The Noises of Silent Hill 3

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Starr
Just Passing Through

The Noises of Silent Hill 3

Post by Starr »

I checked to see if this thread was already posted in the quick links, and it's not!

After playing this game for years, I've realized that there are numerous random sounds that can easily scare me or make me feel nervous.

Noises in particular:

Stomping noises in the room where you need to use the tongs at to get the key.

In the Alternate Mall, where you go to the room where the save is and where the ampoules are, there's some sort of noise like something's being rolled or tossed at.

In the Alternate Mall, in the room when you get the hanger and bulletproof vest, go to the back door and you'll hear a banging sound. (This one made me jump)

The locker room in the Underpass with the maul in it, if you examine the bloody locker you hear some mumble noise. I went WTF at this one.

In the Underpass, you go down a really long hallway, and once your halfway through, you hear some distorted moaning noise...

In the hallway, after the long hallway, you hear some metal banging noises coming from nowhere. (This one scared me good)

After you drain all the water out in the machine room, go down the ladder, and go to a bloody spot on the wall and you'll hear a brief whisper.

When you get to the sewers part (the one you come to after you kill the sewer monster), when running down the way you hear a yell of some sort.

There is weird sound effects when you go down the stairwell after you come from the sewers, and the final room of the sewers.

In the construction building, when going up the stairs you hear another metal bang noise. (This one scared me the most especially cause I had the volume high)

In the room, right after the stairwell, you hear some stomping noises.

In the room with the big hole and the mattress, there's a slight noise when you get near the hole. (Better with headphones)

Some sort of beat going in the final room of the building????

Obviously the mannequin room and the scream.

And The Tu Fui Ego Eris room.

In The Hospital Basement, there's a slight stomping sound when you get to the elevator. (Wait till the wheelchair's wheel stops spinning so you'll hear it more easily)

Stomping noises in the fortune teller's house at the amusement park.

It would be awesome if someone could explain the significance of all these noises, lol =P But who knows?

So, what is the noise that scared you the most? And I'm probably missing a few noises but...oh well.
adm1r
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by adm1r »

I noticed most of the noises you wrote and yes,some of them really scared me.Most disturbing thing for me was part after the church and
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
crying that you can hear
.It just disturbed me like nothing else.And one more thing...
following bloody footsteps was creepy
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

The crying and the footsteps in the amusement park were the only ones I noticed.
Haoie
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Haoie »

Good list.

Only a few really stand out, though.
If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
Marbas
Just Passing Through

Post by Marbas »

That god damn roaring in the train station. It's not really a random noise as it's always around. But the thing always always always puts me on edge. It's one of the few things in a video game that can still actually unnerve me.

I also remember there was this hallway in the sewers you could go down, and I think it was a dead end. Anyways, whenever you reached or got near the dead end, there'd be either footsteps or a drum beat. It always sounded like a drum beat to me.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

I find the heavy breathing of the ghost, before it shoves you onto the tracks, to be quite creepy.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
memoryofangela
Just Passing Through

Post by memoryofangela »

in the hospitle you hear alot of stuff and when it's not alter you can hear like this screaming
screaming in 2 floor m6 way
heavens night. mama were's my mama????
Starr
Just Passing Through

Post by Starr »

I was there yesterday playing this, and I didn't hear the scream. You sure it wasn't a nurse or something?
Kerrigan
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: The Noises of Silent Hill 3

Post by Kerrigan »

Starr wrote: So, what is the noise that scared you the most? And I'm probably missing a few noises but...oh well.
More than a few, and there's even more unused noises in the data; but my all time favorite, like mentioned before, is the growling/roaring in the station yard. It'll play after you've passed through the turnstiles and, instead of heading directly north, you bang a left or a right and approach a staircase; it's like a minute long, incessant, deep growling.
Starr
Just Passing Through

Post by Starr »

Yeah, I completely forgot the growling. That's probably the noise that scared me the most when I first played this....*shivers*

But anyways, more sounds I've found:

In the "Dream" part of a New Game, when you walk along the rollercoaster, you hear a weird shriek of some sort and maybe like a dog growling and barking too?

In the Nightmare Hall, in the hallway where the fans are, when you run down it, you hear an incredibly weird moan.

In the Subway, right after the scene of the train comes, go to the gate which will lead you to an area you're suppose to go in, go upstairs, and go UP the other stairs, turn right, and when you see the first HALLWAY, go down it, enter a door, and turn left and you'll hear one of the phones ring. (I don't know what she says when you examine cause a monster came at me way too fast lol)

After the pointless narrow and long hallway in the underpass, go straight instead of right, and you'll hear a high pitched shriek.

In The Nightmare Office Building, when you exit the elevator on the 3F, you hear a weird sound.

When going up the stairs in the Normal Hospital to the 3F or the Roof, you hear a distant boom sound.

Nightmare Hospital, B3, go to the body with Number 7 on it and you'll hear Stanley whisper "Heather..."

In the Church, in the room where all the dead bodies are, you can hear a slight noise.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

All the sounds were very creepy to hear!
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
adjasin
Just Passing Through

Post by adjasin »

when we hear the cries, at the moment that we watch valtiel on the long hallway turning the valves, with the hanging girls above him, it makes an anguish feeling at the first moment I get really stunned :shock:
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

i liked the one in the basement of the nightmaer hospital bed #7, if you have the volume up high enough you can hear gagging, gasping and sighing sounds from it
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: The Noises of Silent Hill 3

Post by Doo-glas »

Starr wrote:After you drain all the water out in the machine room, go down the ladder, and go to a bloody spot on the wall and you'll hear a brief whisper..
oh my goodness, I've played Silent Hill 3 over a dozen times and I don't think I ever noticed that (unless I'm just not remembering it)

anyway call me crazy, but could some of the stomping sounds perhaps be valtiel sneaking around?
Last edited by Doo-glas on 22 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

cascade88 wrote:I find the heavy breathing of the ghost, before it shoves you onto the tracks, to be quite creepy.
^This and i know your talking about sound effects more but the sounds the slurpers make are just disturbing.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

i hat eth subway level with that ghost in it, creepy and i always have to stay away from it!
puppett
Just Passing Through

Post by puppett »

Aric - The Reaper wrote:i hat eth subway level with that ghost in it, creepy and i always have to stay away from it!
Same, I always try my best to aviod that part.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

it's one of the parts of the game i hate the most! everything about SH3 creeps me out sometimes, but that ghost does me in
puppett
Just Passing Through

Post by puppett »

The first time I saw the ghost scene I was cautious every night about what's behind me haha,
SH3 is one of the more creepier Silent hill games.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

i agree with you, i know to never to to a subway