Tommy Tallarico's review

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Tommy Tallarico's review

Post by Doo-glas »

I was wondering if by any chance any one remembers this

for those that have ever heard of him, Tommy Tallarico is a musician famous for doing the music for several games, including the Earthworm Jim series

he used to have a tv show called Electric Playground hosted by him and some other guy whose name I can't remember, it was a show where they would review video games more or less

well I remember years ago when G4 first merged with Tech TV I saw an episode of EP where they reviewed Silent Hill 3 and Tommy Tallarico hated it, his reason why? because of the sound effect when Heather walks, the constant "clop clopping" sound of her boots drove him nuts

so never mind the story, graphics, characters, gameplay, what have you, he hated the game because of a sound effect

I got so mad that if he had been in the room with me I wouldn't have hesitated to punch him in the face :lol:

but seriously what an absurd reason to hate a game, what did he expect it to be silent as she walked? did he expect the developers to record hundreds of variations of the sound effect of footsteps? it's just footsteps for crying out loud, if that's all he focused on he's a fucking idiot

I can't remember what final score he gave it, but although it's been so long I can't remember much about it, I don't think he was too impressed with Silent Hill 2 either

but what was a horror game he did love? The Suffering, and why? because it contained constant foul language which is his own words "made it scarier"

so yeah, all these years later it still pisses me off when I think about it, I guess I'm bitter, and as you can probably guess I've never been a big fan of him ever since
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

believe it or not I actually managed to find their Silent Hill 2 review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p50UWHqh ... re=related

Tommy Tallarico did in fact like it, but he also mentioned the footstep sound effect lol :lol:
Ghost
Just Passing Through

Post by Ghost »

I'm personally a Tommy Tallarico's fan for his music and videogame initiative on several things (I met him in person when he came to Brazil)

But these opinions on the Silent Hills made me think he should stick to the game music and leave the rest to more competent people.
Father, why have you forsaken me?
choic
Just Passing Through

Post by choic »

hey, some things just make or break the atmosphere for some people. no need to get angry over a stranger's opinion.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

People have no respect for people who have opinions behind the screen.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Harlequin
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Harlequin »

To each his own. It seems a trivial thing to ruin interest in a game, personally, but then again I've stopped playing games for things that were probably as trivial if not more so. At least he enjoyed Silent Hill 2 and didn't let the clop-clop destroy his opinion of the whole series.
LSSJGamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by LSSJGamer »

lol I remember that show. The last time I remember watching it was like... 5 years ago? It wasn't just Silent Hill 3's clop clop squish clop sound but he mentioned another game at some point where he was annoyed by the STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP. lolz at him getting after the other guy for fighting the monsters instead of just running away.
*Insert Legendary signature here*
Eric-3
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Eric-3 »

Electric Playground is still on, although it's switched to a daily news format (as opposed to weekly) that also covers other media like movies, music, and other things that have absolutely nothing to do with video games.

The reviews section was split into a different show called Reviews on the Run years ago, and it's switched to a daily format as well. They spend too much time on Blu-Ray, theater movie, gadget/hardware, and iPhone/iPad reviews...

I kinda stopped watching, since I was only interested in games. Tommy isn't on either show anymore because he's been off on Video Games Live concerts for a few years. Victor Lucas is carrying on without him, with other co-hosts.

He's been annoyed by the footstep sounds in a lot of games.
Ghost
Just Passing Through

Post by Ghost »

Sorry. I apologize. Please, calm down.

Ok some things may incomodate some people.
Father, why have you forsaken me?
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

To be fair, the footstep noises did get grating after a while.
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

I find it odd that people can get so annoyed at footstep noises; the only thing I can possibly think of that would annoy me (barring some ridiculousness like replacing footstep noises with alarms or something) is Teddie's squeak-steps in Persona 4. Other than that, I personally don't really notice footstep sounds in games...
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

haha, would always crack me up how Tommy would be annoyed by silly things like that.

He must have LOVED SH4's burps :lol: