Why a mask for snowwhite and a red shoe for cinderella?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Yep, it all sounds pretty good!
Why do you find the doll-head among some candles, a goblet and a glass ball (with crest) in the Fortune-teller-place? And why the red shoe in the spotlight on the stage?
Here's what i'm thinking. If the doll head didn't really mean anything, those are usually things that would be in a fortune teller place. In the fairytale, Snow White finds the dwarf's house which is completely messy! So she cleans it up. I'm not sure if where the head is is supposed to be analyzed that much, but it makes kinda sence.

And for the shoe being the spotlight of the stage is because Cinderella deserved to be in the spotlight. All of the time, her stupid step sisters and step mother placed her in the back doing all the work when all she wanted was one special night out with the prince. So yeah, she deserved to be in the spotlight. If that makes any sence. :mrgreen:
Kupomee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kupomee »

It actually does, thread problem solved if ya ask me!
"We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our little life is rounded with a sleep."
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

Actually, in the original French, Cinderella's shoe is made of squirrel fur, but that's neither here nor there.

The shoe is red, not prettyprettyglass, because in the original story, the prince doesn't come for Cindy first. He first comes for the stepsisters. However, their feet are far too large for the slipper, so their mother has the first one cut off her big toe. The shoe fits, the prince and his bride-to-be take off for the palace, when the prince hears a bird outside the carriage. "Blood in the shoe! The princess isn't true!" So the prince checks the shoe, and sure enough, there's blood in the shoe. So they turn around.

So he tries the second sister. She's cut off her heel to make her foot fit. Again, on the way to the palace, the prince hears the bird, so again he checks, and again he turns right around, finally finding Cindy.

It could also be an allusion to yet another version of the story, in which, after finally marrying the prince, Cindy has a vindictive streak and makes her wicked step mother dance at her wedding in red-hot iron shoes until she falls down dead.

Do we understand now? :3
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

^^Hmm. Would the creators actually dig into Cinderella that much though?
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

It doesn't take that much digging. I was already aware of the foot-mutilation version, though I can't remember where I heard it.
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

I've a book, Grimm's Grimmest. My mom bought it for christmas for me a few years ago at Borders Books. $12. Not much digging at all, and it's still got stories in it I'd never heard of before.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

A brief browse of a Wikipedia article on fairytales could probably give you the blood in the show/toe mutilation bit.

The doll head shaped like an apple scared the hell out of me, though of course I don't understand it's connection to Snow White apart from the fact that it's shaped like an apple. Didn't the witch in that story want to be young and beautiful? Idk.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

^^Yeah. The Witch in Snow White wanted to be the most beautifulest person in the kingdom.

I've a book, Grimm's Grimmest. My mom bought it for christmas for me a few years ago at Borders Books. $12. Not much digging at all, and it's still got stories in it I'd never heard of before.
But we're talking about Cinderella. Not Cindy. :?
I WANT that book!!
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Cindy = Cinderella D:
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

Krist. wrote:Cindy = Cinderella D:
Thanks... I'm an abbreviation addict! Cindy and SW :D
revalations 23:16
Morbid.Marionette
Just Passing Through

Post by Morbid.Marionette »

I looked up Snow-White and Rose-Red. (Rose-Red is Snow-White's sister).
But I came up with nothing important.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Oh, I suck at abbreviations! :roll:
DarkeningNightmare
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by DarkeningNightmare »

there was also the fairytale that heather reads to slay the monster guarding the door of the office building. maybe alessa had someone (lisa?) read them to her to escape the pain she was enduring.
Last edited by DarkeningNightmare on 22 Sep 2008, edited 1 time in total.
"It is the end of days, and i am the Reaper."-Dark Alessa
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

It's possible. But, and I hope you don't think I'm trying to offend you, that's like one of those minor details that really just embellishes and embroiders the point instead of making one on its own. The fact alone that Lisa took care of Alessa (willingly or unwillingly) was enough for Alessa to feel some sort of affection for her. Whether or not a person wants to elaborate on the details of said care-taking is up to them but it doesn't really change much or make a different point, you know?
DarkeningNightmare
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by DarkeningNightmare »

Krist. wrote:It's possible. But, and I hope you don't think I'm trying to offend you, that's like one of those minor details that really just embellishes and embroiders the point instead of making one on its own. The fact alone that Lisa took care of Alessa (willingly or unwillingly) was enough for Alessa to feel some sort of affection for her. Whether or not a person wants to elaborate on the details of said care-taking is up to them but it doesn't really change much or make a different point, you know?
no offense taken. i'm still kinda new to this and this is the first forum i ever joined so i guess i get a little over zealous
"It is the end of days, and i am the Reaper."-Dark Alessa
residentevil5
Just Passing Through

Post by residentevil5 »

Maybe they base the fairytale characters in the old version. In which it wasn't a happy ending for some character. Or maybe base on grim brother fairytale. The little mermaid was imprison inside a statue after she was turn into foam....Cinderella originally had glass slipper although some stories suggest it was leather...Any way it was true that her stepsister cut her toe. And the other one her heel or ankle so the shoe did turn crimson red.....As for the head....well i'm a bit stumped on that. Until now I still don't see any connection. Other than what JuriDawn said.
HELLLO!
Raider Man

Post by Raider Man »

Sorry if I changed the subject for a little bit, but had anybody noticed the two pictures? The cinderella was on the left and snow white on the right, but there is something wrong, thats what Heather said, is it related to any of these things? The red shoe that you think its a blood shoe or someting and the dull thing about beauty?!! What the picture is all about. Little help here please.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Guys... it's really not that complicated. :|
Sorry if I changed the subject for a little bit, but had anybody noticed the two pictures? The cinderella was on the left and snow white on the right, but there is something wrong, thats what Heather said, is it related to any of these things? The red shoe that you think its a blood shoe or someting and the dull thing about beauty?!! What the picture is all about. Little help here please.
Heather said something's wrong because they don't really look like the Disney princesses. And they're in a really akward place and you have to find really akward things for them to continue with the game.
Kupomee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kupomee »

Something's wrong because in the pictures there's shadows of objects that aren't there in reality.

Also, those pictures were taken from over the shoulders of the statues, which creeped me out. Like someone was watching me from above in that room.
Which is nicely fitting in with the god or Alessa manipulating Heather at that point and it/her looking in on Heathers actions at that point.
"We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our little life is rounded with a sleep."
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Raider Man wrote:Sorry if I changed the subject for a little bit, but had anybody noticed the two pictures? The cinderella was on the left and snow white on the right, but there is something wrong, thats what Heather said, is it related to any of these things? The red shoe that you think its a blood shoe or someting and the dull thing about beauty?!! What the picture is all about. Little help here please.
How about you read the thread? That's what we're discussing. :/