Should this be played on easy or normal?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

I bought the game today and started to play on Easy in the gameplay and the puzzles, I like to beat the games in Easy, then go to Medium and then Hard, altough i don't like to be stalked by these monsters... Is this normal? I mean, to kill a dog it takes like 6 bullets from the handgun and even when he falls to the ground i need to stomp on it like 2 or 3 times, as for the mandarins i waste like 10-11 bullets, and i'm playing on easy, i mean.. In SH2 just with 2 shots you kill certain monsters... What's wrong?
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

Nothings wrong, SH:3 is just a lot tougher than 2. Your best tactic is only to kill what you have to, and try and dodge the rest - not really for safety, but is conserves ammo and you get where your going a lot faster :lol:
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
Empyrean
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Empyrean »

play the games on the hardest setting as soon as you start teh thing for the first time. people always talk about the feeling and atmosphere of these games but then they play the game on easy. to truly apreciate the the overal game put it on the hardest setting you can for your first play through.

as far as Homecoming being hard. I only found it hard in a couple of locations other then that it war relativly easy. I guess it comes down to how good you are at he mele combat.
MatchCat
Just Passing Through

Post by MatchCat »

>"easy" in a silent hill game always equals boring

Not really, no. I find myself not bored in the slightest and actually quite glad I don't have to bother with too many enemies when I play a game. It's distracting and annoying.
I agree, sure it may lose some of it's puzzles but for the most part it's still good. Some enemies in this game are very annoying and I'd rather not bother with them. I'd play it on easy first to get a feel for it, if not normal.
[img]http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/Wafflepudding/machinegunmovsma.gif[/img]
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

I actually found SH1 and 2 very easy on normal difficulty. I found SH3 monsters the hardest and I believe they respawned a lot too if I remember correctly. I hate respawnable enemies.
EileenGalvin
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by EileenGalvin »

Yah, I would go for normal. It is not that difficult of a game, easy is going to make it pretty boring. Most of the monsters you don't even necessarily have to kill, like Closers. They are big but slow, you can usually navigate around them pretty easily.
Slurpers are the ones you will have to get rid off, they are fast and cause a lot of damage.
The dogs are easier to evade, plus you can distract them with beef jerky. If there is some nasty looking meat in the area, the dogs rather pay attention to that than to Heather. Just run away from them, and after a short distance they will stop chasing you and return to their lunch.
Those nasty spider-mosquito like things which names I just can't remember right now, they might annoy you. Alone with the noise they make, which usually was the reason for me to get rid of them.
[url=http://www.visitsilenthill.com][img]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/EileenGalvin/vshsignature.gif[/img][/url]
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

SH1 should be played ine easy mode the first time (in my opinion.) It's a seriously tough game. Same for SH4. SH2 and 3 should be on normal and Homecoming on normal.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Should this be played on easy or normal?

Post by Uyrikeustek »

I always start the game on Easy so I can focus more on the story of the game rather than the fighting and puzzles and then later on re-play the game on Normal and Hard to challenge myself and to focus on unlocking items.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.