Cybil (spoilers)

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Hexagram
Just Passing Through

Cybil (spoilers)

Post by Hexagram »

I apologize for my other thread that got locked. I also apologize for the spoilers, I figured everyone here was a hardcore SH fan and knew about Harry's fate. Regardless of my registration date, I'm a newbie here since I only joined when SM came out for Wii then didn't visit here again until recently.

Anyways, I know now there is a thread for Harry, but this is about Cybil.

Since Cybil is not in SH3 at all, is it safe to assume that the Good ending from SH1 is canon. If the good+ ending was canon, then Heather's mother would actually be Cybil as is suggested at the ending of SH1.

But she's not mentioned at all, which means she must have died. :(

Your thoughts?

ps, I also know this forum is slow, so I won't make another new topic in here for awhile.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Re: Cybil (spoilers)

Post by alone in the town »

Cybil's fate was discussed, long past the point of sanity, in this thread. Plus, in countless others.

I don't know if I'm ready for it to flare up again so soon.
Hexagram
Just Passing Through

Post by Hexagram »

Really? I looked on the first page and didn't see any titles about Cybil that stood out.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

The topic often hides behind discussions about endings. Rest assured, any discussion of the first game's endings will inevitably produce debates about Cybil's fate.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Cybil isn't Harry's wife. She just replaces his wife as a little "Easter Egg". You're thinking about it a bit too much.
Hexagram
Just Passing Through

Post by Hexagram »

Meh, I dunno.

I mean Silent Hill leads to many interpretations depending on the ending. Hell, there are even amazing theories that still come up today regarding the bad+ ending. But it wasn't until Silent Hill 3 that we had an idea as to which ending was canon.

The scene looks the exact same, but regardless if it's just an easter egg, it still means Cybil survived in that ending and there is no mention of her in SH3 at all.

Also the good ending seems to be the only ending that doesn't spin off into crazy theories about purgatory or an infinite loop.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Considering this topic is about the canon ending for SH1 and/or the fate of a character that played a role in SH1, maybe this topic belongs in the SH1 forum? Ah well, we've already got this topic there anyway, as alone in the town pointed out. ;)

Also, here are a couple of threads you could have found if you tried doing a search for "Cybil."

Where's Cybil When You Need Her? [SH3 section]
What happens to Cybil in Good + ending? [SH1 section]

Hexagram, please make sure you've read the Forum Guidelines. You're responsible for finding out if your topic is already covered (by use of the search function and Quicklinks) and your avatar is supposed to be no larger than 100 x 100 pixels (unless you're a cult subscriber). You'll get some slack because you're somewhat new, but once the staff feels that you should really know better, you may find yourself with an official warning. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM myself or another moderator. :)