Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, happen within the same year

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

DarkReign27
Subway Guard

Post by DarkReign27 »

Ah Interesting, missed this. Thanks.

"Cheryl ? Is that Cheryl !?"
|
SH Tributes Part 0 to 5 at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DarkR27
JamesisBetterThanHarry22
Just Passing Through

Post by JamesisBetterThanHarry22 »

OK, even if we can assume that SH2 and SH3 aren't concurrent, how do we explain the fixed gate on top of the hospital and the car on the motel?
Come Murphy. The town awaits you.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The town isn't abandoned. People still live there. And repair things.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Edea
Just Passing Through

Post by Edea »

A lot of if the town is abandoned or not is left ambiguous. However, I am led to think it is not.
Image"Lowlifes... Shameless filthy wretches. How you celebrate my ascension with such joy. Hailing the very one you've condemned for generations. Have you no shame? What happened to the evil, ruthless sorceress from your fantasies? The cold-blooded tyrant that slaughtered countless men and destroyed many nations? Where is she now?"
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

The fact that the Sunderlands made it their vacation spot after the events of the first Silent Hill pretty much resolves the ambiguity.
Edea
Just Passing Through

Post by Edea »

There was also the guy Eddie encountered who played football. If you go into the room where Eddie is puking with the dead guy in the fridge there is a room full of football posters.

Oh and the people in the hospitals.

Although, then I find it strange that James doesn't find the emptiness of the town odd. Heather, not so much.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Because Heather knows she's in another dimension, and James is fucking suicidally insane.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Edea
Just Passing Through

Post by Edea »

Yeah, that was my point. Heather expects it. But James.... er another story.

I would like to know what Laura sees as she traverses Silent Hill though.. Does she see people? If she does, then how is she able to go thru the hospital so freely?
Image"Lowlifes... Shameless filthy wretches. How you celebrate my ascension with such joy. Hailing the very one you've condemned for generations. Have you no shame? What happened to the evil, ruthless sorceress from your fantasies? The cold-blooded tyrant that slaughtered countless men and destroyed many nations? Where is she now?"
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

She doesn't see people.

My theory is that she sees Silent Hill as Mary remembers it (which is why most of what she sees is perfectly normal, except for the fact that she doesn't see the real Lakeview Hotel).
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

all of Silent Hill games take place before the year the games were released, so since 2003 is the year Silent Hill 3 was released that puts the kibosh on that theory, even Homecoming took place a year before it was released (2007)

you also have to consider that since Silent Hill 2 was released in 2001 that would make it set two years into the future and I highly doubt it was supposed to take place in the future :wink:

the ambiguity of when the games are supposed to be set is pretty fascinating though, before MMY's timeline I had no clue when any of the games were supposed to be set
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

all of Silent Hill games take place before the year the games were released, so since 2003 is the year Silent Hill 3 was released that puts the kibosh on that theory, even Homecoming took place a year before it was released (2007)
[citation needed]
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]