Decapitated Mannequin

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Decapitated Mannequin

Post by Shoot The Sky »

So Im playing 3 again, and Im in the Hilltop Building thing or something (You know with the dance studio n stuff) and in the mannequin storeroom and you move to a certain location and you hear a scream that sounds just like a little girl and a bang. Then when you walk back to one of the mannequins and its head is on the ground in blood. Heather says "This... This blood is real".
So my point is that I musta jumped 10 feet high off the ground, It scared the fuck out of me! I was shooken up for another 20 minutes! hehe. How many of you jumped there?

And while Im on it, does anyone else see the irony of the Gluttons (Insane cancers / I call em Gluttons) in the dance room? made me laugh :P but im simply amused
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkness Concept »

I didn't jump the first time I encountered this part of the game, but it was disturbing and well executed. One of the more memorable SH3 moments, for me at least.
There Was a Hole Here...
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/octaveorange/waiting.jpg[/img]
It's Gone Now.
Red Munin
Just Passing Through

Post by Red Munin »

The first Silent Hill game I ever played was SH3. I played it with a friend of mine, in a dark room, almost all night. When we got to this bit it seriously scared me to pieces. HUGE fright. But then that game had me looking over my shoulder all week.
Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Lostkitsune »

Oh this has to be one of the most memorable scares in the game. Its not so much the mannequin itself that bothered me personally though, it was that sound right before it.....I was on edge for the rest of the area :shock:
Dutchman
Gravedigger

Post by Dutchman »

I was scared alright... :shock: I still get the creeps thinking about it...
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn230/Ghoul68/banner_shh_4.png[/img]
The Red Devil
Just Passing Through

Post by The Red Devil »

I can recall the first time I did this part.

It was two other friends and myself. I had been playing the game (First time through) and they wanted to watch. So we're going...and going... and then finally, we really weren't expecting anything (SH3 was my least favorite), and all of a sudden I hear this horrible scream!

Needless to say, I threw the controller up in the air, it hit my friend on the head, and then we continued playing SH3....about an hour and a half later.

I guess that proves how now matter how much you may like or not like, and how few or how many times you've played the game through, it can still make you wanna die.

:P
EDH
Erectile Dis-function Highlander
"THERE CAN ONLY BE NONE!"
Whoomp
Gravedigger

Post by Whoomp »

Yeah I remeber that, it came as a shock the first time and I jumped a little, the second it gave me goosebumps and the third time I just found it strange and distubing. It's a nice touch if it isn't overused and I would definelty want to see more of those in Homecoming.
serek
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by serek »

Since about age three, I've been terrified of mannequins, to the point of being scared of going to clothes stores (granted, it was in the early years of primary school...)

That being said, this little event didn't startle me too much. Since there was so much focus on the mannequin, it had to do something. I think it's called the principle of Chekov's Gun?
Why do you complain of your fate when you could so easily change it?
-Marquis de Sade
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

Yeah, it startled me but that was about it. after the second time you know it's coming and it loses the scares but i do find it cool to look at. i keep staring using the zoom button (L3, R2) thinking how cool that it was just normal and all of a sudden it decapitated and had blood all over the place. I just like to admire things that are disturbing. (you know what I mean) :twisted:
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
dsagent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dsagent »

I looked, said "awesome" then left the room. I expected something to come alive though.
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkness Concept »

^ Yeah, I was kinda expecting something else as well. I'm glad that they left the scare the way it was and didn't try to use it as a springboard for another scare.
There Was a Hole Here...
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/octaveorange/waiting.jpg[/img]
It's Gone Now.
HERO_WORKSHOP
Just Passing Through

Post by HERO_WORKSHOP »

The first time I saw this I had to take a break from the game for a couple of hours it freaked me out...I've always hated mannequins but after playing SH3 I hated them even more!!
Maigre anarchiste dessine moi un monde un peu moins triste!
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

"Huh?"

That's what I said the first time I saw it. Screams are really scary, though.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Devilsknight
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Devilsknight »

I remember this acually, been telling my friends about it for years now ^^ ( Acually, I send a clip about that and the Haunted House to a friend as late as yesterday ).

I was playing SH3 like I always play my SH games, with garbagebags taped on the windows, allowing no light whatsoever to pass, and a hometheathre-system on maximum volume, while sitting 2 meters ( A body length and some more ^^) away from my 32' TV ( which then wasnt a LSD but now is ^^ ).

My mum was sitting next to me since I had been on vacation with my dad just before the release, and when that happned I jumped like hell xD My mum said something about not letting me play games like this in the future, a empty threath ofc ! =D
When I grow up I want to be Mockingbird.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

she just doesn't get it, does she? :(

On a side note though, I remember playing sh3 during my freshman year in college in my dorm room and I was at the office comlex and I really jumped 3 feet in the air while dropping my controller because apparently, my DA was outside tapping on my window since I was on the first floor. You become very vulnerable when engaged to silent hill! I wanted to tell her not to do that when I am playing silent hill but i knew she wouldn't understand
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
shinkeidei
Just Passing Through

Post by shinkeidei »

I don´t remember well but I got a good jump out of it, anyways there is a similar part in SH2 that still scares the crap out of me, in the prison in one of the restrooms, anyways, everytime I played that part in the prison I mute the tv or turn off the home theater
"Hello darkness my old friend"
lain of the wired
Historical Society Historian
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

And while Im on it, does anyone else see the irony of the Gluttons (Insane cancers / I call em Gluttons) in the dance room?
Didn't even think about it- I were a little distracted by the whole, y'know, insane cancers lumbering at me thing. Good catch, though!
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

put garbage bags over the windows? your insane! maximum volume? you need to be locked up! I would literally have heart failure playing SH like that :P

This part in the game is alot like in the haunted house when our good buddy phil (or whatever his name was) falls down and that terrible scream triggers. I always know its coming, but that makes it even scarier... I just slowly inch myself towatds the corner, in anticipation, then BAM! I just had a heart attack
The Red Devil
Just Passing Through

Re: Decapitated Mannequin

Post by The Red Devil »

Shoot The Sky wrote:
And while Im on it, does anyone else see the irony of the Gluttons (Insane cancers / I call em Gluttons) in the dance room? made me laugh :P but im simply amused
In fact just the other day I was playing SH3 with a buddy of mine and we both pointed that out! My reaction was "Wtf..? So you think you can dance?"
EDH
Erectile Dis-function Highlander
"THERE CAN ONLY BE NONE!"
Georgeo-0
Just Passing Through

Post by Georgeo-0 »

Lol ive been through sh3 like 32 times. :D
That is easily one of my favorite parts, I also love it when your in brookhaven otherworld and you go into the room where heather looks in the mirror and see's herself kind decomposing. Much more mindfuckery in sh3 compared to sh2.