Valtiel - what's next?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Henry Kane
Just Passing Through

Re: Valtiel - what's next?

Post by Henry Kane »

Don, Aman wrote:4. Valtiel attempts to aid the birth of god by the methods of the Sect of the Holy Mother in SH4. (2001)
I thought he didn't reappear after he left Walter's mind.
Don, Aman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Don, Aman »

From my understanding, god can't be born without the aid of Valtiel. While he doesn't appear in SH4, I think this implies he was working "behind the scenes".
Don stepped outside... It feels good to be alone... He wished he was drunk...
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

I think the whole "cult trying to birth god storyline" is over and it ended with Heather...even tho it started with that theme, i love the fact that this series is setup where each outing can and is different from every other game in the series...unlike RE or some other games where there is a constant objective.

Take Re for example...and don't get me wrong i like the RE series (i'm ready for the story to mature a bit more) but you know that it's baseline plot is going to be some giant pharmacutical(spel) company performing illegal experiments and wanting to take over the industry....i mean it works for that series because it is what is, but the SH series is just setup to where every game can be different.

So while i don't rule out anymore type of valtiel of PH type boss monsters, i don't think we'll see anymore storylines regarding the "god" element...at least no time soon. for them to go down that road again, they would have to introduce it in a very clever and compelling manner and not just in your face with another crazy cult member wanting to birth another god.
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Just for clarification, in SH4 Walter wasn't 100% willfully trying to summon God so much as "wake up" his "mother" whom he associated with God due to the beliefs of the Holy Mother sect placing "God" into an inanimate object (such as the Mother Stone). That and Dahlia pulled a bitch move and told L'il Wally that his mom was an apartment.
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Initially that wasn't Walter's intent, but it definitely changed after he realized a person can't be born from a room. He went to college. He understands anatomy.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Right. Which was what I meant by he wasn't 100% trying to do so.
He's not stupid, far from it, and his initial intentions became misguided/turned towards that. If I'm remembering correctly, that is. It's definitely been a while since I've been intimate with 4 ):
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
Matthewop
Just Passing Through

Post by Matthewop »

maybe you are right...