Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, happen within the same year

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Silent Hill Fan 888
Just Passing Through

Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, happen within the same year

Post by Silent Hill Fan 888 »

I have been playing Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 for at least three to four ways and ever since the beginning I have been trying to find a way in which these two games are connected. I mean, they just don't make a game for no reason without it having ties with the other games in the series right? Well anyway, let me post what I believe is the Silent Hill Timeline. I believe that Silent Hill 3 takes place in the year of 2003 because there are no other possible years in which the game could have taken place, so I used the year Konami made Silent Hill 3. Harry's travel through Silent Hill happened seventeen years ago, which means Harry's travel happened in 1986. Seven years before that he found a baby lieing in the street which he named Cherly, and Cherly if you ever played Silent Hill Origins was born at the end of this game. Cherly disappeared when she was seven in the year of 1986, which means Origins happened in 1979. Now the hard part, where does Silent Hill 2 take place? This took me forever to come up with a possilbility in which offered proof, but with luck I was able to find the answers I was looking for. Here's the timeline so far:

Silent Hill Origins- 1979
Silent Hill- 1986
Silent Hill 2- ?????
Silent Hill 3- 2003

But when does Silent Hill 2 take place? Most people believe Silent Hill 2 takes place either before Silent Hill or a little after Silent Hill. But I believe Silent Hill 2 takes place around the same time as Silent Hill 3. Here's my reasonings. When you travel to the Brookhaven Hospital as Heather in Silent Hill 3 it is early morning, and you don't leave the hospital until it is sunset. James enters the hospital when it is sunset. This means that Heather and James just miss each other within maybe a few minutes. While Heather is running down the street to Jack's Inn, James is going through the path to Heaven's Night where Laura has run and they are trying to catch her. This basically gives you the indication that James's search for his wife happens when Heather and Douglas get to Jack's Inn because both happen within early morning. While Heather is running around the Hospital, James is running through the apartment buildings. This means that Heather defeats her god before James ever finds Mary. Heather defeats the god at night and James defeats the Mary/Maria boss early next morning. Also, while Heather is at the hospital the iron fence on the hospital rooftop is still there. Now if Silent Hill 2 did take place before Silent Hill 3, that iron fence should be gone because Pyramid Head knocked James into that fence which then fell from the roof. But this didn't convince me alone, this last part is what really convinced me. We know for a fact that Douglas drives a blue car which looks really old. They reach Jack's Inn early morning. Now play Silent Hill 2 again. Head to Jack's Inn. Look around the parking lot. Look at the save point. Under the save point... is the exact same car that Douglas is driving. Watch the Silent Hill 3 cutscene where Douglas and Heather are in his car and compare it with the one in front of Jack's Inn. They are the exact same car. Proof enough? Remember how Douglas said he has traveled to Silent Hill before and was looking for someone. He didn't say when that was. It could have been just a few weeks, probably the same time James went missing and Douglas quickly traveled to Silent Hill before James even went there himself. Who knows, maybe Doulglas was looking for Eddie Dombrowski. He was in deep trouble with the law and Douglas is a detective, so we really don't know. This is how Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 are connected. This is all the proof I have. I have never played Silent Hill 4 or Silent Hill 5. The only thing I know about Silent Hill 5 is that the main characters name is Alex Shepard, the same last name as Mary's before she married James in Silent Hill 2 making them connected. Plus I heard Silent Hill 2 is connected to Silent Hill 4 because of Walter Sullivan and all the clues provided with Frank Sunderland(James's father). Here's my timeline:

Silent Hill Origins- 1979
Silent Hill- 1986
Silent Hill 2- 2003
Silent Hill 3- 2003

There will always be skeptics out there, but Silent Hill is whatever you want it to be and that's why I love this game series. It really makes you think. So even if you don't believe my predictions of the Silent Hill timeline. Believe what you may wish. I am one person but everyone here has a right to my opinion. Please tell me what you think about this possibility and tell me if it sounds good or not.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I'm a skeptic and I know for a fact Silent Hill 4: The Room happens in 2001 and I also know Silent Hill 3 doesn't happen after it.

Your argument doesn't make much sense, otherwise: James and Heather just "miss" each other? The hospitals are different, w/ different contents and computers and security cameras, &c.

You should read topic #64.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Plus, we also know that Silent Hill 2 happens in 1994, because of the calendar in Amy Baldwin's bedroom. The next possible recurrence of that calendar+10 years would have Silent Hill 2 happening in the year 2000, and that creates a strong incompatibility with the known series of events as detailed in The Room, and would also require it to have taken place years after Silent Hill 3.
Naughty Nurses
Gravedigger

Post by Naughty Nurses »

How the hell can you tell what time of day it is in SH? I don't get it.
Silent Hill Fan 888
Just Passing Through

I would like to thank MMY for the information on the timeline of Silent Hill. My predictions were only off of the games I played, Silent Hill Origins, Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2, and Silent Hill 3. Your timeline is very accurate, how long did it take to find all the information?
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Naughty Nurses wrote:How the hell can you tell what time of day it is in SH? I don't get it.
In both Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, you can clearly see the onset of evening. The outside fog takes on a sunset hue before the hospital (for James) and after (for Heather).
Naughty Nurses
Gravedigger

Post by Naughty Nurses »

Huh. I never noticed this. I need to start paying more attention, I guess. :\
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Silent Hill 4: The Room clearly depicts the day's progression into night as well.

>how long did it take to find all the information?
I honestly don't know. Determining the games' time between each only took a solid day's research. Afterward, the finishing—and ongoing—touches, much more time. The first "draft" was completed back in 2004ish, and has undergone minute changes since then.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Silent Hill Fan 888
Just Passing Through

Silent Hill 3, you can clearly see the onset of evening. The outside fog takes on a sunset hue before the hospital (for James) and after (for Heather).
It also tells you that is 4:00PM in the cutscene where Heather finds the "Seal of Metatron" on the floor in the room she wakes up in. Look closely at the clock in the room. I just noticed that today while playing.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

If SH1 takes place in the eighties, how does Harry have a LED flashlight?
Last edited by simeonalo on 27 Dec 2009, edited 1 time in total.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Who wrote, "most of the games take place in the Eighty's [sic]"? Only one of them does: Silent Hill.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Silent Hill Fan 888
Just Passing Through

Who wrote, "most of the games take place in the Eighty's [sic]"?
It can't take place in the 80's. Because we know for sure that Silent Hill 3 happens very shortly after Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 4 happens very shortly ater Silent Hill 3. If Silent Hill 2 were to happen in, oh lets say 1980, then Silent Hill 3 would take place in 1983, which means Silent Hill would happen in 1966. That would then make the events of Origins in 1959. That doesn't seem right. 1959 was the year Helen Grady attempts suicide and Travis is only a kid. If Silent Hill 2 did happen in the 80's, then Travis was a kid when he went through his events which we know he is not. But hey, Silent Hill is whatever you want it to be, you can believe what you wish. :D
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

But hey, Silent Hill is whatever you want it to be, you can believe what you wish.
This isn't close to even being remotely true, and I really wish people would stop spreading it around.

SH1 is the only game that takes place in the 80's.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Okay, I got it. But how does Harry have that technology, then? I mean, LED was pretty rare in the eighties.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Not that rare. You could still find flashlights being sold in retail stores. Plus, keep in mind Harry finds the flashlight. He didn't bring it with him.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
DarkReign27
Subway Guard

Post by DarkReign27 »

Silent Hill 2, hmmm well there was a long discussion on here years ago stating the clothing that the characters were wearing and the vehicles were early 90s or late 80s and some said late 70s which i saw 70s in the cars and clothing look at Eddy and Mary. Like Jame's Jacket being an 80s or 70s coat or something so I'd see it happening around the same time or around when 1 took place which looked 1980s to me. 3 was supposedly our time and they subtracted 2003 (the game's year) from 1985 to get 18 matches her age it's her birthday in the game so she's 18 when the game ends. Which makes 1 around 1985 when she's born, makes more sense. SH 4 was the year it came out the cars look newer so does the clothing and styles. Just my thought on it and the old posts I saw before.
Last edited by DarkReign27 on 28 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.

"Cheryl ? Is that Cheryl !?"
|
SH Tributes Part 0 to 5 at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DarkR27
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

And why do we assume it's an LED flashlight again? Could someone humor me on this?
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>3 was supposedly our time and they subtracted 2003
Silent Hill 3 happens in 1997. Silent Hill 4: The Room was in 2001.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
DarkReign27
Subway Guard

Post by DarkReign27 »

Interesting, none the less with the years. But I remember 2 was said to maybe before 1 even but don't remember much more about it went by their clothing and cars.
Last edited by DarkReign27 on 28 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.

"Cheryl ? Is that Cheryl !?"
|
SH Tributes Part 0 to 5 at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DarkR27
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Read Topic #64.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.