The Crying Bloody Footprints... SPOILERS

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

fullmetalraz
Just Passing Through

The Crying Bloody Footprints... SPOILERS

Post by fullmetalraz »

I searched and didn't find a topic about this, it may seem petty, but the bloody set of walking footprints accompanied by that really heavy crying (It is seriously the most tragic crying sound i've ever heard) in the Otherworld Church by the Painting and secret hallway, what do you think they represent? I have two possible theories, either Lisa Garland or Alessa, I think Lisa because she couldnt handle caring for Alessa hence the heavy crying, or Alessa herself because y'know, i'd cry that heavily too if i was her.

Or it could mean nothing and is just there to show you where to go by creeping you out, either way i can't listen to it for long because it sounds so tragic. =(
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

The pitch sounds like a child. Alessa's, in other words.
Nowh3re
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nowh3re »

^ Correct.
The Book Of Lost Memories, Page 89 wrote:In the church that is the final stage of the game, a young girl's crying voice and footsteps materializa, as well as a map that is reminiscent of a childlike scribbling. Although these phenomena act as a guide for Heather, the simplistically drawn map and forlorn sobbing are not there to lead her — rather, the explanation comes to light if one imagines that Alessa's thoughts from her childhood linger in hte church. It may be that the younger version of Alessa who was teased and called "witch" is wandering aimlessly about the church

[...]

Footprints walk along the corridor accompanied by the sound of sobbing. They are most likely not showing Heather the way, but simply wandering aimlessly about the church.
Dutchman
Gravedigger

Post by Dutchman »

I faintly remember such a thing (it has been a while since I've played it so forgive me). I always assumed it was just to disturb you, but the explaination of the (sacred) Book of Lost Memories (I really need to buy that), makes sense as well...
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn230/Ghoul68/banner_shh_4.png[/img]
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

It's one of the most disturbing parts in the game. And yeah, maybe it's Alessa. Could be Lisa but as the Lost Memories book pointed out, which, Nowh3re pointed'em out, it can be Alessa.
SilentObserver
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentObserver »

Ummm, those are child's footprints. They are also standard loafer type dress shoes. Lisa wore heels, Alessa wore loafers.

if they were lisa's, the crying would be more mature, and the heel of the footprint would be a tiny circle for the heel of her shoe.

The footprint would also be bigger if it was Lisa's ... unless she's a midget or somehow wears size 5 or less (which would make her very petite and she didn't seem petite to me - I'm a small girl and I wear a 7. i'd put her shoe size at about an 8 )

So yeah, i think you guys are looking for Lisa in all the wrong places. :)
Last edited by SilentObserver on 30 Sep 2009, edited 1 time in total.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Dutchman wrote: Book of Lost Memories (I really need to buy that)
No need - http://www.translatedmemories.com/book.html
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
MistahJ
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MistahJ »

One of my friends said that it was Dahlia crying over what she did to Alessa. Ya, I nearly killed that friend of mine.
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

(somethinglacking on Discord)
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

yeah that part always gave me chills the crying really does sound tragic. I never looked into it that much though.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Not to mention: Lisa is a) dead and b) being prep'd for metempsychosis by Valtiel.

She ain't walkin' nowhere.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Lisa isn't as important as most want her to be. =[
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
Dr. Eggnog

Post by Dr. Eggnog »

Though they may put it in lost memories to make us have a thread for it, I'll always just think of it as a creep-out effect.
RedPyramid3223

Post by RedPyramid3223 »

I think more than likely it's Cheryl.
Nowh3re
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nowh3re »

>I think more than likely it's Cheryl.
Why would Cheryl wander sobbing through a Church she has never been before?
Of course it didn't happen.
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

Red Pyramid do you have some actual reason for that belief other than 'just cuz?'
Your weaboo is showing
TenderMercy
Just Passing Through

Post by TenderMercy »

I always liked that part. The crying has such a weird sound to it. Like something played backwards. Now I just think it's weird because they used it on 'Robot Chicken'...
...sounds like kittens...
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

TenderMercy wrote:I always liked that part. The crying has such a weird sound to it. Like something played backwards. Now I just think it's weird because they used it on 'Robot Chicken'...
Yeah i noticed that too i had the tv on in my room but i was really sleepy so i wasn't paying attention and then i heard that crying sound and it made me jump lol.
fullmetalraz
Just Passing Through

Post by fullmetalraz »

TenderMercy wrote:I always liked that part. The crying has such a weird sound to it. Like something played backwards. Now I just think it's weird because they used it on 'Robot Chicken'...
Wait when did they play it? Now i'm intrigued.
SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Post by SH3girl32 »

I never thought of the crying woman to be either Alessa or Lisa. I'm fancinated by how you all thought about it. =) I always thought it was the spirit of the woman Heather talks to in the confessional. I'm sure I'm wrong, but I don't know who else it could be. Doesn't sound like Lisa or Alessa at all. The crying sounds like it's from a much older woman and she may be wearing some type of high heels or something. Not sure. She's invisible, that's all I know.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The footsteps' appearance parallels lil' Alessa's apparition at the beginning of Nowhere as she runs through the Phaleg door.

So, yeah: Alessa.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.