Your FAVORITE Silent Hill 3 memories

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Lemex
Gravedigger

Re: Your FAVORITE Silent Hill 3 memories

Post by Lemex »

Revisiting Silent Hill always stuck with me. I liked seeing all the tiny changes they made, like in the layout of the cars from SH2, and the change in graffiti.
TANK
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TANK »

i drove 50 miles to get my copy(wal-mart didnt carry it here, gamestop/eb games hadn't expanded here yet) and i ended up missing a date with my girlfriend at the time because i got stuck in traffic. funny thing is, she was a DEAD RINGER FOR HEATHER. I swear, hair, face, even the freckles, i held the box up to her face to compare and she got pissed for some reason. haha maybe not so good memories
It's a world of someone's nightmarish dillusions come to life.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

^ haha, for some reason I found the fact that it bothered her really funny. Maybe because I can imagine Heather getting bothered by something like that.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
TANK
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TANK »

^you know what, your right! my ex was snippy just like heather, and not to mention she had NO problem putting me in my place. yeah, she never let me play games when she was around. She said, and i quote,"Those are just a waste of your time." :| relationship over
It's a world of someone's nightmarish dillusions come to life.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

I'll state three of my top memories. Two I've said before in other threads but when I think of Silent Hill 3, I can't help but think of an apeshit cat, snow in August and a damn tornado. So it tends to stick in my mind~

My first playthrough of Silent Hill 3 was basically split into two nights. For some reason a few days before it came out, I felt a random need to call the local gamestore if they had it in. They happened to get their shipment in and they were willing to sell it, so I was like ON THE FRICKIN WAY GUY! Which was a great coincidence because the one person back then I tended to play them with was able to play it with me. His parents were also not home, so it was perfect.

So we cranked this game straight to 11 and went off to win the night. This game weirded me out more than any other SH on a first playthrough. The cat seemed to agree since it would randomly flip-the-fuck out like a tweaking schizophrenic meth junky on speed over the dissonance the game created. I have never seen a cat move so fast and all over the place as she was. It was like if you shot one of those crazy 25 cent bouncy balls out of cannon. She'd fly up the couches, into windowsills, jump off walls and bolt out of the room at total random. That cat managed to toss in the American-style jump scares into the game by the scaring the ever living hell out of us at sonic speed. I suppose that was her way of getting back at us for having her listen to those terrible, terrible sounds. Kitty is lucky I didn't make it to the hospital or amusement park that night!

The next day, I wasn't able to play it with my friend and the game weirded me out enough that I just wanted to get it over with. So I totally sissied out and played it during the day. But alas, the outside world would have none of that crap. It was just a typical end of August day in northern Alberta, roughly around a decent +20ish celcius. My friend was watching me play while he was waiting for his dad to pick him up. Yet, as I was beating the game (hospital to the end), it started to get colder and windier outside. No friggin word of a lie, by the time I was finishing the church, it was snowing outside and the wind was going nuts. By the time the game was over it was -3C about. Another friends flight was even canceled, because just after I beat the game he knocked on my window. We went to the lake that was behind my house and the northern lights were even out. Extremely odd for the end of August.

A few weeks later, I was playing SH3 again for another friend. During the boss fight with the missionary, my dad asked us to come upstairs quick. Of all friggin things, there was a funnel cloud landing in the park about 2 minutes from my house. The <only> one to ever touch down in my city and it happens while I'm playing Silent Hill 3. So of course me and my friends natural inclination is to hop in his truck and chase the bastard. Was a good day.

Naturally, I started to distrust the game and its affect on weather and kittens. Yet secretly hoping that maybe, just next time, the apocalypse! Thousands of kittens will fall from the sky and the great lollercaust will begin~

No luck yet though~
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Wow. xD That's extremely epic. I doubt anyone can match that.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
B5160-R
Historical Society Historian

Post by B5160-R »

The first short part from after dodging Douglas in the mall to meeting Claudia makes my head trip for some reason.

I remember the first time I played it, how excited I was (already being a big fan of the first two), finding this forum, but also a lot of different things that happened to me around that time. Everything just comes back to me vividly when the guitar in End Of Small Sanctuary kicks in.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
Joseph
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Joseph »

B5160-R wrote: Everything just comes back to me vividly when the guitar in End Of Small Sanctuary kicks in.
I second that! Every time I replay SH3, this song along with the setting sun and the wandering around the empty (still normal though) mall bring back to the times.
Last edited by Joseph on 13 Aug 2011, edited 1 time in total.
http://twitter.com/quieterworlds
Forget it, Jake. This is Chinatown.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Joseph wrote:
B5160-R wrote: Everything just comes back to me vividly when the guitar in End Of Small Sanctuary kicks in.
I second that! Every time I replay SH3, this song along with the setting sun and the wandering around the empty (still normal though) mall bring back to thetimes.
I totally get this~ gets me every time too.
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

Tabris wrote:
Joseph wrote:
I second that! Every time I replay SH3, this song along with the setting sun and the wandering around the empty (still normal though) mall bring back to thetimes.
I totally get this~ gets me every time too.
Damn guys. I agree completely. It's the most nostalgic song from any Silent Hill for me. Sometimes just playing the game brings back this feeling I can't quite place, but it's a little piece of how I felt when I first experienced SH3. Well, I guess that's how nostalgia works, haha.
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

"It was like if you shot one of those 25 cent bouncy balls out of a cannon."

That's one of the most awesome things I've ever heard, in great part because I LOVE bouncy balls.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Doctor Eggnog wrote:"It was like if you shot one of those 25 cent bouncy balls out of a cannon."

That's one of the most awesome things I've ever heard, in great part because I LOVE bouncy balls.
Hahaha glad you enjoyed that. I had a lot of fun writing that, because it's easily one of my most favorite and bizarre gaming stories. It's too bad it never stayed consequent with subsequent releases~

It'd be awesome if Downpour came out and it's like shiiiitttt earthquake or mystery volcano or something!
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

I just recently got into Silent Hill Last year but the first SH game I played was 3. I remembered the beginning of the dream and being in it and it was so weird. This was in 2006 when my friends cousin gave him a lot of PS2 games. I got into when i was at school and saw a book that had a guy with a triangle on his had and i asked a friend what is this and she said Pyramid Head from Silent Hill and i was like "Oh?" and so i got it and played it and loved it and so my favorite memory was the dream. creepy
Roux
Just Passing Through

Post by Roux »

I think my favourite memory of the game would be walking around a shopping centre at night. Anytime I'm in a mall and it's dark outside, I always say to my sister, "Oh look! Just like Silent Hill!"

There's also the first time I played through Borley Haunted Mansion. That was fun. I wish it was real, except for the whole red-light-that-chases-and-kills-you part.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Dude, the red light thing would make it twice as epic if it was real! :D
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

VenusDoom wrote:Dude, the red light thing would make it twice as epic if it was real! :D
But what if the people who ran the ride didn't tell the children the light was dangerous!? They might be like, "Ooooh, pretty red light..."
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ Lmfao, there are so many dead baby jokes to be made if that happened!

Sajun
Just Passing Through

Post by Sajun »

For me, my favorite memory was just completing the game really.

I had never played a Silent Hill game before. I had always wanted to, but just never had the money to get them I guess, and didn't know which one to start with. I went to the beach for a week with a few friends last March I think, and I had been researching which game would be the best to start with and settled on 3, so I purchased a copy while I was at the beach.

Even with people in the room, with the lights out at night it was the scariest thing ever. We were screaming. I ended up beating it while we were down there and loved it so much. Since then I've purchased and finished 2 (which was awesome), and I'm working on 4 now but there are some things I'm not too happy about with it, bought a copy of 1 yesterday and it should be here in about 20 minutes actually, and have a copy of Origins on the way but not too excited bout that, sounds like it's not a good entry in the series.

Sorry for the long post. =)
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ Origins is better than it's reputation. It's a fun game when youre sitting in your bed at night and cant sleep. :) Anywho, always glad to see someone else getting into the series, :)