Key in the Can

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Re: Key in the Can

Post by simeonalo »

Her avatar isn't stretching the screen. At least, it doesn't look like it to me.

...you can argue that the keys in the can, the keys behind the wood in the mall, at least every puzzle, could symbolize Heather "being out of reach". This was in another thread, I think. She needs to go home, but she can't yet, it's out of her "grasp".
astral
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re:

Post by astral »

EileenGalvin wrote:Even more absurd than the key in the can is the fact that in the same room (I think) Heather refuses to take the money that is laying all over the counter.

I mean, come on! Grab that shit and run!

I don't know about you, but I would not want to take anything in the Silent Hill world that I didn't need. (Money, clothes, food, etc.) I'd only take the essential things I need to get through it. Would you want money you took from a demonic world back to you when you return to the real world? I know I wouldn't, I'd be way too scared. :(
I believe, I believe, I believe
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Technically this wasn't in Silent Hill.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

But it's still in the Otherworld, which considering what kind of monstrocities inhabit Heather's, it's amazing she'd actually want to drink or take anything that had been in the Otherworld that she didn't really need. Not to mention the weight of the coins could slow her down, leaving her vulnerable.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Not to mention the weight of the coins could slow her down, leaving her vulnerable.
Those were normal coins. Not a piece of "super heavy iron".
astral
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by astral »

Mephisto wrote:
Not to mention the weight of the coins could slow her down, leaving her vulnerable.
Maybe they wouldn't be heavy, but they could be very annoying and jingle together which would alert enemies.
LuciaInFurs
Just Passing Through

Post by LuciaInFurs »

How can this bother you when Heather can apparently carry a sub-machine gun in her pocket?
[color=yellow]The Electric Angels [/color](here be tales)
[url]http://luciainfurs.wordpress.com/[/url]
~*~*~*~*~*~
[color=red]"Don't you know there ain't no devil,
it's just god when he's drunk"[/color]
astral
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by astral »

LuciaInFurs wrote:How can this bother you when Heather can apparently carry a sub-machine gun in her pocket?
Because the sub-machine gun won't jingle when she runs while the coins would.
Why would you even want to take money from there, and COINS at that. They're probably not worth much.
SHF

Post by SHF »

The key in the can just symbolizes the abnormality and distortion of the otherworld compared to that of the reality.
Just like how heather finds the pork liver in the bar room
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Loonwolf
Just Passing Through

Post by Loonwolf »

She's buying life insurance. Sustenance in a can, like a health drink.
She doesn't take any more money because she's not a thief - even if she acts like it sometimes. She's just taking what she needs and no more - but she must have been more than "kinda thirsty" to want to try. I'm sure that maul she somehow stuffs into her pocket and has trouble lifting is a bit heavier than a handful of cash. It's like she's dreaming - nothin really makes logical sense.
"In the end it's only round and round, and round."

LOOnwOlf
SHF

Post by SHF »

astral wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
Maybe they wouldn't be heavy, but they could be very annoying and jingle together which would alert enemies.
She says why she doesn't take them.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Loonwolf wrote:I'm sure that maul she somehow stuffs into her pocket and has trouble lifting is a bit heavier than a handful of cash. It's like she's dreaming - nothin really makes logical sense.
I like to think that the only weapon that she's actually carrying canonically is the handgun since it's the only one we are forced to pick up (if I remember correctly) and all the extra weapons would really be impossible for her to carry.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re:

Post by clips »

Travis wrote:I'm tired of the fact that any little abnormal and bizzare thing in the SH games MUST represent something or have a deeper meening.
bsheffield87 wrote:I imagine that it represents everything being strange and everything being out of place: a key in a bag of jelly beans, a light bulb in a can, and a key in a can. You know, just stuff that's out of place in a world that is already out of place as it is.
That's it! Why bother any further?

Y'know i like to break down certain aspects of this series, but i agree with this.....even tho there's no harm in trying find a deeper connection to certain scenarios, i think people are really reachin' here....there's nothing here to really break down or to search for a deeper theory...things are the way they are because the otherworld is a disturbing and surreal place...nothing is what it seems and things that you would normally see in the real world are going to be out of place in otherworld,.."just because"...*shrugs*...some things don't require a breakdown of events or meaning.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

astral wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
I agree with this, it might be like the perfume.
They might could keep her in the foggy and otherworld versions of SH forever too...
DJ Tomoe
Just Passing Through

Post by DJ Tomoe »

Didn't the making-off video acknowledged this? The fear of machines that don't follow the purpose of what they were meant to do.