The Noises of Silent Hill 3

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

The creepiest sound I can remember from the top of my head was in the construction site when you enter the bathroom and you hear footsteps from above you. That shit made me too scared to leave the bathroom for about 5 minutes. :mrgreen:
^^
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

Does anybody know what the Borley Haunted Mansion's red light actually is? And what is the reason for the creepy tour guide? Is it a manifestation?
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

Mabey it represents Heathers fear of red lights and creepy tour guides.
^^
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

I could still see my brother looking at me

Brother: D-did you hear that?
Me: yeah, what was that?

XD
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Re: The Noises of Silent Hill 3

Post by Fevered Dream »

Sorry for being a big 'ol necromancer, but as far as I'm concerned this thread is still relevant even though its around a year old....anyway....

I just started playing SH3 today again after God knows how long, and there are a few sounds that really got to me. So the first one that freaked the hell out of me is the loud demon dog growling you hear in the room on the 3rd floor of the mall right before the moon door as if there is actually I large demon dog lurking around in there.

Next, still in the mall, in the big room with the big ladder leading down to the boss, there are these weird metallic sounds echoing through the room that are extremely offputting but create an excellent creepy atmosphere there. Sometimes I would purposely linger in there just to listen to the "music" or whatever you want to call those noises.

And how about that weird freaky distorted moaning in that long hallway after you kill those flies?

And then there's the subway. I thought I was relatively fine until I started hearing that loud lion's growling that lasts however long. After that, I had to call it quits for a bit because I was far too freaked out.

I can't wait to revisit some of the other weird sounds that have been listed in this thread. The only one I truly remember from before is the mannequins creaming...but that's probably because I played the game with the volume down very low the last time I played SH3. You can't blame though since I was much younger and much more easily disturbed, not that I'm still not easily disturbed now.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

Silent Hill is full of creepy noises. That's what makes most of the game scary. It's weird because you hear something, and you think "I shouldn't be surprised", but at the same time, every time I play the game, I get startled by certain sounds.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

All the sounds get to you one time or another, one time I turned the volume up to hear every sound and it still creeps me out hearing them.

SH3 is the best in scary noises and background noises.
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
DarkReign27
Subway Guard

Post by DarkReign27 »

A lot of the sounds in the game are so weird random crashing really gets ya thinking in yer mind what they could of actually been if they showed what were making them, just to make ya jump when everything's quiet hesitate and think to yer self, am I safe? I like how they even put some in that you miss unless yer like glued to the game non stop or play it a bazillion times.
I extracted every sound effect almost from the game that are in game sounds not cut-scenes and there are sounds though I never have heard and I doubt they are actually in the game. Most of the ones (although they're are other ones I don't remember hearing) are spoken words by a woman and man that are Japanese (I think it is it's not English), I don't understand Japanese I wish I knew what they were saying! I'm ready to send them to anyone who thinks they can decipher them because I've always wondered what they are saying for years I'm tired of wondering don't know anyone that speaks Japanese :( The girl is not Heather I don't think, higher pitched voice, and the man is very deep and weird sounding. I also extracted the sounds from the SH2 and got the prison monster's words he says but I don't understand them either reversed and sped them up he isn't English either but he might be a fake language. Sorry if this isn't a good place to post this I dunno.

"Cheryl ? Is that Cheryl !?"
|
SH Tributes Part 0 to 5 at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DarkR27