A nurse that roams the halls of the hospital. It may be that the nurses of the hospital transformed into monsters, but the details are unclear." Nurse Chrissie is evidence of this as well, found in one of the isolation rooms on the 3rd floor.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.