Bleeding walls

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

ecks
Just Passing Through

Post by ecks »

Sh4 graphics was kinda dull to me.
Karen999uk
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Karen999uk »

Raider Man wrote:
jakamawatan15 wrote:honestly, one of the best things in silent hill 8)
had anybody mentioned the mirror in one of the hospital room alternate? It is also connected somehow...
I was completely terrified by that the first time I played the game, alone in my house with my husband on a business trip in Poland - I had to leave all the lights and the tv on that night. However, on a second play-through (and more) it isn't scary at all (possibly because you know what is going to happen), although the pulsing, burning bloodied walls still unnerve me.
lost carol
Just Passing Through

Post by lost carol »

I remember the other world hospital,just looking at the wall made me feel really hot and I couldn't find any of the doors.sorry if this is off topic. :(
ILoveCarrots
Just Passing Through

Post by ILoveCarrots »

If it has something to do with the whole mother/giving birth thing, it actually makes sense it's also in SH4 :P
Since it's about appartment 302 being Walters momma..
Someone should get the toiletpaper!
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

I think the symbolize
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Heather's womb & the rebirth of God.
Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die
Zerosignal
Just Passing Through

Post by Zerosignal »

Well, the Otherworld(s?) are supposed to be significant of the fears of whoever creates them or is in them, like what we learned in SH1. Dogs, moths, everything is all Cheryl's fears in SH1. So i would think it's whatever Heather fears. "Fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh"...so, blood seems plausible. As for it specifically being menstrual blood, i guess that could be a fear of hears since she was
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
probably in the hospital when she hit puberty, right? Or at least one of her was. So i'm sure that would be even more of a change to go through if you're already burnt into a snapping crackling popping rice crispy treat
[i]Stay.
You don't always know where you stand,
'Till you know that you won't run away.
There's something inside me that feels...
Like breathing in sulfur.[/i]
[b]-Slipknot[/b]
Henderson
Just Passing Through

Post by Henderson »

blood
SilentIvo
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentIvo »

considering that the alternate reality in which Heather was trapped seems to adapt itself like it has an intelligence or like it's a living being (locked doors and respective keys are placed in puzzle-like ways, especially in the alternate form, and accesses are blocked strategically, suggesting it choses a path for Heather to walk), and that it is someone's mind's creation, you could say that the blood/veins/organic stuff on the walls induces a sense of being inside a living or aware reality.
Also, that texture looks a lot like the one on Heather's body when she is about to give birth to the god, so it could be seen as a way to suggest that's going to happen later.

Or you could simply think that they liked that effect and added it simply because it looks creepy. :mrgreen:
giannamon
Just Passing Through

Post by giannamon »

I always though of it, especially in the church, as bloody noodles.. not periods. I think you're over analyzing the whole period thing.
es nom.
-Alligator-
Just Passing Through

Post by -Alligator- »

I think the only thing it symbolizes is Alessa's suffering, nothing else. Also I think that it's blood not veins. It was even said in the Making of SH3 that the walls bleed.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Bleeding walls

Post by Uyrikeustek »

Yeah I always thought it was blood streams spreading throughout the wall. It looked so badass and awesome the first time I saw it. I still love watching it to this day, sometimes wasting too much time doing just that and not enough time actually making legitimate progress in the game.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
Maverick
Just Passing Through

Post by Maverick »

the first time I played the game and came across this I was like WTF! It definitely made me hurry through the hallways to get into the next room just so that I didn't have to remain there. I always thought that there were many enemies in that bloody wall portion. I don't know, I always felt like I was in danger if I remained there for too long.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

^^^Haha...yeah, that whole area with the bleeding walls felt incredibly terrorfying and unreal....the visuals and noise effects kept me on edge....and even tho prt4 had a section with bloody walls, it wasn't done as good as what was seen in prt3...