voice acting seem a lill shotty to anyone else?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

l33tspaniard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by l33tspaniard »

I thought it was good...at least Douglas didn't say anything about a Heather sandwich.
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

But he did say Heather was a master of unlocking things. :lol:
l33tspaniard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by l33tspaniard »

But lock picks are useless in Silent Hill, all the doors are broken. Hm...perhaps Douglas could give Heather a weapon that was very powerful, especially against living things...

...okay, I'll stop now...
aj4x94
Historical Society Historian

Post by aj4x94 »

I thought the voice acting was great. Especially Heather and Claudia.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
DarkeningNightmare
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by DarkeningNightmare »

i didn't find anything wrong with it. i thought the voice acting was ok
"It is the end of days, and i am the Reaper."-Dark Alessa
Herr Shaun
Gravedigger

Post by Herr Shaun »

There were some instances where the voice acting didn't seem natural, where it just didn't flow very well. I found it to be the worst of the 4 games, but it wasn't terrible.
You've got your good things, and I've got mine.
kittykornkid
Just Passing Through

Post by kittykornkid »

Phsaw!
The voice acting was fine in this game. I'll admit that Heather's voice didn't really fit her character, but I didn't find much else to complain about with the voices.
genowyn
Just Passing Through

Post by genowyn »

Sometimes Heather was a little bit ridiculous...some of that may have been due to writing, though.

For example, her responses to Claudia during the first meeting...they make no sense.
Devilsknight
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Devilsknight »

Im still waiting for a answere from Mockingbeared before choosing a side in this issue =D
When I grow up I want to be Mockingbird.
king_of_blades08
Just Passing Through

Post by king_of_blades08 »

I didn't have a problem with it that much. I loved Heather's voice acting in it. Cartland's grew on me. The first time I heard him speak I was like "heh?" but now I have no problem with it.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

I thought Heather's voice fit perfectly. Douglas' was fine as well. Claudia on the other hand was terrible. I could never get past her fake, slight, pseudo British accent. I never cared much for Vincent either, and not just his voice. I thought the entire character was a bit useless.
nobody is anybody
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

I never got psuedo british out of claudia's accent. It sounded New England-ey. I've met people with that accent.
Justice has a name, and the name it has, besides justice, is Captain Hammer!
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

Heather's seiyuu was great, I thought. She emoted very well, and it was not only age appropriate but character appropriate. Hearing her cry at... you know, that scene... it gets me every time. You really feel how painful it is to lose someone you love.

Vincent was pretty good, too. He sounded like a regular guy. It felt right, especially since as he kept talking, his voice gained this strained quality that felt like he'd break into sermon if you let him. I agree with VIVIsect that his character seemed out of place, but I think they put him in there as a counter to Claudia, showing that there are levels to every religion, the cult being no different.

Douglas was okay to me. Every now and then, though, I swear he sounded like Grover from Sesame Street, and I'd have to shake the image.

Claudia... now, that was a mistake. Between her accent and her over acting, it was just a disaster. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's version in the OST was impeccable, but it was made all the better after hearing the brit-shit version of the in game. Why are you British? Why?! Stop it! It may be that that's a viable New England accent, but to the uneducated, unwashed masses, it's British.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
DarkeningNightmare
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by DarkeningNightmare »

lain of the wired wrote:Claudia... now, that was a mistake. Between her accent and her over acting, it was just a disaster. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's version in the OST was impeccable, but it was made all the better after hearing the brit-shit version of the in game. Why are you British? Why?! Stop it! It may be that that's a viable New England accent, but to the uneducated, unwashed masses, it's British.
i agree with everything you said but this, but in no reference to her accent, i agree with you in that too. i do not, however, feel as though her voice is not out of place. She accurately portrays a "holier-than-thou" character. someone who, in her own mind is better than those around her because of her belief in the god that she worships. i must admit that her arrogance is a bit much at times but it does help to build what she is. Notice the emphasis she puts on the word "god" itself, and how she uses the term as if no one understands it the way she does.
"It is the end of days, and i am the Reaper."-Dark Alessa
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

Claudia's got some of my favourite lines, and I thought she delivered them well. "They've come to watch the birth of paradise, despoiled by mankind" something something. I think I got that right.
Justice has a name, and the name it has, besides justice, is Captain Hammer!
solid_snack
Just Passing Through

Post by solid_snack »

Vincent's my favourite. when heather lumps him with Claudia and he just explodes is a good moment. Whatever people say, it's some of the better voice acting in the silent hill game. The worst? The first one.
"I've got to find my daughter". Heck, the terminator had more inflection. It still makes me shudder.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: voice acting seem a lill shotty to anyone else?

Post by Uyrikeustek »

The motions were great and the script was realistic and convincing, as well as emotional and interesting. However, I found the voice acting to be quite hilarious. Especially Douglas.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

It was ok overall....with all of the horrors goin' on, some of heather's lines didn't quite fit the situations she was in. I liked douglas and his voice fit his character perfectly.....i too felt that the first time heather ran into claudia in that the voice acting was a bit off. Now the voice acting in SH1 will make the characters in SH3 receive an oscar!...:D
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

It wasn't bad i mean it was better than the emotionless acting of sh2(except for the end) and the horrible acting in 1. Sh4's voice acting was decent but nothing special.
simeonalo

Re:

Post by simeonalo »

LanceS133 wrote:Stop complaining, I think you need to go play SH1 again or RE1 :lol:
"DON'T. OPEN. THAT. DOOR!!!!!"

"YOU WERE ALMOST A JILL. SANDWICH."

"HERE'S A LOCKPICK. IT MIGHT BE HANDY IF YOU, THE MASTER-OF-UNLOCKING, TAKE IT WITH YOU."