Lack of ammunition?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Re: Lack of ammunition?

Post by KiramidHead »

NeoAquarius12 wrote:How do you win that fight with only melee weapons?
There's not really a lot to it. You wait for the boss to fall to the floor. After it swipes at you, run up and wack it twice on the head. Rinse, repeat.
HELLS HOLE CREEK
Just Passing Through

Post by HELLS HOLE CREEK »

Its quite easy even on hard running + explore + stockpiling + mellee makes it worthy of the survival-horror tag.
I found this creek a quiet place... away from the rat race somewhere i can be me... as i stared into that calmness
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

Hard mode is great practice for this game. After I did that, Extreme mode didn't seem any harder than hard, especially with the health bar. For some reason, seeing how much health was taken away with each hit made me play safer.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I think 3 had quite a bit of ammunition, especially compared to the monsters. I used the katana through out the entire game (I even beat the God with the katana first time). If you want to complain about ammo, I say complain about the ammo in Silent Hill 1, especially while you're in Midwich. I always had to use my handgun on the stupid Demon Children in Midwich, especially when they were in twos. They cling to you even with the steelpipe, so I had to lay a bullet into them. D: <
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

I dunno. Even on Hard mode in SH 1 I still found plenty of ammunition. By Midwich I'm pretty sure I found at least 100 handgun bullets which is pretty darn generous.

I do agree that SH 3 is not as generous in terms of ammunition, especially with the SMG. Felt kinda like a ripoff to get such a sexy gun only to find 3 cartridges of ammo. Anyway, the excellent melee weapons make up for the lack of ammo and the katana alone will get you through much of the game.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.