Did Alessa Really Believe...?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Yet, the Abrahamic influences are there. Whether or not they are inherent to the mythology, they are certainly inherent to the physical operation.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

MMY wrote:. . . ugh.

Hiroyuki Owaku in Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle writes, "The religion of Silent Hill references various elements of different religions such as the origins of Christianity, Japanese folklore, and Aztec rituals."

So, as I said, The Order is officially influenced by Christianity. And, yes, The Order does sacrifice people.
I'm not contesting that. I'm contesting the claim that the presence of God, angels, and sacrifice are entirely due to Christianity's influence.

But this is getting into pure tangential shit, so forget it.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
sacred_sleep
Just Passing Through

Post by sacred_sleep »

If your familiar with the Gnostics/Gnosticism you would find many similarities. In the game series they use parts of the Gnostic mythos prevalent with the Order - Duality, finding 'God' within you, the world we live in is not the real one and is evil and false. It also mentions god giving birth to a lesser god and the original god is purely evil since he created the physical world which is considered evil. Ignorance is bliss and revelation, which is to see the 'real world' would make one tremble in fear. This also why the Otherworld in the Silent Hill games are decrepit, dark, worn out, always filled with monsters and just plain terrifying.

This belief has its roots with early Christianity, some claim it was before that. Christian churches consider Gnostic teachings as heresy since it does not believe in Jesus Christ as God but just another one of the 'lesser divinities' which in turn denies Christ's purpose as the Savior of Mankind.

I hope this helps.

By the way, I'm sorry to post on such an old topic but I thought I might add this up.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Technically incorrect; Almost all Gnostic sects believe that Jesus Christ is an emanation of God, and gave mankind the tools to rejoin the Pleroma. What is heretical to Christian churchs is that the Creator God is depicted as not only wicked and a false deity, but also not the father of Jesus.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
sacred_sleep
Just Passing Through

Post by sacred_sleep »

Well, thanks for making it clearer...
SHF

Post by SHF »

[quote="AlmostHam"]Well another thing the Jap's are keeping under wraps for themselves. Yeah Silent Hill 3 was kinda confusing to me because of the mixed elements between SH1 and 3 were a little jumbled.

quote]

be careful with how you say things. its considered racist
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I think that at one time, when Alessa and Claudia were little, she did want Paradise. Like others have stated, Alessa loved her mother and when you're little you usually listen to your parent's advice. In Silent Hill: Ørigins, the vocal tracks really hint Alessa's confusion when she asks, "Mommy, am I bad now?" When she was burned during the ritual, she realized that this 'Paradise' was definitely an understatement. She instead wanted the world to stay as it is and knew that the Order's destruction would ultimately make the world even more worse than it already is, heck, even destroying it. But what then? Everyone's dead, and even if they weren't they still have to deal with this Hell raising 'God.' It's so depressing. Alessa is def. my favorite character in SH.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

From my knowledge of Christianity, "escaping" (not being cleansed) by flames is prominent in Purgatory-adding even more the the Christianity being looked upon by the cult thing.

I think it's true that Alessa wanted paradise. Who wouldn't? A happy family, a daddy, a "nice school", smiling people, would appeal to a tortured and abused girl more than anything in the world. It was only later when Alessa realized that this whole "Paradise" thing sucked because it would require her death.
Aerith Gainsborough

simeonalo wrote:From my knowledge of Christianity, "escaping" (not being cleansed) by flames is prominent in Purgatory-adding even more the the Christianity being looked upon by the cult thing.

I think it's true that Alessa wanted paradise. Who wouldn't? A happy family, a daddy, a "nice school", smiling people, would appeal to a tortured and abused girl more than anything in the world. It was only later when Alessa realized that this whole "Paradise" thing sucked because it would require her death.

Here's what I think, correct me if I'm wrong:
Alessa did want paradise, until she was burned by the cult, then she realized what sick psychos they all were and no longer wanted that, but instead she wanted to destroy them. She did want to die while she was laying in her hospital bed, feeling 'god' eating away inside her. She didn't want to birth god, to relieve the pain, but she also didn't want to go through the pain anymore. When her two halves of her soul recombined, she knew that she had to find a way to prevent 'god's' birth. She placed the Seal of Metatron/Samael throughout Silent Hill so that she could stop Dahlia, but at the same time she would lose her life. When Dahlia told Harry to use the Flauros because she has the 'mark of a demon', it traps her power, leaving her unable to use the power of the Seal of Metatron. The only way she was out of pain was when Kauffman threw the Aglaophotis on her to expel the 'god' and she did not birth it. She uses the last of her ability to provide Harry a new baby, and uses the last of her power to deliver him and Cybil safely out of Silent Hill. Since she was impregnanted with the 'god', the cycle of her rebirth will always happen. If she had been able to use the Seal of Metatron, she and 'god' would no longer exist, but that didn't happen.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

He didn't throw the Aglaophotis on Alessa though. He threw it on "God". Alessa is gone after the souls combine, and the Woman in white is God. She never gave Harry a new baby. God created "Heather" to give to Harry to keep Alessa alive, and a little piece of God as well to be birthed again at a later time, since this attempt failed.

If Alessa had her way, Silent Hill would have been gone, along with EVERYONE in it, herself, Dahlia, Harry, Lisa, Kaufmann and Cybil included.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
Aerith Gainsborough

paladin181 wrote:He didn't throw the Aglaophotis on Alessa though. He threw it on "God". Alessa is gone after the souls combine, and the Woman in white is God. She never gave Harry a new baby. God created "Heather" to give to Harry to keep Alessa alive, and a little piece of God as well to be birthed again at a later time, since this attempt failed.

If Alessa had her way, Silent Hill would have been gone, along with EVERYONE in it, herself, Dahlia, Harry, Lisa, Kaufmann and Cybil included.
All right, this makes sense. But, why would she vanish after her souls combining? I guess god took the form of Alessa?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

God's birth kills it's mother, as demonstrated by Claudia.
Aerith Gainsborough

AuraTwilight wrote:God's birth kills it's mother, as demonstrated by Claudia.
I know that, but I thought god wasn't born in Silent Hill 1 because of the Aglaophotis.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Both Incubator and Incubus are god.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Aerith Gainsborough

The Adversary wrote:Both Incubator and Incubus are god.
Yeah...I know. I'm talking good ending here.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Aglaophotis wouldn't of assisted God's birth. See SH3, where it causes an abortion.

However, in SH1, God's already born, so instead it's more like punching a baby in the face. Said baby used it's hellish demon powers to adopt a new unholy form (as all children do when they enter their first puberty of infancy to toddlerdom mirite?).
Aerith Gainsborough

Oh wow. So Alessa actually birthed god? That's really sad. No wonder she'd want to kill herself and would think there was no way to stop god's birth. :( xD Punch-a-baby! Bad Kauffman! D:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, Alessa did birth God (as you've grasped already, both of the final boss forms are God). I suppose it was sort of inevitable. According to Lisa's testimony, the God embryo is making Alessa immortal, and SH3 confirms that as long as Heather's pregnant, she won't be allowed to die.
Aerith Gainsborough

Yeah, I knew that. So, what if Heather spauned her own child. What would happen then? xD I guess they'd be normal since they weren't pregnant with god. That sucks, though. I wonder when she'll be pregnant with god again.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

^ I was wondering the same thing. I guess Heather would die.