[Evidence] Vincent was not joking on the monster thing...

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I never cared that much about what Vincent said. During my first playthrough, I just thought he was going insane and rambling stuff as usual. His personality just isnt quite convincing to me.

>I'd certainly like an explanation for how the Split Worm was human.
Someone with a huge cock who got their scrotum split.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Damn you Ryan, your theory is so much more obligable than mine. :P
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

@AITT, I LOL'd. No joke.
Someone with a huge cock who got their scrotum split.
So now it's a disembodied penis?
Also, he talks about her somewhat specifically on the Church (You're the worst person in this room / You come here and enjoy spilling their blood).
Again, though, can't this also apply if Vincent sees the monsters as things of beauty/worship instead of as evil monsters?
DarthVasilius
Just Passing Through

Post by DarthVasilius »

Vincent's world is full of blood and violence for sure. But looks like he is OK with this. He is a sadist, my opinion. Remember his expression when he talk about "spilling their blood and listening to them cry out".
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

No. It's not my fault if you took my post serious.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

DarthVasilius wrote:Vincent's world is full of blood and violence for sure. But looks like he is OK with this. He is a sadist, my opinion. Remember his expression when he talk about "spilling their blood and listening to them cry out".
I think he was ok with it at first, but later in the game when he confronts claudia, he wanted no part of it....i think he felt threatned when he was seeing that he wasn't going to have as much control over the church as he thought he would with the birth of the order's so called god.
dragonflydusk
Just Passing Through

Re: [Evidence] Vincent was not joking on the monster thing..

Post by dragonflydusk »

AuraTwilight wrote:Not to mention that pretty much none of the other monsters have any sort of human shape. I'd certainly like an explanation for how the Split Worm was human.
Maybe the split worm was the police force combined in to one coming to take down the chick shooting up the mall shoppers!

…But on a serious note, my initial reaction to Vincent’s remark was that it regarded all the monsters, but after really thinking about it I really only believe it has to do with the Missionaries and the Scrapers.
Also, he talks about her somewhat specifically on the Church (You're the worst person in this room / You come here and enjoy spilling their blood).
I’ve kind of taken the rest of the monsters to be representative of different personal or innate fears.
dr bones
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dr bones »

Vincent is a creepy, shady little guy. I think he was deliberately trying to fuck with Heather's emotions, and he seems to get some kind of sick thrill off her reaction. If it's not that, then I'm gonna go with the idea that he looks at the manifestations as something more divine than just "monsters", as an influence of his beliefs.

Here's what I don't get (regarding something brought up much earlier in this thread)....

...If the Closer and it's "victim" at the beginning were supposed to be real people fucking in the middle of a store, why is it the real person who became a Closer was transfigured into a monster, while the woman stayed a human?

By the way, I gotta say that theory seems based completely on guesswork and is kind of ridiculous.
"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame."
"The lies and the mist are not they but I. You all know that I am One. Yes, and the One is I."
SHF

Re:

Post by SHF »

alone in the town wrote:Heather's already in the Otherworld by this point, so there's no way to factor in real people.

Plus, having sex in the middle of a mall store during business hours? Really?

btw: I don't think spoiler tags are really necessary when covering events taking place three minutes from the start of the game. ;/
Its the sound of the closer eating the dead body.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

I always wondered what the mumbling in that store from the outside was too. I felt relieved for a minute before going in because it sounded like two people talking normally, but then I went in and....then it went all down hill.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
Dependence
Just Passing Through

Post by Dependence »

Well I'm a bit late on posting (sorry.) but the way I see it, the monsters arn't people in disguise (except the Scrapers and such). All the mumbling you hear before the closer in the store is just her imagination. If the god in her belly is strong enough to make everyone look like monsters, who's to say it can't lure her into dangerous situations by making her hear voices in the next room?

Sure it could end up killing its "host", but it would probobly just make Heather more angry, kill more stuff, and in turn- make it stronger... Or am I missing something vital?
"Hold me close," cooed the dove.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

Yes. I don't believe he was joking. It's my opinion he said it was a joke as to not distract Heather and make her question everything she's been doing this late into her mission.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
CreEPy pAYPhonE
Just Passing Through

Post by CreEPy pAYPhonE »

Regarding all of the sex talk: I, for one, find this idea somewhat. . . .Prepostrous. Well, maybe that isn't the right word because that sort of implies that it's an idiotic theory but it isn't as evidenced
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
by the ending where Heather clips Douglas.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
But if this were the case, than how do you explain the big-ass worm in the mall. Or how about the Pendulems, are those little people flying around on jetpacks or something?
Besides it doesn't sound anything like people having crazy-mad pig sex, it's too tame. I mean come on, what the hell are they doing? Talking about their phone bill while he throws her to the ground?
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I always thought maybe Vincent was referring to the Cult when she asked about the monsters. We do know that the Cultists are represented as monsters to Heather in Silent Hill 3 (ex. The Missionary boss and the Scraper enemies). I don't think the other monsters are people. I think they are created only as manifestations of Alessa's fears, and other symbolic things. That's all. No human about it. The reason Vincent said it was 'just a joke' is because Heather looked absolutely horrified at the thought that she could be killing human beings, and he wanted to prevent her from stopping her task of destroying God because he, too, wants God to be destroyed. He seeks the luxuries of life on Earth and doesn't want that stopped by God. So, in order to keep that plan secure, Heather must fulfill her purpose.

Edit: Yeah, pretty much what Doctor Eggnog said about Heather and her mission.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

As Heather enters the main hall you hear a mumbling of a high pitched voice and another lower one.. You hear it until the moment you enter the shop. As you enter you see the Closer on top of the woman. Now, besides the fact you hear the voices again later after the cutscene (if you get close to the shutter), how is it possible that the two of them are doing it inside if the second before you see them you hear them mumbling? I'm shure that during sex they didn't have a chat like: "So I picked up my clothes at the dry cleaner's this morning. How was your day?" "Fine, fine.. Like usual.. Mmm.. Do you rather prefer doggy style than this.. or?".
+ during the whole cutscene you see her pointing the gun at the closer and shooting it.. keeping the whole time the gun in a high position.. if the lady was lying on the floor = not possible.
Aerith Gainsborough

I never thought anyone was having sex during that scene. I did notice the sound of talking, though sometimes I thought it strangely sounded like carnival music. I think the sounds of talking may represent how life is going on normally inside the mall apart from what Heather is experiencing.
CreEPy pAYPhonE
Just Passing Through

I believe that is a far more plausible explanation. I had never really thought of it before this thread (I always just assumed it was some kind of ghosts or something) but your theory is by far the most likely.
Man, you're like . . . .A genius or smoething 8D
Aerith Gainsborough

Whose theory? (Assuming not mine).
CreEPy pAYPhonE
Just Passing Through

Your theory. . . .Or whomever originally thought up the theory that you just spoke about. . . .