SH3 Hard Level (How long did it take you to finish game)

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

LSH
Just Passing Through

SH3 Hard Level (How long did it take you to finish game)

Post by LSH »

I've read on boards that say they finished in two days. I think even if I knew every puzzle by heart I'm not sure I could beat it that fast.

I'm talking hard level only.

1. How long would it take you from start to finish after 2 year or more from playing it?

2. How many hours would it take you to finish if you replayed game right away?

I think hardest thing for me after a long break from playing SH is running.
SilentWren
Historical Society Historian

Re: SH3 Hard Level (How long did it take you to finish game)

Post by SilentWren »

All of the times I played through SH3 were a lot longer than they should've been, because my schedule doesn't really allow me to play video games. I believe the fastest I ever got through it was in 3 days of mostly dedicated playing, but that was on extreme.

I also started a new game and let myself die three times so I could find out if "beginner" mode was real or not--it is.

I would also like to add that I only made it to X4. I'm a terrible Silent Hill fan, lol.

EDIT:
To the moderators-maybe this could be a thread about the various difficulty settings in the 3rd game? I can see somebody posting "this is sort-of a game thread!"

also, the differences in the puzzle settings were quite extreme. In easy, they completely left out that whole fumigation thing because there were too many big words., and in hard, you had to have outside-the-game references.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

SilentWren wrote: I would also like to add that I only made it to X4. I'm a terrible Silent Hill fan, lol.
Don't feel bad. I haven't even got through regular hard. I can't imagine how difficult the extreme variants would be for me.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^ You have to get very good at dodging, which I never really thought I was :)

Also, the replay value of the 3rd game is ridiculously high considering some of the weapons you can get later.

EDIT: I don't think I'm ever going to be able to make it past the memory of Alessa with the supplies I've got. I guess 4 was as far as I'm going to get in the extreme. Bummer.
Last edited by SilentWren on 10 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

Yeah, SH3 has some of the best replay value, it might have the most extra weapons and costumes type stuff, and for me its the shortest game in the series. My shortest play time was under 2 hours, but I don't think that was all at once. I don't know whether or not I've beaten the game in one sitting. I know I have with the first game because when I showed it to my friends I didn't have my memory card with me!

The hardest difficulty I've beaten it on was Extreme X1 ... so far. I actually didn't find Extreme1 much harder than Hard mode because I learned a lot from Hard mode. Especially for blocking and weapon choice.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

This thread is basically just talking about the extreme levels for Silent Hill3 and we already have a thread about that, aptly named Action level extreme, so I am closing this thread.