does harry care about heather

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

SilentWren
Historical Society Historian

Re:

Post by SilentWren »

To stay on topic...yes, I believe Harry cared deeply for Heather. So says his murdering in self defense...and the taser...and the aglophagis. (don't remember how to spell it, sry)

To get only slightly off-topic....
(Is there such a thing as necro-replying?)
AuraTwilight wrote:Or Heather's age was double-bluffed to the school. She looks 17, why would they question it?
This is the thing that has always bothered me. Schools have to see a kid's SSC and birth certificate, so.....how did Harry explain enrolling a 12 year old into kindergarten? I guess he could've home schooled her. It just would've been a very strange life for Heather, at least in the earlier years.
We know she used to smoke, and she probably bought them with her "HEY, I'M 24!" I.D. I guess it must've been complicated when she got the name change, too.

Idk...what do you guys think? I'm assuming this was already discussed somewhere that I can't find?
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Kerrigan
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: does harry care about heather

Post by Kerrigan »

It's likely that Heather could have been home-schooled. We see a mathematics textbook in her room—no back pack or anything, although I guess those aren't always necessary for public school. Staying out of the system would help them to lay low...

There may be some details that cover this in the Japanese novelization. I'm not sure.
Q
Just Passing Through

Re:

Post by Q »

Bishop Sasarai wrote:Why would Harry care about Heather? I mean, what sort of father would he be if he cared about his daughter? That's just not heard of.
A Father that goes to the Christoph Gans School of Parenting.
Wolfus
Just Passing Through

Re:

Post by Wolfus »

Mephisto wrote:>James doesn't look that old. Alex looked older than 22.
James looks like 35-38 to me, and what the hell, I tought Alex was something like 36 or 37... Can't believe he's 22...
It's obvious why James looks older than he really is. His wife was seriously ill for last four years. Under that condition (lots of stress, fear and psychic pain) is faster aging perfectly understandable.
Damp mud burning in my eyes...
SHF

Post by SHF »

If you read Harry's journal, he actually says he loves heather. He admits though, he had felt like abandoning her, but grew to love her.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I agree Heather was probably homeschooled. The girl doesn't seem like she deals with strangers much at all.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

^ Don't forget the phone call Heather made from the mall where she says, "(giggles)..I love you too Dad." This would indicate that Harry said I love you....
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Yeah, more than likely home schooled.

There's just something about that whole time period that gives me a Sarah Conner Chronicles feeling. :D
The whole "laying low" and "my kid is all special and shit."
I've thought about it quite often, actually. Trying to make up details about the cult member that Harry had to kill and what not. I even imagine the conversations that little Heather has with Carly, although song lyrics aren't really canon are they? lol.

I think it would be awesome if someone wrote a graphic novel about that time frame. Unlikely, but it'd be nice.

EDIT: *thumbs up* and an "exactly!" to the post below me.
Last edited by SilentWren on 30 Nov 2010, edited 1 time in total.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
morimunda
Just Passing Through

Post by morimunda »

SilentWren wrote:Yeah, more than likely home schooled.

There's just something about that whole time period that gives me a Sarah Conner Chronicles feeling. :D
The whole "laying low" and "my kid is all special and shit."
I've thought about it quite often, actually. Trying to make up details about the cult member that Harry had to kill and what not. I even imagine the conversations that little Heather has with Carly, although song lyrics aren't really canon are they? lol.

I think it would be awesome if someone wrote a graphic novel about that time frame. Unlikely, but it'd be nice.

You took the words right out of my mouth! :O I too have imagined Heather and Carly's conversations, especially while listening to the song (LOL I just throw the canonicity out the window but I daydream a lot so it's not real any way!) :D And a graphic novel devoted to that time frame would be awesome!! For whatever reason, I like to imagine what the characters were doing before/after their ordeals. When I play SH2, for example,
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I sometimes imagine how James & Mary's lives were before she became ill. I know I'm weird, but the Normal ending for SH3 left me unsatisfied. Really though, what more could I expect?

In relation to OP, everyone else has already said it (with evidence & much better than I could any way). Harry did indeed love Heather. :)