The smiling pictures

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Hasuak
Just Passing Through

The smiling pictures

Post by Hasuak »

I've searched around the forums and didn't seem to find any topic about this. What's really been bothering (and inspiring) me in the SH3's Otherworld is those smiling photos and pictures of bleeding ears. Does anyone have any idea what they would represent?

To me, they represent the 'happiness and eternal paradise' that the ancient religion talks about. Alessa hated the religion and it's people, but part of her maybe hoped for a good end for all of that. She maybe prayed for actually dying and disappearing for good, and moving into paradise where all that evil and sadness in her would disappear. But there is always the cruel reality reminding her how she is just a fragile, abused child.

So in short: Smile = Paradise and promised happiness and good will of the religion. Bleeding ear = Cruel reality of human beings, possibly lies told by the religious people. Also, there is one skinned body full of tubes and it's face covered by smiling picture. It could be some kind of perverse image of what the Order wanted Alessa to be. Just bear the pain of earthly life and be happy that she was going to bring the paradise into reality.

What do you people think?

Also, sorry for bad english. :)
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

Post up sum pics so we know wut ur talking about.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
theParsa
Just Passing Through

Post by theParsa »

I think that someone mentioned them representing Lisa. :|
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

The mouths are vaguely similar to Lisa, but do not match any pose of her.
Dutchman
Gravedigger

Post by Dutchman »

I totally forgot about them untill I saw Psychadelicsnake's walkthough on Youtube.

I think it has some connection with the relation between sacrifice (the blood(stained hands)) and salvation (of mankind). Just my two cents...
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn230/Ghoul68/banner_shh_4.png[/img]
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

don't the teeth have braces? they're pretty weird, yeah. i never really understood what they "meant".
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Perhaps "teenagers"?
Who wear braces more than anyone else? Teens.

You don't see a 85 year old grandpa with one. . . I never saw any. :P
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Didn't find a topic, really? Not even in the Quicklinks which has a link directly to a topic that says "The Mouth, The Ears, and Stretched Picture?" ;)

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=184
I'm not dead yet, dammit.