Vincent Otacon !!

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Vincentclaw
Just Passing Through

Vincent Otacon !!

Post by Vincentclaw »

Anybody think's that Vincent looks exactly the same as Hal Emmerich aka "Otacon" from MGS ?! or is it just me ?

Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Vincent Otacon !!

Post by Uyrikeustek »

LOL that's kinda creepy how closely they look in comparison, only Otacon has a much cleaner look and probably better teeth too.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Post by Typographenia »

I thought of otacon at first glance as well, the first time I played sh3. Kinda glad Vincent doesn't wet himself every time you turn around.

Konami obviously is so lazy they just put all their models into a big pool for their different development teams to work from. Obviously.
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

Typographenia wrote:Konami obviously is so lazy they just put all their models into a big pool for their different development teams to work from. Obviously.
Um, that pic that the OP posted, that's from MGS4 - a PS3 game. This is how Otacon looked on the PS2, in MGS2: Sons Of Liberty:
And from Twin Snakes (the MGS1 remake):
And from MGS1, in all it's pixelated glory:
They do appear similar, maybe it was some kind of shoutout, the same way the legs in the concrete wall where you find the silence are supposed to be Solid Snake's. Or maybe it was just one big coincidence.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Otacon = Clean Vincent.
Vincent = Dirty Otacon.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Typographenia wrote:I thought of otacon at first glance as well, the first time I played sh3. Kinda glad Vincent doesn't wet himself every time you turn around.

Konami obviously is so lazy they just put all their models into a big pool for their different development teams to work from. Obviously.
I think there's some truth to this...i've also noticed with the popular japanese anime's in general that most of the villians have long white hair and the generic "twirly mustachey" evil laugh....:mrgreen:
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

There surely is a physical resemblance.
Although their personalities are WAY different.
We are still here...
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

Agent of God wrote:There surely is a physical resemblance.
Although their personalities are WAY different.
Heh, maybe Otacon is to Vincent what Solid Snake is to Liquid Snake. A creepy doppelganger.
Mephisto wrote:Otacon = Clean Vincent.
Vincent = Dirty Otacon.
I honestly got a good laugh out of that. Now we know why the NOMAD doesn't have lockers, if Otacon climbed into one, he'd end up spouting religious dogma at Snake.
Vincentclaw
Just Passing Through

Post by Vincentclaw »

They do appear similar, maybe it was some kind of shoutout, the same way the legs in the concrete wall where you find the silence are supposed to be Solid Snake's. Or maybe it was just one big coincidence.
Yeah, but i dont think it's just a coincidence, hell not they only look the same, thier voice is somehow similer !! that made me search for vincent voice actor i thought it was christopher randolph :D then i found it's Clifford Rippel, and also if you notice even vincent pushs his glasses with his middle finger the same way as Otacon in MGS & MGS2 before SH3 came out!! :D
Kinda glad Vincent doesn't wet himself every time you turn around.
Otacon = Clean Vincent.
Vincent = Dirty Otacon.
I thought of that Otacon too first time i played SH3 and that was 2003 i guess, it was nice to see him evil and not whining for a change :D even though, he's a great character :)
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Shadow wrote:
Typographenia wrote:Konami obviously is so lazy they just put all their models into a big pool for their different development teams to work from. Obviously.
Um, that pic that the OP posted, that's from MGS4 - a PS3 game.
Obviously, my attempt at joking was missed. Obviously.

I'm sure it's just one of those "oh, would you look at that?"
Especially since it seemed as thought the team for sh3 were creating their character looks by combining features of various real people.
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

Typographenia wrote:
Shadow wrote:
Um, that pic that the OP posted, that's from MGS4 - a PS3 game.
Obviously, my attempt at joking was missed. Obviously.
My apologies, I read it as if it were completely serious. Without the appearance of a 'lol' smilie it's hard to tell what is a joke and what is completely serious around here.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Haha, don't worry about it! Looking back, I seem much more cold than I intended. >_>

I wonder if this means vincent has a younger sister? Actually, it would be pretty funny if the mgs and sh3 universe mirrored themselves in even more ways. I hope Douglas is Ocelot, haha!
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

Typographenia wrote:Haha, don't worry about it! Looking back, I seem much more cold than I intended. >_>

I wonder if this means vincent has a younger sister? Actually, it would be pretty funny if the mgs and sh3 universe mirrored themselves in even more ways. I hope Douglas is Ocelot, haha!
And Harry can be Roy Campbell :D . Actually, it would be nice if a future Silent Hill game explored Vincent's family.

On Topic:
vincentclaw wrote:Yeah, but i dont think it's just a coincidence, hell not they only look the same, thier voice is somehow similer !! that made me search for vincent voice actor i thought it was christopher randolph then i found it's Clifford Rippel, and also if you notice even vincent pushs his glasses with his middle finger the same way as Otacon in MGS & MGS2 before SH3 came out!!
Wow, more evidence. Still, it's not like anyone at Konami would ever come right out and say "Hey, remember that guy in Silent Hill 3? The cult guy? Well, we based him on Hal Emmerich." Or "Father Vincent's surname is Emmerich/Emmerich-Danziger (because Hal Emmerich's father remarried sometime between Hal's birth and Emma's (his sisters))"
Vincentclaw
Just Passing Through

Post by Vincentclaw »

Actually, it would be nice if a future Silent Hill game explored Vincent's family.

That would be cool yeah, but after team silent hill from japan, i think its bye bye sh :(
Wow, more evidence. Still, it's not like anyone at Konami would ever come right out and say "Hey, remember that guy in Silent Hill 3? The cult guy? Well, we based him on Hal Emmerich." Or "Father Vincent's surname is Emmerich/Emmerich-Danziger (because Hal Emmerich's father remarried sometime between Hal's birth and Emma's (his sisters))"
lol of course not, i think they like to play with our minds :S
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

And Harry can be Roy Campbell :D
Harry is Raiden. Kaufmann is Roy Campbell. :P
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

^And Claudia can be The Boss!
We are still here...
B5160-R

Post by B5160-R »

I vaguely recall there being a reference to Metal Gear Solid, in the form of a poster or something in either SH1 or 2. And considering Konami made both games it's more then likely that Vincent's charactor is a reference to Otacon.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Mephisto wrote:Harry is Raiden. Kaufmann is Roy Campbell. :P
How you dare? Harry should be Gray Fox, Kauffman would be Dr. Pettrovich, Travis would be Roy Campbell and Alex would be Raiden... Also James can be Kyle Schneider...
SHF

Post by SHF »

This probably belongs more in general discussion.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Considering Vincent isn't in any other game, I can't see how this would belong better in General discussion than SH3.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================