What does Heather see after God is defeated?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: What does Heather see after God is defeated?

Post by five5sixers »

I get you there, Yuki, and I don't disagree. There's just something about her leaving the baby completely to die that feels... off and I'm having difficulty explaining it. Maybe because, even if it's Claudia reborn, it isn't Claudia anymore just like she's Alessa reborn but isn't Alessa anymore. But at the same time, I understand where Heather's feelings and motivations lie and she definitely wanted Claudia to die and for everything with the Order to be over so I'm not trying to say it's not something she would do without a doubt, it just feels a little iffy to me.
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^It doesn't rub well with me, either. I have a feeling that she just wouldn't leave a child there to die, but I guess her inner Alessa would be telling her to do so, since she always wanted to die herself to end the cycle.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Keep in mind, she has every reason to believe that the baby is just a TRICK, and if it's Claudia reborn...well, she wanted to kill her anyway.

If a baby has to die to keep the world safe, isn't that acceptable?

Anyway, I don't think the baby is in any real danger. It's not like time flows right in the Otherworld anyway. It'll probably just cry without time ticking for it until some sap finds it and takes it back to Earth.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Very true.

I'm definitely not trying to dismiss it as a possibility, it just seems like she'd at least have some sympathy for it in some capacity instead of being like "man fuck that baby, that baby killed my dad" because it didn't.

I can buy her leaving it to die for various reasons (even if it doesn't actually die, given your last statement), it just seems like it'd leave a bigger impact on her and maybe leave her with some doubt. Again, it's really hard for me to explain my feelings on this, maybe I should stop haha. At this point I'm just pooping feelings instead of coherent thoughts anyway.
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

AuraTwilight wrote: Anyway, I don't think the baby is in any real danger. It's not like time flows right in the Otherworld anyway. It'll probably just cry without time ticking for it until some sap finds it and takes it back to Earth.
I thought about that, myself. The God would want the baby to live, so it would probably take care of it itself, perhaps, or at least have Her deacons help out with babysitting. ;D
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm definitely not trying to dismiss it as a possibility, it just seems like she'd at least have some sympathy for it in some capacity instead of being like "man fuck that baby, that baby killed my dad" because it didn't.
I'm not imagining a baby backstabbing Harry Mason.

It is the best mental image.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

AuraTwilight wrote:Anyway, I don't think the baby is in any real danger. It's not like time flows right in the Otherworld anyway. It'll probably just cry without time ticking for it until some sap finds it and takes it back to Earth.
Good point. Assuming the baby wasn't a trick and is indeed Claudia reborn then leaving her in the otherworld alive wouldn't be a good idea. Heather, knowing this from her own experiences, would probably have to actively do something...
Aerith Gainsborough wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote: Anyway, I don't think the baby is in any real danger. It's not like time flows right in the Otherworld anyway. It'll probably just cry without time ticking for it until some sap finds it and takes it back to Earth.
I thought about that, myself. The God would want the baby to live, so it would probably take care of it itself, perhaps, or at least have Her deacons help out with babysitting. ;D
Valtiel? I'm sure he'd be great at changing nappies.

Anyway, I think the baby, assuming it is actually a reborn Claudia complete with the God within and not a trick, wouldn't die very easily. Alessa couldn't die despite her injuries, though I'm unsure if it was solely due to the God or Dahlia's spells. Either way, I think that if the baby was left to die of starvation, then that simply wouldn't happen. Unless Heather did something, then there would always be that chance the baby would survive, and the God could be born again.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Good point. Assuming the baby wasn't a trick and is indeed Claudia reborn then leaving her in the otherworld alive wouldn't be a good idea. Heather, knowing this from her own experiences, would probably have to actively do something...
I'm of the opinion that she leaves the baby be in the normal ending. She kills it in the Possessed Ending, and through killing a True Innocent, becomes consumed by her darkness...
Alessa couldn't die despite her injuries, though I'm unsure if it was solely due to the God or Dahlia's spells.
Valtiel's magic ensures that the Mother of God is immortal, one way or another. Dahlia has nothing to do with it.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

AuraTwilight wrote: I'm of the opinion that she leaves the baby be in the normal ending. She kills it in the Possessed Ending, and through killing a True Innocent, becomes consumed by her darkness...
Never thought of the possessed ending that way before. :? Makes me feel sorry for the baby even more. :(
AuraTwilight wrote: Valtiel's magic ensures that the Mother of God is immortal, one way or another. Dahlia has nothing to do with it.
Thanks. :) I remembered that he takes care of her resurrection, but other than that things are a bit fuzzy.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

This topic was recently addressed on the Silent Hill Heaven Discord and I haven't strayed from what I said I guess a decade ago.

Heather turns after hearing a baby crying and sees a newborn—just another parallel between Harry and Heather's story—and, essentially, ignores it. She knows from her and Harry's past that bringing the child into this world would absolutely be a (literal) nightmare for it, and for her. The one person she loved was murdered because of the same actions—there's no way she'd take it with her.

My thought is that Valtiel—although according to Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle indicates "[he] is already nowhere to be seen"—essentially swoops in and takes the newborn to ensure its safety, as he knows Heather is no longer pregnant with God. Yet still his duty is to protect God and ensure its birth.

What makes this even more interesting, especially now, is that according to Alex's [supplementary] diary from SILENT HILL: HOMECOMING, we know the Order is now defunct. Keep in mind, though, that HOMECOMING occurs 6/7 years after the deaths of all the leaders of the Order, including Claudia, Toby, George, etc.

We must also recognize that the Order went into a sort of "hibernation" after Dahlia's death, and it wasn't until a decade had passed that the Order was revived.

This means any surviving members of the Order—who we read about it in the Chapel, and who we've never even heard about it—could be out there looking for the new Mother of God, who may very well be stuck in the [otherside] with Valtiel.

According to my timeline, SILENT HILL 3 and SILENT HILL 4: THE ROOM occur in 2000 and 2001, with HOMECOMING being set in 2007. It's now 2023. The Order could very well have been revitalized in that time, with the possibility of the Child being abandoned on the side of the road or anywhere else and found (again) by some unwitting stranger(s).

Because God, in this religion, refuses to die.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.