Blaster Master Trick

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Baker
Just Passing Through

Blaster Master Trick

Post by Baker »

I am from the nintendo generation so occasionally I try some of the tricks that worked on the classic nes games. Replaying SH3 I decided to try the blaster master trick on the 1st boss. Stood directly in front of the split worm used the unlimited submachine gun right as it came at me I shot it, paused the game. You hear the gun continuously firing, the monster lets out 3 screams and then automatically the game unpauses and the battle is over, you have won. I was ecstatic this trick worked.

Anyone else try this? I plan to try it on the 2nd boss if I ever get back to playing it again.
adm1r
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by adm1r »

Never tried it or even heard it can be done but cool trick anyway :).I'm oldschool,so i really don't like using any kind of tricks or cheats :P
Baker
Just Passing Through

Post by Baker »

adm1r wrote:Never tried it or even heard it can be done but cool trick anyway :).I'm oldschool,so i really don't like using any kind of tricks or cheats :P
Same thats why I tried this trick on my 2nd time through the game. Never had to use a guide or faq to beat any game on PS2, especially not any of the Silent Hills. Its fun trying to discover new things though so you should always keep your eyes and mind open. Some games have neat stuff hidden in them, especially konami games.
adm1r
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by adm1r »

Baker wrote:
adm1r wrote:Never tried it or even heard it can be done but cool trick anyway :).I'm oldschool,so i really don't like using any kind of tricks or cheats :P
Same thats why I tried this trick on my 2nd time through the game. Never had to use a guide or faq to beat any game on PS2, especially not any of the Silent Hills. Its fun trying to discover new things though so you should always keep your eyes and mind open. Some games have neat stuff hidden in them, especially konami games.
Yes,just like with square games.FF games are full of sidequests and cool items and every time i replay any of the games i find something new which i didn't in my previous play.That's why i love games with replay value ;)
BloodyFanGirl
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by BloodyFanGirl »

That's interesting. I've never heard of that trick. I'll definitely have to try this out.
Thanks for sharing. :D
Baker
Just Passing Through

Post by Baker »

adm1r wrote:
Baker wrote:
Yes,just like with square games.FF games are full of sidequests and cool items and every time i replay any of the games i find something new which i didn't in my previous play.That's why i love games with replay value ;)
Yeah totally. Love the FF games. Silent Hill has lots of details in the background that I miss the 1st playthrough. People on this forum point them out and I am like wow I did not see that :shock:
adm1r
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by adm1r »

Baker wrote:
adm1r wrote:
Baker wrote: Same thats why I tried this trick on my 2nd time through the game. Never had to use a guide or faq to beat any game on PS2, especially not any of the Silent Hills. Its fun trying to discover new things though so you should always keep your eyes and mind open. Some games have neat stuff hidden in them, especially konami games.
Yeah totally. Love the FF games. Silent Hill has lots of details in the background that I miss the 1st playthrough. People on this forum point them out and I am like wow I did not see that :shock:
Well,that rarely happens to me because i check every corner,street,door,tree,car or whatever there is :P
ClockworkLittleHappiness
Just Passing Through
Location: Otherworld Hospital. Room at the end of the hall, 2nd floor.

Post by ClockworkLittleHappiness »

Thats so cool! I'm currently replaying SH3 so I'll have to try that.
...Waiting for the path to paradise to open...
Silver
Just Passing Through

Post by Silver »

Always struck me as odd, since Blaster Master and Silent Hill were made by two different companies.
[i]All these dreams, a crush of stifled memory. Was there something in my mind? There are things they say man was not meant to know. Is this shadow out of time?[/i]
[img]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh142/NeoSilverThorn/NatH2.gif[/img][img]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh142/NeoSilverThorn/Heather_Mason_Fan_by_AlchemillaHosp.gif[/img]
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

xD apparently the devs didnt even think of this.
Im replaying silent hill 3 atm too, but im right past this bit. Though the lizard thing aint that tough to use this trick. The final boss could be a good idea =P
Let me know if it works on Mr.Final boss
adm1r
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by adm1r »

I've tried this trick with 2nd boss and this is what happends.I start fireing with submachine gun and then i press start button.Then i hold game paused for 10-15 seconds and then unpause it.Boss falls down on the ground and starts to shake.Then,he gets up again and then i do exact same thing again.I've done it few times and then i finished him on the ground.Maybe you can't kill him with the trick immidiately but you can take him on the ground easy...
Chrysaor
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Chrysaor »

And here's a ridiculously easy way to beat Leonard:

Pump him once with the shotgun, and from there on you can continuously stomp on him until he dies.

Me and a friend discovered this little trick, and we were laughing our asses off about it.
dsagent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dsagent »

Chrysaor wrote:And here's a ridiculously easy way to beat Leonard:

Pump him once with the shotgun, and from there on you can continuously stomp on him until he dies.

Me and a friend discovered this little trick, and we were laughing our asses off about it.
what difficulty was that on?
The meaning of all life, the universe, and the answer to all questions is:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Like I would tell You! MUHAHAHAhahaha!!!!!
Chrysaor
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Chrysaor »

I believe it was on normal.

The shotgun blast knocks him over, and once he's on the ground you can easily repeatedly stomp on him without the game interrupting you. I don't think the difficulty of the game would matter much.
adm1r
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by adm1r »

^Nice trick :)

Since my next stop is hospital,I'll check out your trick and see how it works ;)
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: Blaster Master Trick

Post by warfare315 »

Baker wrote:I am from the nintendo generation so occasionally I try some of the tricks that worked on the classic nes games. Replaying SH3 I decided to try the blaster master trick on the 1st boss. Stood directly in front of the split worm used the unlimited submachine gun right as it came at me I shot it, paused the game. You hear the gun continuously firing, the monster lets out 3 screams and then automatically the game unpauses and the battle is over, you have won. I was ecstatic this trick worked.

Anyone else try this? I plan to try it on the 2nd boss if I ever get back to playing it again.
Also, the Konami code (for the most part) shows up in this game! Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, O, X, start makes Douglas wear boxers in the cutscenes. I don't know why they included this, it's completely random, but it's funny nevertheless
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Wow, Baker, I had no idea about that! I know I'm kind of late to this thread, but I had to express my delight. I'll be trying that on my next playthrough, just for fun. :P
And my next playthrough should be soon, since as soon as Shattered Memories arrives, I'll be doing a Silent Hill marathon.
Baker
Just Passing Through

Post by Baker »

phantomess wrote:Wow, Baker, I had no idea about that! I know I'm kind of late to this thread, but I had to express my delight. I'll be trying that on my next playthrough, just for fun. :P
And my next playthrough should be soon, since as soon as Shattered Memories arrives, I'll be doing a Silent Hill marathon.
Werd. I can't wait to play Shattered Memories but I am saving cash right now. Maybe next month. :(
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/Urahara7/SilentHill3ilogySig.jpg[/img]