That gruesome part in the opening scene...

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Subsistence
Just Passing Through

Post by Subsistence »

Yeah, I got to believe it to be some type of rape or something. Much like PH. Konami LOVES LOVES LOVES sexual refernces in their games, just look at Metal Gear. Sure its obviously not the same type, but never the less its in most of the games they make.
"What the hell is this? >:| "

- Henry Townsend
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

That's true, but I believe that Team Silent drastically emphasized rape because of the many sexual-frustrations that our character's face ;)
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

o.O Why is everyone here so rape-minded? It really makes me wonder about you, seeing that you see these things where they don't exist.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
mimee
Just Passing Through

Post by mimee »

:p i played this game like a year and a half ago - and watching that video just refreshed my mind on the HUGE monsters roaming the mall - the first time i saw those.. I seriously was close to turn off the game haha.. they are really scary.

And the thing he speaks of - I saw the video twice on that part and I think its 2 monsters eating a woman's torso -chest. I could be wrong but thats what it seems IMO.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Well, I think it is most definitely the Fukuro Lady, and it looks like a Numb Body type monster is on top of her. It kind of reminds me of the video Fukuro. There's a part where...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
It looks like she is on a Numb Body type monster in a sexual fashion, but it's not certain if it actually is. Maybe they're playing cowboys. :3
I'm not sure, though, I'm just throwing out options.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

Not to be accused of being 'rape minded', but there are a lot of sexual references in the games. The production team were very clear and honest about this in filmed interviews. However, they phrased it that it isn't so much about character frustration being symbolised, but very simply to make it all more disturbing for the player, as psychological studies have shown that associating disgusting things (in this case monsters or gore) with sex triggers all sorts of reactions in us, including even more disgust, to fascination, fear and confusion, leaving us deeply disturbed. That's not to mention the natural psychological connection between sex and death anyways.

*However*, what is also shown in the interviews is that they rarely actually have scenes of rape or sex. Their favourite trick is to create an image or scene which looks sexual, often for only a moment or two, to get that connection and reaction from us, but it is nearly always just a passing view because something else is actually going on...like one monster slaughtering another for instance, with just a second or two of a suggestive position to trigger your mental reactions before returning back to a nice innocent slaughter LOL It's not actually rape or sex, it's just meant to look like it for a second or two to disturb us before carrying on with what is actually taking place.

I have to say, for me, this particular picture seems one of those cases....it has a suggestive feel to give you that 'urgh, that's wrong' moment, but it seems to me to actually be more of a birth....one creature being 'born' from another, and perhaps sacrificing the first for the life of the monster....an echo of Heather's own situation perhaps?
[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/CBminstrel/silent_hill_banner.jpg[/img]
Brahms
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Brahms »

^That's it. Nothing more to add. I'm as "rape-minded" as lyneea.
Corva09_im
Just Passing Through

Post by Corva09_im »

Totally agree with lyneea. Very good thread, what happens in that scene was a question that I've ever had, but it's clear now
Brahms
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Brahms »

I took the pic from the intro, if you want to see that gruesome creature in game...

Click it to enlarge.
dsagent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dsagent »

LeriSuccubus wrote:Image
[/quote]

Thank you I have always wanted someone to post a clear picture of the beast.

Also it could be some random stuff they threw onto a computer in order to make something disturbing. Several parts of it looks like bodies from other monsters.
The meaning of all life, the universe, and the answer to all questions is:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Like I would tell You! MUHAHAHAhahaha!!!!!
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: That gruesome part in the opening scene...

Post by Uyrikeustek »

More of a WTF moment, but not sexual. Just pretty surprising because you're not expecting anything like that. It looks like he's doing something of that nature, that's why it's considered disturbing.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

Uyrikeustek wrote:Just pretty surprising because you're not expecting anything like that.
LOL Really? That's pretty much everything I expect when playing Silent Hill LOL
[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/CBminstrel/silent_hill_banner.jpg[/img]
SHF

Post by SHF »

it looks like the top of valtiels head. hes holding her hands behind his back
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
LeriSuccubus
Just Passing Through

Post by LeriSuccubus »

It's pretty much just the fukuro lady on her beast with some minor changes.

Fukuro

SH3
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
SHF

Post by SHF »

female domination? seriously makes no sense
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]