Why do other characters end up in the "otherworld"?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: Why do other characters end up in the "otherworld"?

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's not. We've told you why it's not, explained to you why it's not, and given you proof why it's not. I don't know why we should keep having these conversations with you if you're not going to remember them.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SHF

Post by SHF »

relax. it was just my opinion.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

That doesn't really excuse or explain anything.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

Just because you've given what you've believed and explained why you think it's right, that doesn't mean it's going to change what helldescent believes about the game.

I was given extensive evidence once on why the Butcher is not a cheap rip-off of Pyramid Head, but it still didn't change how I feel about the monster and it's design and movements.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

*facepalm* I'm not complaining about him not changing his beliefs, I'm taking issue with his apparent forgetfulness wherein he keeps asking the same questions and inquiries over and over, as if these previous conversations have not happened before, and insisting the same answers over and over.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Then stop responding. Either he is truly confused and he'll just have to come to the conclusion on his on what the answers are, or he's doing it to get a rise out of you. Either way let's play nice and move on.
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

I don't think it's possible for any us to completely understand what was going on in Silent Hill 1 just by playing it. That means no walkthroughs, cheats, forums, websites, game guides, translated memories, etc. Admit it, it's a complex game. First time I played Silent Hill I thought the town was devouring itself and I couldn't tell if it was Dahlia or Alessa was making the nightmare world.
Monster
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Monster »

^ Bingo. I dont get why fans of these games try to place these concrete rules on how things in Silent Hill should work. It's not scary when you know exactly what can happen in the otherworld, that's the point of the otherworld, logical rules disappear there.
"Star Wars is like the thing that isn't remotely cool anymore but that nobody will stop talking about of my generation" -Me.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Im not disagreeing with you at all. i was only stating my opinion.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

ok, sometimes this forum confuses me....
there's the "real world" Silent Hill, "foggy" Silent Hill, and "nightmarish" Silent Hill, right?
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

SilentWren wrote:ok, sometimes this forum confuses me....
there's the "real world" Silent Hill, "foggy" Silent Hill, and "nightmarish" Silent Hill, right?
Yes (IMO). The REAL Silent Hill(on the surface) is a nice, quiet resort town. There are normal residents of the town and those vacationing there. Harry and his wife vacationed there, James and his wife vacationed there, and Walter lived there. Probably forgetting some people but doesn't matter. Anyway, those who visit Silent Hill that aren't some how connected to the town and don't have dark secrets or personal demons can come and go, stay and visit, go for a dip in the lake, etc. But those who enter with darkness in them enter a very different Silent Hill. Some call it the otherworld, another plane, alternate universe, another dimension, etc. Then there is the nightmare world that's covered in blood soaked, rusty chain-link fencing. In SH1 Alessa creates the nightmare world, in SH2 it's James' nightmare, and SH3 it's the memory of Alessa/Alessa's nightmare.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^I agreed with all that, but was Wish House (or Hope House) within Silent Hill city limits? I thought it was a little out in the boonies.

Oh, well. You answered my question well enough anyway! Thank you, dear!

To answer the original question, I think everyone ends up in Silent Hill for a reason. That's one of the things that I liked about the second game-there were different hells coexisting. Laura and Maria even found keys to unlock doors just like a player could. Everyone has their own issues, and the town redeems you. Thanks, Alessa, I think...(you guys know what I mean there, no flame!)
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

SilentWren wrote:^I agreed with all that, but was Wish House (or Hope House) within Silent Hill city limits? I thought it was a little out in the boonies.
It's my understanding that Wish House and the Water Prison are part of the Silent Hill Smile Support Society(4S) located just outside of Silent Hill. I believe it's still part of Silent Hill it's just located outside of the metro area. According to Translated Memories Wish House is in the woods of Silent Hill and it just says that the Water Prison is in Silent Hill. I remember reading or hearing something in SH4 talking about how the people of town always wondered what went on in the cylindrical building(Water Prison).
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

It is right next to Tuluca lake, so yeah. It is still in Silent Hill. The Crimson Tome states that the forests are also part of Silent Hill.