Yellow God?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Arthemesic
Historical Society Historian

Re: Yellow God?

Post by Arthemesic »

The Adversary wrote:>Valtiel is the red god<
Xuchilbara is the red god, not to be confused with Xuchilpaba or Valtiel.
How come I remember years back, that even you said that Valtiel is Pyramid Head and thus; Xuchilbara as well.
The discussion happened in the Silent Hill 2 section.

Keep in mind, it is possible that I'm wrong
Victory Of The Soul, Triumph Over Ordeal
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I once did believe that. I no longer do. I've even tried to amend those topics to avoid confusion.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

Got ya!

What was the role of Xuchilbara?

So god created the Lobsel Vith(yellow) and Xuchilbara(red) right?

The god inside of Alessa/Cheryl/Heather created the Lobsel Vith(SH1) and the Valtiel(SH3) to assist in the birth of god and Jamie conjured the Xuchilpara(Valtiel) to bring Mary back to life.
Arthemesic

Post by Arthemesic »

krakalackin wrote:
Got ya!

What was the role of Xuchilbara?

So god created the Lobsel Vith(yellow) and Xuchilbara(red) right?

The god inside of Alessa/Cheryl/Heather created the Lobsel Vith(SH1) and the Valtiel(SH3) to assist in the birth of god and Jamie conjured the Xuchilpara(Valtiel) to bring Mary back to life.
Seriously, did Team Silent even know for themselves? :?
I'm confused. Very confused.
Victory Of The Soul, Triumph Over Ordeal
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Additionally, is there really any reason to believe that Xuchilbara and Lobsel Vith have any real significance to any of the stories? After all, we also hear of Metatron and Samael, and those are just names with no real connection to the mythical personages.

Also, I recall hearing from somewhere that the creation myth in SH3 is actually in reference to the events of SH1, and therefore exclusive to Father Vincent's incarnation of the Holy Woman sect. Could that be so?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>is there really any reason to believe that Xuchilbara and Lobsel Vith have any real significance to any of the stories?<
I do. I believe Lobsel Vith is the spiritual flame used to immolate and impregnate Alessa.

>we also hear of Metatron and Samael, and those are just names with no real connection to the mythical personages.<
Valtiel is the Order's version of Metatron, so even while it's not called Metatron, it still represents that figure, thus the use of the name isn't totally arbitrary.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

The Adversary wrote:I believe Lobsel Vith is the spiritual flame used to immolate and impregnate Alessa.
Really? Could you tell me why you think so (and why Lobsel Vith, in particular)? Or, if you've already written about it, point me in that direction?
Valtiel is the Order's version of Metatron, so even while it's not called Metatron, it still represents that figure, thus the use of the name isn't totally arbitrary.
This actually makes quite a bit of sense, especially with the syncretic elements of SH3's plot.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Could you tell me why you think so (and why Lobsel Vith, in particular)?<
It stems from the idea of the separate sects worshiping the different gods. I believe Dahlia in particular worshiped Lobsel Vith, and the idea of it being yellow comes from the flame used to immolate the children.

I think Burning Man detailed some of this earlier in this thread—if not, in one of the many Valtiel topics.

>This actually makes quite a bit of sense, especially with the syncretic elements of SH3's plot.<
I have a topic on it, called "Valtiel & Metatron." Check it out.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
the Rook
Just Passing Through

Post by the Rook »

As to the Hastur reference; I think it likely the Yellow God is a homage, rather than an intentional identification of Hastur as the yellow god. Carcosa (the alien city ascociated with Haastur the Unspeakabele) is a city on a lake eternally obscured by mist.....again a homage and inspiration rather than a literaly identification with Silent Hill. Frankly I use Silent Hill in my Call of Cthulhu games, though I converted the online source to BRP rather than d20. I am not a fan of d20.

the Rook
the Rook 93-93/93