[Evidence] Vincent was not joking on the monster thing...

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Kerrigan
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kerrigan »

I'm sure if somebody played with the field of vision hack it'd show up a little better. Also, you could get a higher quality screenshot and clean it up a little to reveal the crown of the head—the details match up with Angela's crown pretty well.

EDIT Here's a comparison shot.

There's really no way to make the screenshot on the right pretty because of the visual effects as the scene begins, but you can make out Angela's head a little bit better.

I'm sure if somebody tinkered with the FOV hack, you'd just see Angela's disembodied head floating there.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Interesting.

I wouldn't take much stock in it, though. The fact the designers already reused a model once, inexplicably, indicates to me there isn't any significance to it being used twice.

Good eye, though.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
DarthVasilius
Just Passing Through

Post by DarthVasilius »

I've known about this already and I don't think this head means something. Without hacks you can't say who is the owner of the head. But there is something else. This head has been modified, it's not the same head as in Silent Hill 2. Thanks to keen eye of one russian fan:
UFO? Mira?
Kerrigan
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kerrigan »

Haha! Yeah, I knew for a while too, I thought it was old news. However, I never noticed that little piece by the ear. It's a little odd because that was something that was never meant to be seen; similar to the cables on Harry's VCR. Neat-o!

But anyway the point I was trying to make was that there was at least one other person around. I feel like the designers threw this head in the restaurant to help give the idea that the mall was indeed populated up until we assume control of Heather. That and everything we hear going on in the mall up until the point where stuff goes down.

However, that's just purely what I'm thinking.
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

But anyway the point I was trying to make was that there was at least one other person around. I feel like the designers threw this head in the restaurant to help give the idea that the mall was indeed populated up until we assume control of Heather. That and everything we hear going on in the mall up until the point where stuff goes down.
This. I don't think the model itself has any significance, because if it did we would be shown more of it than what we were. Instead, I believe it's just a way to show the mall was populated, along with (if I remember correctly) the voices we hear.
Bowl Cat XL
Just Passing Through
Location: Otherworld boiler room, slipping through those frustrating bars

Post by Bowl Cat XL »

I still think Vincent meant he idolizes or worships the monsters, but that's just my opinion. Although, the mumbling could have been the monster chowin' down on the dead body. I don't think this is concrete evidence, but I'd accept it as a pretty solid theory. The idea of Heather walking in on two people dry humping each other in a store at the mall, and then killing them because of the otherworld just seems a bit outlandish is all.
Mechanical tender love
Plug in socket wonder drug
Electric action animal grind
Thudthudthud clocks the time
DarthVasilius
Just Passing Through

Post by DarthVasilius »

Yuki wrote: along with (if I remember correctly) the voices we hear.
Yes, you can hear voices just before the cut-scene with closer. Just like crowd's sound in a cafe during the first cut-scene in real world.
But there is something else. Heather finds a gun. It's not fully charged. What is that thing? Is it an illusion like Great Knife or healthdrinks? Can it be a real gun? If it is so, where is the rest of the bullets from the charger?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It probably just manifested, like just about everything else. They're not illusions, but manifestations. Besides, why would a gun be there otherwise?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
DarthVasilius
Just Passing Through

Post by DarthVasilius »

If the monsters is human beings indeed, Heather shot a security guard. ^___^
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

alone in the town wrote:I'm quite sure that's what I just did. ;D
I actually meant to explain, because I don't want to make the same mistake in the future if I'm wrong.

And people-I was joking about me having sex in Toys R' Us
choic
Just Passing Through

Post by choic »

DarthVasilius wrote:If the monsters is human beings indeed, Heather shot a security guard. ^___^
maybe it's the one from Shattered Memories!!!
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

AuraTwilight wrote:It probably just manifested, like just about everything else. They're not illusions, but manifestations. Besides, why would a gun be there otherwise?
There's a higher chance of a gun being in a shopping store (for security) than being randomly thrown in random locations, like SH2's handgun and such. In fact, I think the only realistic weapons that could be given in a real situation of SH3 would be the pocket knife and the pipe (also the gun).
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Alright, so why is a gun right there on the floor of a clothes store totally unattended, presumably while two people are totally ripping into each other with the act of coitus?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

I've always thought that the voices you hear where simply "echoes" of people in the "real world"

like meanwhile in the real world the mall is completely populated and you can briefly faintly hear them before plunged into THE HORROR :shock:
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>so why is a gun right there on the floor of a clothes store totally unattended
Is it unattended? There's a woman getting her face eaten by a monster less than ten feet away. It seems to me the gun belonged to her . . . but the Closer won.

Remember: Other people get wrapped up in the Otherworld, too.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well apparently the bitch threw the gun or something because it's like seven feet away from her.
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

The Adversary wrote:>so why is a gun right there on the floor of a clothes store totally unattended
Is it unattended? There's a woman getting her face eaten by a monster less than ten feet away. It seems to me the gun belonged to her . . . but the Closer won.
Agreed. I always assumed it was her gun as well.
Maybe she dropped it while having her face eaten. I would probably do the same thing...
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>apparently the bitch threw the gun or something<
It's almost as if she was attacked and didn't just stand in the middle of the room waiting to die! like, maybe, just maybe, she tried to get away from it! Holy fuck.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

AuraTwilight wrote:Alright, so why is a gun right there on the floor of a clothes store totally unattended, presumably while two people are totally ripping into each other with the act of coitus?
I don't mean to stretch it too far, but I think that the Closer was the Security Guard, with the worker being the body on the ground. The guard might have strewn his clothes and supplies on the floor.
DarthVasilius
Just Passing Through

Post by DarthVasilius »

like SH2's handgun
I don't think it was random location. You can see bullet holes all over the walls, thousands of them. And that shopping trolley. How about Eddie trying to kill mockingly laughing faces at the walls?