Asking for help

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Re: Asking for help

Post by JuriDawn »

angelwitch wrote:The last one to finish it is a homo!
SHH Forum Guidelines wrote:Free Speech
This is a community and you have freedom of speech, but as a community that freedom is restricted if you're intending to use it for offending purposes, or to simple belittle your fellow members. Remember our credo? Your freedom ends where the other person's freedom starts. For example saying something is "gay" or "jappy" or "stinks of wops" just won't fly here. We don't care if you and your friends say gay, or if you have a bunch of gay friends who don't mind it--somewhere out there, there is a person who DOES mind it, and it's better to be safe than sorry and avoid saying such things. Bottom line, we ask you to use common sense: IF YOU KNOW IT IS OFFENSIVE DO NOT SUBMIT IT. It'll save you a warning from the mods and possible flamefest from the members (and occasional mod).
References to homosexuality as a negative are not funny. They're childish and hateful. Don't ever do this again.

@paladin: If nothing else, the game is worth playing for the sake of completion. Besides, two of my favorite Silent Hill games (The Room and Origins) were initially kind of hard for me to get into for various reasons. Both of those games grew on me by leaps and bounds through subsequent playthroughs as I learned more about the stories and discussed them here. Hopefully something like that will happen for you. :)
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Thanks Juri.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

It has Vincent in it! Twisted, creepy, cool Vincent! LOL
[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/CBminstrel/silent_hill_banner.jpg[/img]
theParsa
Just Passing Through

Post by theParsa »

It's true that Vincent alone is enough reason to play this game.
Also great visuals that give nice add to the already perfect atmosphere.
Nice random sound effects to keep you on the edge.
Cool monster designs (closer, Valtiel, Pendulum).
Nice story that answers a lot of questions about the cult and it's religion.
Nice bonuses after finishing the game (although i haven't acquired many of these).

It's my fav SH.
Is that enough?!? :)
Bowl Cat XL
Just Passing Through
Location: Otherworld boiler room, slipping through those frustrating bars

Post by Bowl Cat XL »

The Otherworld is wonderfully abstract and quaint.
Mechanical tender love
Plug in socket wonder drug
Electric action animal grind
Thudthudthud clocks the time
mimee
Just Passing Through

Post by mimee »

I seriously dont understand why you dislike this game - This game is as good as the other ones so im completely clueless.. The soundtrack and the levels and the graphic improvements from SH2 to SH3 are just GINORMOUS..

Heather is super cool and meeting our new creepy friend robbie which is introduced in this game is epic.
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

I thought SH3 managed to strike a really great balance of feeling like you're returning to your favourite SH places, which any fan wants in a SH game, but also introduced a few other really cool places that remained in keeping. So yeah, I thought it did a fantastic job at the SH part of it. I wasn't wholly keen on the mall part, but even that wasn't bad....I was just jumping up and down in my seat going 'I want to go to Silent Hill now, please!'
[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/CBminstrel/silent_hill_banner.jpg[/img]
Brodie
Just Passing Through

Post by Brodie »

You Can shooT Fu*king lazors out of her eyes
Last edited by Brodie on 22 Jul 2010, edited 1 time in total.
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

But, when all is said and done, you'll never know the reasons why you should play unless you just give it a go and play it yourself ;-)
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

Great weapons, a logical protagonist, deep story, awesome music, creepy as hell environments, Valtiel, consistencies in locations and map use with Silent Hill 2. Oh, and the voice acting for the most part is hilarious. I have no idea why a lot of people seem to not like this game and even consider it the worst. Oh well, everyone has their own opinions.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

Yeah....and who doesn't love giant scary pink frickin rabbits? I've never been able to watch a duracell advert in the same way since playing...
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

Uyrikeustek wrote:a logical protagonist
Debateable.

-Hey Heather, i've got a gun, i can help you.
-Fuck off, pervert!
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

The game has some of the scariest otherworlds the series has ever seen...and that mirror room will always be one of the most memorable scenes from this game.
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

LOL And ironically, I don't remember it. I'll be playing it again soon though, so I'm sure it will jog my memory!
Valiturus
Just Passing Through

Post by Valiturus »

Please tell me you haven't forgotten about SH4. SH3 is simply amazing and for several reasons.

#1 - The story. If you love twisted, psychological thrillers, then this story fits the bill. It leaves you breathless, emotional and stunned at the amount of depth this game.

#2 - The graphics. Just the fact that it adds a "grainy" effect to the graphics is reason enough to want to play this game. The cut-scenes are beautiful and the characters look realistic, all the way down to the way their lips move and the fact that you can notice one character has a lazy eye.

#3 - The SOUNDS. The music scores are one thing to consider. Your ears will thank you, just because of the sheer melancholic yet wondrous feelings the music invokes. The sound effects are noteworthy as well. The ambiance in this game is incredible. The creaks in the floor or the low moan from something in front of you is enough to creep you out and make you want to play more for the sheer curiosity.

Those are just a few reasons why you should play this game.
Quiet stairway. Rusted elevator. Darkness. White dress. Joy.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Actually, the story is as close to pure garbage as you can find in the SH series. Easily the worst. Not the worst executed, that dubious honor falls to Ørigins. But the actual content of the story is unbelievably bad here.

The graphics are beautifully stunning. I don't like how Konami made their 3-D character models (always been a pet peeve of mine) but over all the game looks nice. The art direction is simply SPOT ON. Hard to argue anything bad here.

The sounds... Wow. I love the music in some games. Silent Hill's soundtracks have never really reached out to me in any way shape or form, except for... 3 songs? Other than that I've not been too interested in the Silent Hill soundtracks because they're not worth the plastic they're burned on to me. Akira Yamaoka has never much impressed me, nor have Joe Romersa or Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (or Melissa Williamson, what ever you choose to call her). The sound effects have never been a big thing to me until this game where the over-the-top IN-YOUR-FUCKING-FACE combat music and annoyingly loud creatures made me play with the game muted half the time. No need for a radio, music does it all here with a track that sounds like someone beating a trashcan with a maul.

I recently replayed this game, and I made it all the way through, and unfortunately, I felt much like I did before. I like it more than I did, but it's still easily the worst SH experience I've had. Yes, that includes Homecoming and SH4, and even Ørigins.
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|