Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 21 Sep 2018

Post subject: SH 1 and 3

I completed SH3 some time ago and I managed to figure out the story line connection between the 1 and 3 games. The obvious ones but there are some other things that i don't get like who is Alessa and what is really up with the town. So if someone could explain the storyline connection that would be apreciated.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
"Like who Alessa is.."

Have you even played the first game? It would be helpful and more beneficial for you if you played it and the third one back to back instead of having someone answer it for you. That way you can determine for yourself what happened.

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jul 2003
Notes left: 2368
Hmm...

Actually, I don't even believe that you need to play the original to understand who Alessa is. Heather pretty much summarizes who she is in the scene where she's heading to Silent Hill with Douglas. Alessa was a girl who was born with extraordinary powers, and her mother, Dahlia tried to use her to birth a god.

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
Well, since he played three (and I think he played one?) and still asks about Alessa I thought maybe playing it again might answer that. *shrug* Eh, well. And the thing about the town is kind of something one person makes up their own mind about.. The information in the game can be taken and spun into whatever idea you'd like it to be.

Silent Hill's a town with a lot of blood on its hands, and the Order managed to tap into it, as shown in the events of the first game. Whether or not this "otherside" to the town already existed before their meddling is up to speculation. Silent Hill is known for being weird and having odd things occur - people disappearing, strange sightings, spooky whatnots and whathaveyous. You may have to be more specific with your question, though.

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jul 2003
Notes left: 2368
Ah. I wasn't trying to imply that your suggestion was unhelpful or anything. I was merely telling ecri that he could probably understand who Alessa is through that one scene without having to resort to the original. He may as well follow your suggestion to play the original if he wishes to delve further.

Nevertheless, I agree. The question was rather vague and it would help to be a little more specific.

Post subject:

Ya, shortly after I created this thread i found another one explaining what I was looking for lol.