Is silent hill 3 the worst game in the series?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

AlmostHam
Just Passing Through

Post by AlmostHam »

I wish i could see harry befor his fate, he was one of my favorite characters and Team Silent sucks for doing what they did which is another reason why this game pissed me off.
Mister_Creazil
Gravedigger

Post by Mister_Creazil »

and in my opinion I like the continuation of the Harry/Alessa story
Isn't this everyone's opinion about SH3? lol. The majority love this part of SH3.
Pyramidhead777
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramidhead777 »

SH4 was the best, then SH2, then SH1, then SH3 :D
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Silent Alarm wrote:krist i think it is very apporiteate to discuss what we like and dont like about sh3 and i think it is okay to say what we like best because it relates to what the worst in the series or best in the series
But we already have a topic about what you like best. So, you know.. just keep it limited.

Pyramidhead777: Please go back to what I said on page two, that this is for a discussion on why SH3 is or is not the worst in the series. Smile We already have a thread where you can declare which game is the best.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
BloodyValtiel
Just Passing Through

Post by BloodyValtiel »

Disagree! I think SH3's better than SH4.
[img]http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w222/babykatee/thanime-1.gif[/img]
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

i dont see how people can hate silent hill 3. its the sequel to SH1. If you can get past some of the thiings that annoy you will find out it is an amazing game. the same with SH4. If you cant get over it you are missing out on a great game.
Last edited by King Crimson on 24 Oct 2007, edited 1 time in total.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
Brookhaven Hospital
Just Passing Through

Post by Brookhaven Hospital »

I will say that Silent Hill 3 is not necessarily the best in the series in my opinion.

But mind you, that definitely does not mean this is a bad game.

I loved the fact that we got a sequel, especially since after Silent Hill 2 taking on a completely different story I thought a sequel was out of the question.
[img]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4861/bhavendarkbloodzm0.jpg[/img]
KROD
Just Passing Through

Post by KROD »

what? Sh3 is the best :O
Mister_Creazil
Gravedigger

Post by Mister_Creazil »

I will say that Silent Hill 3 is not necessarily the best in the series in my opinion.
what? Sh3 is the best :O
People have their own opinions, so to be honest, no Silent Hill game is 'The Worst' or 'The Best'.
ZombieLADY
Just Passing Through

Post by ZombieLADY »

No way. No way

lol.

I thought it was one of the best!
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/RazzyRabit/SHavatars.gif[/img]
shinkeidei
Just Passing Through

Post by shinkeidei »

Totally disagree, actually SH2 is the one I like the least, and SH3 is my favorite.
"Hello darkness my old friend"
Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Lostkitsune »

In my opinion I think SH3>SH2>SH1>Sh4.....
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Gosh, I hate labeling any Silent Hill game as the worst. They're each special to me. But if I choose a least favorite, no, it's not SH3- it's #4.
Silent Hill 3 is great. The original Silent Hill is my favorite, but 3 is great nonetheless. I'm currently playing through it once again, actually. It's a very scary game. (To me, okay?)
Maverick
Just Passing Through

Post by Maverick »

phantomess wrote:Gosh, I hate labeling any Silent Hill game as the worst. They're each special to me. But if I choose a least favorite, no, it's not SH3- it's #4.
Silent Hill 3 is great. The original Silent Hill is my favorite, but 3 is great nonetheless. I'm currently playing through it once again, actually. It's a very scary game. (To me, okay?)
that's exactly my same feelings, all the games have something unique about them, but if I had to choose it would be 4 as well.
Rule of Rose
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Rule of Rose »

SH3 had the best graphics ...hands down.....it is not the worst in the series.....i think part 4 is
She said her blood turns to ash
Burning eyes can't forgive you
Howling moon drives on
And deep in me
Your illusion
What you see in me
el_diablito
Just Passing Through

Post by el_diablito »

silent hill 3 is a great game. graphics, scares, etc. I like that it tied up some "loose ends" from the original. why anyone thinks this game is lame is beyond me. i know there's another thread for this, but here it goes.

2 has a great story, but it's just not scary. and i predicted it's ending halfway through.
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

Disagree, Disagree, Disagree! Silent Hill 3 was so much fun! Ive actually never heard anyone say that SH3 was the worst in the series :shock:
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

Disagree. I don't like what I've played of 4, but I don't hate it, it's just on the bottom of my list of ones that I've actually had experience with. I have yet to play 2. I love 3!
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather
The one always despised
Just Passing Through

Post by The one always despised »

Though not being a bad game at all, from any angle I can look at it, It is however my least favorite and least played. My only complaints of it was Heather's adventure didn't have quite that "despair" quality to it. And also, a certain someones death was really depressing for me, I mean it was a very important plot point and good story telling on their part. But I find myself hesitant to re-play it at times. But as for Gameplay, graphics, controls, sound, etc, I can find no faults.
Silent Vamphyri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Vamphyri »

I don't think its the "worst" SH game at all. Though I admit, before I played it, I was thinking that the game was going to be meh based on people's opinions of it. But after playing it I find that it's just as amazing as SH2. As for the others, I really can't say which is the worst & which is the best.