Decapitated Mannequin

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

Man I tell you though, the first time I went up that ladder and to the hallway after the transition, that was the biggest WTF moments ever! man all you could see was red-type substance pulsating along the walls.
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

Georgeo-0 wrote:I also love it when your in brookhaven otherworld and you go into the room where heather looks in the mirror and see's herself kind decomposing. Much more mindfuckery in sh3 compared to sh2.
for sure thats another amazing part. or in the church when the blood vines are going all throught the walls. I just sat there and watched the walls turn solid red. I always wondered what was up with that room though with the 3 scrapers and its all black but when you kill em, it goes back to normal, but theres a pattern as it goes to normal, like a bunch of circles getting larger and larger. maybe symbolism?
michinobu_zoned
Just Passing Through

Post by michinobu_zoned »

serek wrote:Since about age three, I've been terrified of mannequins, to the point of being scared of going to clothes stores (granted, it was in the early years of primary school...)

That being said, this little event didn't startle me too much. Since there was so much focus on the mannequin, it had to do something. I think it's called the principle of Chekov's Gun?
Yeah, I heard about that. I think it's something like if there's smoking gun in chapter 1, it has to reappear sometime by the last chapter - or something like that.

But, yeah, the mannequins do play on some psychological role in our psyche. Just as the spooky bathrooms, or the grotesque, obese monsters - these things are supposed to scare and disgust us while at the same time maintaining some sort of awe at the beauty of it all.
Last edited by michinobu_zoned on 16 May 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

as strange as it is, the gluttons are suprisingly gracefull in the way the walk and run... or is that just me?
TheButcher88
Just Passing Through

Post by TheButcher88 »

Oh yeah When I was playing this game that part scared the shit out out me, Unluckily I was Wearing Head Phones with the volume all the way up, and it made me freaking jump...
[img]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r209/cloudmaster88/SDLS-SilentHillOrigins-1.jpg[/img]
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

oooooh headphones are brutal in Silent Hill :P even says in Origins "for full effect turn the lights out and put headphones on". makes the whole game scarier couse it seems like your actually in it
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

well it was more of a jump, I was just like "wow, that was freaky", and that's all
valtiel's random appearances really were the most disturbing part of the game, or at least for me

...those poor nurses
:shock:
Knower_Of_Truth
Just Passing Through

Post by Knower_Of_Truth »

Speaking of that room where everything goes decomposing I died like 100 times cause I didin't know what to do.
Who are you to wave your finger, you must have been out of your mind. You mustv'e been high.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I did my share of playing SH with headphones, mostly when I lived with my parents and was playing late at night and wanted to have loud volume without disturbing others. It was nice.
Now I tend to just play in a dark room with the TV's volume at an enjoyable level, and a flashlight so I can use my notebook to write things down (or read things from previous playthroughs).

Anyhow, that mannequin did startle me. I can't even really remember the fist time that I played the game, but my second time through was a while later, so I'd forgotten about that part and was caught off guard.

Shoot The Sky, your avatar is hard on the eyes, with that blurring/moving effect...
Reciever_Of_Wisdom
Just Passing Through

Post by Reciever_Of_Wisdom »

When you say Gluttons, I keep thinking about the "boss" of the building, that dissapears when Heather reads the words from the tale aloud.

This part always catches me off gaurd, no matter how many times I play. I can be wondering around in the room, thinking "that head's about to go off, it's gonna scream, don't jump like a little girl."

And then I jump like a little girl.
[size=67][color=red]If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin.[/color][/size]
lbsword
Just Passing Through

Post by lbsword »

I didnt jump.

I heard it, my heart started pumping,

Then I took out my pump shotgun, shouted "LETS DO THIS!"

...and nothing happened.
RestlessxDreams3
Just Passing Through

Post by RestlessxDreams3 »

I jumped after the scream, but I think I might have ran out of the room (in the game) because I don't remember seeing the head on the ground and the blood. I saw a clip of that part in the game and I said "Huh? I don't remember that!"
Maybe i'm just crazy.

Also, the body falling in front of you in the haunted house scared the crap out of me! Through the rest of the haunted house I was sitting on my couch like "Nothing else pop out/up/down please."

Oh how I love SH3 :D
[img]http://i12.tinypic.com/4l75lk3.jpg[/img]
kamui3
Just Passing Through

Post by kamui3 »

That part kind of creeped me out a little, but I didn't jump.
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

I can't wait until I get to that part.
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

i was in a room with 2 tvs when i got to this part, i had headphones on and the tv i was using was in the corner. about 3 or 4 other people were in the room watching football and then i hear the scream and jump out of my chair and end up falling on the ground. the other people just stared for like 10 seconds before anyone my little brother started laughing at me. it was fun.
It Burns
Just Passing Through

Post by It Burns »

I remember when I played the mannequin part. It was 3 in the morning and I was the only one still awake, as soon as I turned the corner and heard the scream I jumped. I had to turn the game off after that and I was unable to fall asleep because my senses were on red alert.
1337_cait
Just Passing Through

Post by 1337_cait »

Man, I actually saw this part before I got to it. Oh the awesomeness that is youtube. xD Not to say I didn't soil myself, cause i totally did. When I got to the room I knew what was coming but still.
SebasC
Just Passing Through

Post by SebasC »

Loved that scene, i was alone in the backroom in the middle of the night i freaked the hell out.. Amazing..
[center][b] Meet Me On The Sunny Side Of Hell [/b][/center]
MeatyDistraction
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MeatyDistraction »

After the initial "HOLY SHIT!" moment, I had a good laugh at the "eeeeeeee!" noise the mannequin made. :)
"Are you goin' to Hell or Heaven? Did you walk with the sinners, or pray with the reverend? Tell the truth, I did a little of both, but ain't no tellin' where I'm goin' 'til my body's a ghost."
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

Im glad to hear other people jumped out of their skin on this :P
btw this is the best avatar ever!
nice cait, thats funny shit!