The church entrance

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: The church entrance

Post by AuraTwilight »

Still, the fact that there's an entrance so deep underground would imply the whole church is deep underground. I somehow doubt it. Geographically speaking, it just makes no sense, and I don't think we're supposed to take what we see of the church of at all concurrent with it's reality. It's probably just some totally normal building that happens to be past an amusement park, and there's nothing sinister going on (because if you pay attention, the loonies of the Order are really a minority).
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

I was always under the impression that this particular church doesn't really exist, much like Toluca Prison in SH2, and most of Nowhere in SH1. It wasn't literally next to the Amusement Park, but rather it was linked there out of convenience for the end game sequence, which in the past has taken us to impossible places one after the other.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
Arthemesic

Post by Arthemesic »

paladin181 wrote:I was always under the impression that this particular church doesn't really exist, much like Toluca Prison in SH2, and most of Nowhere in SH1. It wasn't literally next to the Amusement Park, but rather it was linked there out of convenience for the end game sequence, which in the past has taken us to impossible places one after the other.
Am I the only one who thinks this church could be a renovated version of the Balkan Church?
It's just conjoined with Lakeside Amusement Park in order to lead Heather on.

The Amusement Park in SH was a path to Nowhere, as well as in SH3.
In the latter, you start falling into the Abyss while fighting with the Memory of Alessa.
Victory Of The Soul, Triumph Over Ordeal
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

The church isn't underground, there's clearly light shining through the windows during the meeting with Claudia.
Arthemesic

Post by Arthemesic »

simeonalo wrote:The church isn't underground, there's clearly light shining through the windows during the meeting with Claudia.
But still Heather goes through an underground passage.. The room with writings on the walls looks even like a dungeon.
Victory Of The Soul, Triumph Over Ordeal
Loonwolf
Just Passing Through

Post by Loonwolf »

The World is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round, and it has thrills and chills and is very brightly colored, and it's very loud. And it's fun, for a while.

Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they've begun to question, 'Is this real, or is this just a ride?', and other people have remembered, and they've come back to us and they say 'Hey, don't worry. Don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride.' and we KILL THOSE PEOPLE.

"Shut him up! We have alot invested in this ride! SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real."

It's just a ride.

But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that. You ever noticed that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because ... It's just a ride.

-Bill Hicks

You go through the amusement park (the false world - nothing but a dream, an illusion, as shown at the beginning), go on "the ride" (your life) - ending in death (of yourself, but not really of yourself, as you go on - it was just a ride, or a dream, a temporary path like the beginning rollercoaster). Then through the long tunnel, coming out of the squishy flesh part into something else - something more solid and permanent, and ascend to "the gate which leads to the Road To Paradise" (the REAL world).
"In the end it's only round and round, and round."

LOOnwOlf
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

The Church can't be real, I don't think the carrousel works like a secret entrance to the church (Get Smart style) and I don't think the Church will have the Harry's room copy there... The church is a collective delusion created by the minds of Alessa (Altar room, map, Alessa's room), Cheryl AKA Heather (Drawing Book, Harry's room, Harry's notepads), Vincent and Claudia (Their rooms, the picture room, the library)

You also can see that ouitside some halls are like lava pits or something; you can't believe that the church was built over a volcano...
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Obviously the church Heather visits isn't the actual church the Order uses, but there is a real church, somewhere, and undoubtedly underground.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I think that the church definitely exists but the way Heather gets to the church doesn't actually exist. The otherworld created a path for her to get there.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Adversary wrote:Obviously the church Heather visits isn't the actual church the Order uses, but there is a real church, somewhere, and undoubtedly underground.
What makes you think it's underground?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The Order operates . . . underground.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Idk....that underground passage lead me to believe that it was part of the church...kinda like the church's basement....i think it even had small enclosures off to the side while you were walking thru it....or maybe it was just a small otherworldly section to get Heather to where she needed to be next...a means to an end...

And maybe it's not the basement of the church,..since for it to be a basement it would have to be directly underneath it...and that clearly wasn't the case,...even so,...for me that small section lead me to believe that small section was somehow connected to the church and not the amusement park.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Arthemesic wrote:
simeonalo wrote:The church isn't underground, there's clearly light shining through the windows during the meeting with Claudia.
But still Heather goes through an underground passage.. The room with writings on the walls looks even like a dungeon.
Seems very similar to green lion antique shop....
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Order operates . . . underground.
Ohohohohoho, I see what you did there.
SHF

Post by SHF »

I thought the church corridor ( right before the chapel) looked eerily familiar to when travis goes through green lion antiques. ( think that's the name)
Maybe its the same place.
But since heather is in the other world, we cannot say that the amusement park leads to the church.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]