symoblism of the hole at the end of the church (spoilers)

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>She had to get into the hole for the God to be born.
God was already born by the time the hole was created.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Er...no it wasn't.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Are you sure we're talking about the same hole? Because I completely missed the whole squat toilet thing. I was thinking of this hole:

AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, and that hole was created before God was born. Remember, Valtiel jumped up and pulled Claudia down? Claudia wasn't dead yet until she apparently got to the bottom.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

We're talking about a difference in milli-seconds, here. . .
Last edited by Jonipoon on 03 Jul 2009, edited 1 time in total.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, not MILLI-seconds, but regardless, you're still wrong. The hole still existed before God's birth.
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

I agree with vagina theory.
Most of the game monsters have a sexual aspect I guess.
Like the closers who have verticlal lips on their faces or the worm monster that appears as a vagina.
Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die
SilentIvo
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentIvo »

whiteclaudia9 wrote:There's a painting in SH3 that depicts two women leading another woman to a oval shaped hole in the floor. I thought that it was a foreshadowing of what was to come when Heather faces the "boss". That hole in the painting and the hole torn in the floor of the church both look like birthing cannals...of sorts. As for the toilet thing, I can see how people would make the connection. I find Japanese toilets to be kinda...creepy.
True, that hole in the painting has some sort of ritualistic connection to god, and since in the otherworld abstract ideas are materialised and exagerated, The hole is there as the ultimate passage, portal or gateway to God.
Also, holes are a constant symbol of descent in the series, being the further down, the closer to truth or whatever is the ultimate goal of the character's travel throughout the game. So that also fits well with the "portal" idea.
zombiejesus
Just Passing Through

Post by zombiejesus »

Jonipoon wrote:Are you sure we're talking about the same hole? Because I completely missed the whole squat toilet thing. I was thinking of this hole:

yeah thats the whole i was talking about, but thats what it looks like after shes ripped through the hole, right before that the hole in the ground looks like a squat toilet.
SpaceProg
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SpaceProg »

That reminds me a lot of a dilated cervical opening into the uterus. I think the actual vaginal opening is going through that conveniently-shaped squishy tunnel leading from the Merry Go Round.

As for the sexual/pregnancy symbolism in SH3, the game is rife with it.

On the floors in various places look like passed placentas, you can look at them, but Heather won't say anything about them. Dogs are even feeding on one in one area.

In another area in a bathroom stall, it's reminiscent of a botched self-abortion using a clothes-hanger that went wrong, resulting in the bleeding-out of the mother.

Numbodies share a resemblance with both penises, as well as translucent-skinned fetuses.

There are hangers situated in various areas.

In one area, I believe it's in either the hospital or the church, there is a sound of a baby's heartbeat as if being listened to via a monitor at a doctor's office.

Just thought I'd throw in my .02, as I love discussing possible symbolism in Silent Hill games.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

VAGINAZ!

xD

nah jk. :D
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: symoblism of the hole at the end of the church (spoilers

Post by Uyrikeustek »

All holes in Silent Hill resemble VAGINAS. jk. maybe just holes.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Please don't bump an old thread to parrot a joke that was spam the first time around.
Kerrigan
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kerrigan »

The slot in Midwich Elementary always reminded me of the hole—before it's ruined, anyway.

AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Oh snap, that's striking.
SHF

Re:

Post by SHF »

Returbuliz wrote:I agree with vagina theory.
Most of the game monsters have a sexual aspect I guess.
Like the closers who have verticlal lips on their faces or the worm monster that appears as a vagina.
it looks more like an anus really. so maybe god was shit out, as a form of septic, abnormal birth.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

.....I've no idea what anuses you've seen to even begin to draw that conclusion.