A dead body?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Damn It All
Just Passing Through

Post by Damn It All »

in zero wrote:
dezfez wrote:Is it where you get the silencer for the handgun? [ie, use the maul to open up the wall?] That's the only area I can think of off the top of my head that has a "squished person in wall". I always thought that was some bizarro-homage to the metal gear solid games, for some reason.

But I could be remembering an entirely different area, or not remember this area correctly at all. it's been aaaages since I've played SH3. :L
There's a silencer in SH3? Whaaaa?
Its in the apartment building before the office building. Right before you jump down on the mattress there is slightly different colored wall. If you hit it with the mace it breaks open and there's a silencer along with a pair of legs. You can't take the legs though.
The Heart is heaven but the Mind is Hell. - Tom Waits
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

Yeah, I know what part you are talking about, but I'm pretty sure you can't see anything...

Too bad SH3 doesn't have the optional over-the-shoulder/back-of-the-head view that SH1 had.
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

Happened to me too, I guess it's just a glitch :\
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

Lostkitsune wrote:^Yep , though I don't think it has much use.
Yeah, come to think of it, I don't think I ever used it; and I normally try out stuff like that.
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

I use the silencer sometimes, I like it. I think it helps keeps keep the monsters from hearing you. I mean, that's kind of the obvious purpose for it...
ClockworkLittleHappiness
Just Passing Through
Location: Otherworld Hospital. Room at the end of the hall, 2nd floor.

Post by ClockworkLittleHappiness »

yeah I was never able to see a body either :(
...Waiting for the path to paradise to open...
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

Ryoshockwave wrote:I use the silencer sometimes, I like it. I think it helps keeps keep the monsters from hearing you. I mean, that's kind of the obvious purpose for it...
I found it particularly useful in the halls of the hospital, since only the nurse you hit is alerted. Haven´t really tested it in other areas.
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
Holy One
Just Passing Through

Post by Holy One »

I think I noticed legs in that situation too, but I'm not sure. Heather sees quite a few things that we can't, since she's actually in the game...
Lostkitsune wrote:^Yep , though I don't think it has much use.
They say the silencer is quieter and doesn't alert as many monsters to your presence, but it makes your shots weaker, so I don't bother with it. I like strolling in and just blowing everything away.
THREAD QUESTION: "Does anyone want to date Heather?"
PARTYHARD: "Well, she carries a fuckton of emotional baggage, she's her own mother, used to be a suicidal girl who opened the gates of Hell in a town and would kill people with her brain, she's 31 in a teenage body, she can go on a relentless rampage if you piss her off enough... sure, don't see why not."
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Holy One wrote:I think I noticed legs in that situation too, but I'm not sure. Heather sees quite a few things that we can't, since she's actually in the game...
Yes, you certainly can see legs at that part (the part that Damn It All described), after you knock away part of the wall. I see them on every playthrough. Heather comments that it reminds her of "The Black Cat." That's a different location than what the thread starter was talking about, though. I don't remember any body in that location.
Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

Well, there's just a pair of legs showing. I never really use the silencer anyway. If I'm going to bother shooting at them I may as well do it to where I can kill them sooner and not use as many bullets.

For some monsters such as slurpers it's useless anyway.
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Shacknasty wrote:Well, there's just a pair of legs showing.
I hope you weren't telling that to me, because that's just what I said. Maybe you didn't catch on that I was addressing two different situations and locations in my post. The "I don't remember a body there" was about the location described in the first post on the first page. NOT the hole in the wall where the legs are and the silencer is obtained.
Just to clear that up.
Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

No, I just said that as the topic title suggests there's a body and there really isn't much to see of it except a pair of legs.
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Ok. It sounded like you were talking about the hole you get the silencer from.