PS2 version vs. PC version?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

silenthill23
Just Passing Through

PS2 version vs. PC version?

Post by silenthill23 »

Could someone post side by side comparison shots of the PC version (on the highest texture quality), and the ps2 version? I've been wondering this and, seeing as I am about to win the PC version in an auction, I'd like to see what all the rave is about.

Thanks to who ever does this for me.

This place used to be full of posters...what happened to you guys? :?
"If I could b anything, I'd b the water in your bath darling." - Prince
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: PS2 version vs. PC version?

Post by peronmls »

PC. You can set the Texture resolution to 4096X4096.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

silenthill23 wrote: This place used to be full of posters...what happened to you guys? :?
Well, it's true the forum is less busy now, but I think there aren't that many people here who play it on PC. There are some, but it may take a while for one of them to see your post and get screenshots... There are even less people who play it on both PC and PS2 and can get the same shots from both for comparison.
silenthill23
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthill23 »

Ok, sorry if I sounded rude or anything. And holy crap, how do you get it to 4096x4096? I just bought one so I'm kind of lost on that part lol. Thanks!
"If I could b anything, I'd b the water in your bath darling." - Prince
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

silenthill23 wrote:Ok, sorry if I sounded rude or anything. And holy crap, how do you get it to 4096x4096? I just bought one so I'm kind of lost on that part lol. Thanks!
Its in the PC version setting. You know you can download the PC demo to try it out yourself.
Nazband
Just Passing Through

Post by Nazband »

Has a huge fan of Silent hill 3, i have bot... I can pretty say that the textures for pc and ps2 version are the same, but pc version win because you can run the game at higher resolution which the resolution of the ps2 version is locked.