Why Did The Government Not Do Anything?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

The fact that you can't even spell the damn name tells me you're full of shit.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
ParanoidZombie
Just Passing Through

Post by ParanoidZombie »

prove it!
Come On You Clones! You Wanna Live Forever?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

How about YOU prove it? You're the one making a positive assertion, so you're the one with the burden of proof.

Provide evidence for your ridiculously stupid claims, or kindly shut the hell up instead of spamming and acting like a 13 year old.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
BloodRedLion
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by BloodRedLion »

Or how about--this is barely connected to the point of the topic, so let's knock it off, shall we?
ZombieBite91
Just Passing Through

Post by ZombieBite91 »

DarkKnightJRK wrote:
Son_of_Kauffman wrote:Right, except that none of them have something to do with the town.
The protagonist in SH5 is a soldier coming home from over-seas, therefore establishing his connection to the town.

They have to be crazy AND related to the town? I thought they just needed to be crazy to see the Otherworld.
You don't need to be crazy. See, the thing about Silent Hill is, it takes the form of the persons mind. All the protagonists have feelings of guilt, hatred, or sorrow, which caused the town to become Otherworld. It says somewhere that people LIKE to go to Silent Hill because of this ability, because they have no feelings of negativity. Thus, they do not go to Otherworld, but to some unknown place, most likely a place of joy or happiness.
ParanoidZombie wrote:as a green beret i can say my unit has been dispatched a number of times to do some recce involving the paranormal......
What was your unit number? I know you are telling a lie, because the government wouldn't allow you to spill the info about the paranormal, so as to avoid causing a panic. Just look at the Roswald Incident. Even if you were telling the truth, why are you posting on a video game forum? Shouldn't you be doing something more productive?
ParanoidZombie
Just Passing Through

Post by ParanoidZombie »

all right all right i im not a beret ok! i used to be a plain old GI ok!
Come On You Clones! You Wanna Live Forever?
ZombieBite91
Just Passing Through

Post by ZombieBite91 »

ParanoidZombie wrote:all right all right i im not a beret ok! i used to be a plain old GI ok!
Good enough for me, man. But hey, a GI is pretty good. You COULD have been a lame-ass coast guard.
Here's a lullaby to close your eyes.
It was always you that I despised.
I don't feel enough for you to cry,
Here's a lullaby to close your eyes,
Goodbye.
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

I hope you are not talking about the ambulence ending. thats not real. and if you are not talking about that what ending are you talking about
The UFO ending, man! It was the GOVERNMENT eradicating Silent Hill which had become a pain in it's side. Silent Hill is a place with a powerful paranormal presence. The government wants to destroy all evidence of the existence of paranormal, becouse that makes it easier to control people. Becouse if people believe in the paranormal, they are also likelier to find out and ACCEPT the TRUTH.
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.
Pyramidhead777
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramidhead777 »

Well the cult had shut themselves from the outside more than once before so the goverment basically let them do as they please! :| :|
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

That's not a satisfactory answer at all. The government wouldn't just ignore a dangerous, murderous cult if they knew about it.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I'm guessing they didn't know about it at all. The cult, dangerous though they were, were also clever enough to keep themselves off of the governement's radar. Every now and then they raised some eyebrows from the neighboring towns' police forces, but those were fairly small towns, and the threats were eliminating quickly enough in a way that could resemble an accident or suicide. Certainly nothing that would draw suspicion from the government.
(I apologize if I misspelled anything. I am soooooo tired.)
Smokey
Gravedigger

Post by Smokey »

ParanoidZombie wrote:then is there two otherworlds? foggy and rusty?
Pretty much...yes. I think that the foggy world was never called otherworld by Harry because it always seemed to be the real version of SH - everytime our characters are called into the town they don't see the real world, so they can only assume that the less fucked up world is the real world...I guess.

The cult itself is like the KKK in the way that you can only make arrests for the crimes and ciminals you catch - you can't arrest them simply for what they believe in. Basically the cult is very secretive and involves some major figureheads in the town - the cops can only do so much - so douglas goes on a missing person case that relates to this cult, but with cover up after cover up it's hard to even know who you're going after even when you know somethings up. Red tape and laws can complicate as much as protect and serve.

It would also be difficult to separate truth from rumors. The cult only ever seemed to reach the level of rumor - and those who know there was a cult may consider all its members to have disbanded.
If you can read this, I'll kill you.
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

I never thought about comparing the cult to the KKK, gave me something new to think about...

And I think the Government didn't do anything because they don't care.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

... Or they had no idea and couldn't possibly believe the stories of these people, considering how ridiculous it is.

Honestly. This is one of those things you really CAN'T blame the government for.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I agree. Anyone who came forward with stories from Silent Hill would be considered crazy until it was too late. Can you imagine Harry trying to tell his story to the FBI? "Yes, officer, I went into the town with my 7 year old daughter(short, black hair hair), and my car crashed. I woke up and she was gone. I went through the town with a gun a uniformed officer gave me and shot down monsters, and I knew they were coming because of a radio. This crazy lady Dahlia told me the town was being devoured by darkness. In the end, my daughter rejoined with the other half of her soul and a god was born that I killed, and then before that god died, it gave me this baby, that is the reincarnation of my daughter plus the other half of her soul, Alessa, who was burned by her mother, Dahlia."
FBI Agent: "One more time."
Harry: "*sigh* My daughter and I were...."
7 hours later
FBI Agent: "Can we try this one more time? The truth this time.:
Harry(worn out): "I've never even been to Silent Hill. Can I have my daughter back now? I'm going to take her home for a nap."
FBI Agent: "Good day, sir. No more pranks, here?"
Harry: *mumbles* "Whatever, asshole."
The end.
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

PeachySakura24 wrote:I agree. Anyone who came forward with stories from Silent Hill would be considered crazy until it was too late.
Ehm... you just successfully spoiled everyone who hasn't played the first game, LOL

But I agree, I don't think the government can really do much about this situation. They will be able to deal with the cult, but with everything else, it's either in somebody's head (which in reality, that's what psychiatric hospitals are for) or only a few people can see what really going on in the otherside of Silent Hill.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I think that the game would have been successfully spoiled somewhere else in the 5 pages that preceded my post. :mrgreen: But, yeah, there really wasn't much they could do.
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

I do not think so either. If the government investigated, wouldn't they be "sucked in" so to speak?
Life changes daily so go with it!
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I believe they wouldn't be. That way, any claims would have to be proven as false. If it was one person going to investigate, then perhaps yes, they would disappear forever. But otherwise, I think they would just see the resort town.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The town only "sucks in" people with strong emotions, desires, and thoughts. I'm sure a government official wouldn't be pulled in unless they had an extremely good reason. In the real world, Silent Hill is a perfectly normal town with a bustling populace, after all.