Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 17 Oct 2017

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Action level extreme

Missing since: 28 Dec 2009
Notes left: 73
Last seen at: Escalon, CA
I'm thinking about seeing how far I can get on the action level extreme levels 1-10. How far have you guys gotten and could you give me some good survival pointers to help me with it ? Ty

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3531
I've gotten to 7, so hard. I find the extreme levels tedious and time consuming, if you already know the whole story you shouldn't play it on Extreme levels.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Jul 2009
Notes left: 174
Last seen at: Beyond time
It's hard even with all the extra weapon,althought if you want 10 stars you mustn't use them.If you planing on playing extreme be sure to turn off the radio so that enemies wont hear you and use the light just when you need it.Other than that i don't know what else could i say.finish the game few times on normal just so that you know in advance where to expect enemies and good luck.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Oct 2009
Notes left: 101
Last seen at: The LOLiverse
The main problem I have is the motivation.I mean,repeatly playing the same game so quick (I´m now at the end of extreme 8 ).
One tip from me would be,that you try to unlock the machine gun with infinitife ammunition and then going on the rampage (this will obviously kill your chances to gain 10 big ranking stars at the end).
Another one is:
Use your health drinks,first aid kits and ampules only if you REALLY,REALLY need it.
A good thing is,nearly nothing can one-hit kill you,even with a low lifebar,you ´ll fall down to the last lifepoint,then youre going down.(So,if you have 32 lifepoints for example,and something hits you and you would lose 40,you fall the 1 point,see?^^)
The best situation would be if you have still all health drinks and some FAK while battling the endboss (It´s possible,my best run was with 23 health drinks,2 fak´s and 2 ampules).
I would suggest you to have a decent amount of medicine,just because the last boss can horribly kick your arse.
These are just some general tips,but I´ve more for other situation,so just ask if you need some :)

Edit:Don´t forget to turn the ammunition multiplyer on 5x ,then the shotgun will be your best friend ;D

(>^_^)>
<(^_^<)
(>^_^)>

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Dec 2009
Notes left: 73
Last seen at: Escalon, CA
Thank you guys so far :D but how do I get the ammo multiplier

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Nov 2009
Notes left: 791
Last seen at: Lakeview hotel, Observation room
Well, I believe you get the Ammo multiplier in a new+ game, and it would be in the extra option menu. So that doesnt really help you unfortunatly :(

Though im sure you'll do alright without the multiplier anyway :mrgreen:

Unless im of course, horrible wrong about the multiplier

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3531
adm1r wrote:
It's hard even with all the extra weapon,althought if you want 10 stars you mustn't use them.If you planing on playing extreme be sure to turn off the radio so that enemies wont hear you and use the light just when you need it.Other than that i don't know what else could i say.finish the game few times on normal just so that you know in advance where to expect enemies and good luck.

The enemies don't hear you if you have the radio on.

Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2007
Notes left: 5077
I'm still on Extreme 1, which I'm playing without weapons (aside from bosses and situations I can't get around, such as the Insane Cancer on the subway). Currently just entered the Hilltop Center, and I'm obviously in no hurry since I technically started this game a few months ago. The whole idea was to test out Shattered Memories's flight gameplay... I chose Extreme 'cuz I didn't wanna fuck around. :P

For starters, doing it this way does make the game quite a bit more terrifying. Of course, it's really not that big of a change from me playing with weapons, since I went with a straight New Game (no extra weapons, no bullet adjust) and I'd have nowhere near enough ammo to take care of the powerful monsters being thrown at me. I have been trying to take this as an opportunity to learn blocking, since it's so incredibly effective in reducing damage.

When I get to Daisy Villa, I might upgrade Heather to the Stun Gun (which I've never, ever used previously), which is non-lethal, to give her an extra option for nurses. I also intend to experiment with using the perfume to draw the nurses into melee range in the hopes that they won't shoot me. Really, playing this way is giving me an opportunity to use game options that I usually ignore in favor of direct damage. Should be interesting.

Actually, the same philosophy is leading me to play Final Fantasy X with no Sphere Grid, just so I can get more use out of the gameplay options I ignored in favor of direct damage (such as Rikku's Mix, training Aeons, or Ronso Rage).

Post subject:

run alot, watch your corner you'll be fine

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 May 2008
Notes left: 1538
Last seen at: Right behind you
Enemies have NEVER heard the radio in ANY of the SH games.

=====================================================

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Jul 2009
Notes left: 174
Last seen at: Beyond time
simeonalo wrote:
adm1r wrote:

The enemies don't hear you if you have the radio on.

Don't blame me,blame the guy whos faq i've read and to be honest it was kinda confortable with the fact that they can't hear me with the radio turned off because i've had little more courage too face the enemies :)

cheers

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2006
Notes left: 573
Last seen at: Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
Run, then run faster. That´s my motto when playing on extreme.

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/2 ... ef=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Sep 2009
Notes left: 491
Kenji wrote:
I'm still on Extreme 1, which I'm playing without weapons (aside from bosses and situations I can't get around, such as the Insane Cancer on the subway).

Sorry, just felt need the need to note I'm almost 100% certain I had no problem getting him off those steps and running past him without firing a single shot, since Insane Cancers are dumb and stupid. Then again I've never been crazy enough to play on the extreme difficulties, so maybe I'm full of crap lol.

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
It's not that you're full of crap, it's just that your post bears no relevance to the situation. Kenji is on Extreme 1. You never played SH3 on Extreme levels. Clearly both of your situations are going to vary and your easy pass of the Insane Cancer won't count here ;)

Post subject:

Falconv1.0 wrote:
Kenji wrote:
I'm still on Extreme 1, which I'm playing without weapons (aside from bosses and situations I can't get around, such as the Insane Cancer on the subway).

Sorry, just felt need the need to note I'm almost 100% certain I had no problem getting him off those steps and running past him without firing a single shot, since Insane Cancers are dumb and stupid. Then again I've never been crazy enough to play on the extreme difficulties, so maybe I'm full of crap lol.

I think you misunderstood me. The one in the subway station was easy to get past (he never even got up 'cuz Heather sneaked past). The one inside the subway itself wasn't. :)

Or, rather, I looked at it lying across the entire width of the car and thought to myself, "I'm not sneaking past that, am I?"

It wasn't so much that I was gonna get hit, but that I was probably gonna end up pushing it (thanks to the collision detection) all the way back, while trying to block its attacks, until it was against the door I needed to escape through. I had a similar situation in the mall, when I had to push a Numb Body that was behind the counter of a bar/cafe. Thankfully, there was enough space to get to the door in that situation... stuff like that reminds me that SH3 really isn't designed for this kind of gameplay. :P

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 May 2009
Notes left: 39
Been skillfull with covering. We need practice for covering, but it helps a lot.

Post subject:

Oh yeah, definitely. Blocking is the difference between SH3 being brutally hard or incredibly easy, since it takes off anywhere between 90 (unarmed) and 95% of the damage... and I don't think that's even factoring in the bulletproof vest.

I have a bit of difficulty doing it, so I need to dedicate some time to practicing the timing.