Wait, wait, wait, WHAT?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

Ah yes, let's just ignore the scene in the actual game where the two halves are flagrantly merging. We'll just formulate our opinions based on this here book. You've converted me, MMY.
SpaceProg
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SpaceProg »

I thought the "Alessa" you see running around Silent Hill trying to make the seals, was a sort of psychic or astral projection of the burnt Alessa you see in the wheelchair. Ditto for the one Harry almost hits at the beginning of the game.
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

It would seem that Alessa held some sway on Lisa the entire time. Otherwise she should have been able to leave the Other world like Harry. Much like most of the monsters being manifestations of some kind, I too believe that Lisa in this form is a form that was created by Alessa.

I came to this conclusion, because the Lisa in Origins is subtly different. True it's years before 1, but she still doesn't seem quite the same person to me.

Regardless, the Lisa in 1 was doomed by the time we met her. I believe in that final seen with her before Harry runs away, that Lisa says something along the lines of "...I'm just like them."

As for the reason for making her, well I believe it really was because she liked her. A comforting face in a world of people trying to use and abuse her. :cry:
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

I thought the "Alessa" you see running around Silent Hill trying to make the seals, was a sort of psychic or astral projection of the burnt Alessa you see in the wheelchair.
It's Cheryl, the other half of Alessa's soul, restored to her true self. You find out during the final scene before the last boss.
Ditto for the one Harry almost hits at the beginning of the game.
The camps are divided on this one.

I believe that Harry was officially dreaming by that point. The influence of Alessa took over his mind through the Otherworld, and everything that happened from the crash to when Harry wakes up in the cafe was just a dream.
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

As far as Alessa goes, imo (which can differ from yours, don't get all worked up) that first one you see in the car is an astral projection of Alessa before the burn.

The young one at the very start was Cheryl, now attuned to Alessa, making an attempt to get back to her.

Fast forward to the end and we do indeed see two people, the burned Alessa in the chair, and the grown version of her unburned self that was placing the seals around town. I think Pales may have a point as to Cheryl at some point joining back together.

However, I think that this joining simply allowed her access to Alessa's remaining powers and allowed her to take on the form of the astral projection from the start of the game, thus allowing her to stay herself so she could place seals around the town, but still connected so she could access her old power.

At the end of the game it shows the two of them merging into the glowing woman entity, so I'm pretty sure at some point the two DID in fact merge, but the older unburned one I believe is still PARTIALLY Cheryl.

Of course I could be wrong, but even so it's just my interpretation of events. :mrgreen:
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

At the end, Dahlia is merging Alessa's burned body with her projected soul. There.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
ShadowBaby
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ShadowBaby »

Maybe Alessa was enough powerful for know that Lisa would have a huge fandom so she placed her at the hospital for increase the game sales!!
I'm with you, buddy!

But, seriously, wasn't Lisa the nurse assigned to care for Alessa? I figured she just got caught up in all the hell. And no one is really dead or alive in Silent Hill. Lisa comes back at the end, in the Good ending at least, to drag Kaufman back down.
I'm currently out in search of myself. If I happen come come back before I return, please ask me to wait for myself.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^That's called Vengeance. Her soul couldn't find peace and all, only if Kaufmann was dead.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Wait, when did you change your stance, Tom? As far as I knew you were of the mind that Lisa died anywhere from hours before to right at the start of the game...

My, the things you miss when you take a break.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

So, wait? Is the black haired model nurse supposed to be Lisa as well? I am too lazy to find the video for it, but that wouldn't look like her either. lol.

I always thought of Lisa as a real person, but if I ever get to play the original game again, I will try to see the other perspective. You never know quite what is real and what isn't the first time aorund.
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>when did you change your stance, Tom?
I don't recall. Sometime when I realized how things didn't add up w/ Lisa already being dead. She does say, after all, that she's still alive.

>Is the black haired model nurse supposed to be Lisa as well?
The nurse w/ green shoes, being hanged by Valtiel, in Brookhaven Hospital's "transitionary" world, is Lisa.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

No guff? Well, she's made appearances in four games now! That little vixen does get around, doesn't she?... I'm looking at you Mike Kaufmann!
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

"Mike Kauffman" sounds pretty odd to me, as opposed to the more formal Michael. I actually said "Who the hell is Mike Kauff--ohhh, right."
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

lol. Only Lisa and I call him that... although there is no proof of that. I'll refer to him as the Good Doctor from now on so things become less confusing... wait...
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

Lisa is dead. She was killed by Kauffman at some point before SH1. The "Lisa" we see at Alchemilla is part of Alessa´s mental construct of the hospital. Which is why she can´t leave it no matter what.
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
ShadowBaby
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ShadowBaby »

Son_of_Kauffman wrote:Lisa is dead. She was killed by Kauffman at some point before SH1. The "Lisa" we see at Alchemilla is part of Alessa´s mental construct of the hospital. Which is why she can´t leave it no matter what.
That makes sense, but maybe she really is Lisa, not just a construct, because she seems too confused to be just Alessa's figment.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Whether or not she actually is Lisa's ghost or a figment, she's a post-mortem manifestation of Lisa's personality that's being maintained and influenced by Alessa. The distinction is academic at best.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>she's a post-mortem manifestation of Lisa's personality that's being maintained and influenced by Alessa.
No she's not. And there's absolutely no evidence to suggest as such.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

MMY wrote:>she's a post-mortem manifestation of Lisa's personality that's being maintained and influenced by Alessa.
No she's not. And there's absolutely no evidence to suggest as such.
But we never see her outside of the Otherworld.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

. . . and?

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.