What does Heather see after God is defeated?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: What does Heather see after God is defeted?

Post by clips »

Well..i've never heard the baby sound...it's hard to say what heather see's, but it appears that she's sees something. The camera angle and the quick stoppage of the music confirms that something happened..

It could link to one of the possible two endings...the one in which she becomes possessed...that would explain what happened to her in that last scene,... it actually seems like that is what happened to her since she was surprised.

We'll never know tho and in a sense i like it better that way. It keeps everything mysterious...and it keeps the series open just in case they want to use heather for a cameo or re-use her in a new game looking into her life years later after what happened with the events that transpired in SH3.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^You can hear the baby cry here.
It's only in the making of video for Silent Hill 3. You cannot hear it in the game.

If you want to just hear the cry, just skip to the end of the video.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Hades
Just Passing Through

Post by Hades »

I agree on the theory, based on the baby sound you hear in the video, that it's baby Claudia that Heather sees. She probably doesn't take the baby because the Alessa in her tells her not to. By doing so the birth of God cycle can finally end (with the radical cult members being dead, if not all of them), and she can finally be free from her torment and live a "normal" life.

Seems like an appropriate ending for Silent Hill 3 to me, to bring an end to the original storyline.
Chris Redfield
Just Passing Through

Post by Chris Redfield »

I always liked the idea that maybe it was Harry's "presence" she saw... And yeah, I always felt that the endings were just piss-poor, retarded Cliffhangers that were made with the sole purpose of pissing the fans off. Leaving Heather's ultimate fate open for debate. Since Heather is only one of two SH protagonist's that doesen't die in an ending, perhaps this leaves the possibility of her return in a future SH title open? But that idea shoots itself in the foot, unfortunately. Cause, once you leave Silent Hill, you more than likely never want to come back. Ever. Unless the devs find some crazy way for her to HAVE to come back.

P.S.- I've got my fingers crossed in hope that she at least makes an appearance in the UFO Ending of Downpour. :mrgreen:

Yep. Just another day in Silent Hill...
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Re: What does Heather see after God is defeated?

Post by VenusDoom »

I can think of millions of ways to bring her back. Half of which DO NOT involve the cult :P I PRAY she's in Downpour's ending!
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Chris Redfield
Just Passing Through

Post by Chris Redfield »

VenusDoom wrote:I can think of millions of ways to bring her back. Half of which DO NOT involve the cult :P I PRAY she's in Downpour's ending!
Okay.......... Im gonna chime in with you here on this one.:mrgreen: Perhaps her and Murph' hooked up at some point, and that little girl from the trailer is their kid? Complete bullshit speculation, I know.:twisted: But you can always wonder...

Yep. Just another day in Silent Hill...
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

...I could kind of see that happening. Murphy seems like her kind of man, in an odd way, xD
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Aerith Gainsborough

You're right. It is a complete bullshit speculation, and it needs to stop. This thread is about discussing what Heather sees after God is defeated, not about Murphy and Heather fandom. Please move that discussion to PM instead of on this topic.
NemesisFY
Just Passing Through

Post by NemesisFY »

Thanks a lot Aerith for the link!

I thought I'd not see it anymore since the site is unavailable.

"The domain dustfungo.com may be for sale. Click here for details."
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

She turns around because she hears a baby crying. Also, she squints because there is a bright light in her face.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
The SH Champion
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The SH Champion »

The God series has always been my favorite idea. Another baby would be great.
"The Fear of Blood tends to create fear for the flesh."
-Silent Hill
SHF

Post by SHF »

Uyrikeustek wrote:She turns around because she hears a baby crying. Also, she squints because there is a bright light in her face.
^
The baby crying was not in the final make of the game, it was cut.
Heather looks back at the dead Alessa God monster she just slayed, not anything else, as there is nothing else but the creature in the room with her.

As too what she was thinking, that is up to speculation. I don't remember her facial expression, but perhaps she was relieved and now able to properly grieve Harry's death after the chaos she just went through, who knows
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Aerith Gainsborough

^ You might wanna see this.

Even if it was cut, Ito says that the baby crying is canon, whether the sound was cut or not.
SHF

Post by SHF »

^
Thanks for the link,
Last edited by SHF on 13 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Calamity

Post by Calamity »

SHF, you've been here long enough to know that we don't allow for one word posts. I suggest you add a bit more substance to that answer.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Sorry.

My theory is that if they kept it in, we would think to ourselves " did alessa split her soul again?"

But since SH3 wrapped things up for that story, it makes sense to leave out the infant crying.
Aerith Gainsborough

^It would perhaps be Claudia reborn. Though Heather carried her, Claudia gave birth to her. Also, the God did take the appearance of Alessa, probably due to Claudia thinking the God would look like her.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

SHF wrote:Sorry.

My theory is that if they kept it in, we would think to ourselves " did alessa split her soul again?"
I don't think that would have been a very good theory though. Heather didn't give birth to God. She just aborted Her. If she were to split her soul again, there would have to be an extra scene or something to suggest it. If anything, the baby would have probably been Claudia reborn. Or just a random baby-god-monster. :?
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

If the baby crying is indeed canon then I think it's quite safe to say it was Claudia that got reborn considering how the rebirth worked with Alessa after God was defeated. Though, that leads to further implications. Heather clearly didn't bring the baby with her so I wonder if she left it alone (which would just lead the baby to die so if that happened it seems fueled by revenge and not getting to kill her herself but something about this seems very out of character for her) or put it someplace safe before going back to Douglas?
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

xoxsnoof wrote:If the baby crying is indeed canon then I think it's quite safe to say it was Claudia that got reborn considering how the rebirth worked with Alessa after God was defeated. Though, that leads to further implications. Heather clearly didn't bring the baby with her so I wonder if she left it alone (which would just lead the baby to die so if that happened it seems fueled by revenge and not getting to kill her herself but something about this seems very out of character for her) or put it someplace safe before going back to Douglas?
I would guess she left the baby to die, which I don't think would be too out-of-character for her. She wanted the business with the Order to end, and went to Silent Hill for revenge in the first place. Allowing the baby to live might bring all the stuff from the Order back again, as it did when she herself was reborn.