Your FAVORITE Silent Hill 3 memories

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Your FAVORITE Silent Hill 3 memories

Post by VenusDoom »

SH3 is my favorite game in the whole series. Anyway, I ALWAYS play SH at night, in the dark, and plug earphones into my my tiny old SD tv. One nigtht I randomly woke up at 2 AM after falling asleep at 11. I couldn't fall back asleep so i went to the kitchen got some water, walked in my room, and I could almost feel my PS2 calling me to beat the game. I had never beaten it before and I think I was at the amusement park. I was half awake, and died a few times, but after I woke up a little bit, I was fine. I remember watching the scene of forgiving or not forgiving Claudia, me being the kind of person i am, I chose forgive.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I kept dieing and trying to shoot Claudia before I realized to use the agolophitas (sp phail >.<)
So at about 6:47, I finally beat the game for the first time. I felt so achieved for completing the story I had been longing to beat. (I had played and beat SH:0, SH1, and SH2, before SH3.) with Alessa's story beaten, I crawled into my bed, shut my eyes, and tried as hard as I could to get Hometown out of my damn dreams .-.7
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Re: Your FAVORITE Silent Hill 3 memories

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Well, for me, I'd say my favorite memories of Silent Hill 3 were basically playing and finishing the game (About six times I've counted), cursing and laughing at the monsters while I picked them off with my Unlimited SMG, always trying to get the Possessed Ending, but no matter how hard I tried I would always get the Good Ending and then get hissy,
Shooting Claudia instead of taking the Aglaophotis and thus dying, over and over
, debating to myself whether the Numb Bodies are supposed to sound like baby dinosaurs crying, screaming when a stupid Split Head would fly over me, and all my speed runs (My record being 2 1/2 hours).
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Epic, i can't beat it in less than four myself! xD If youre trying for the possessed ending just get the unlimited SMG or flamethrower and shoot everything that walks until it stops! xD it's hard, but it's SOOOOOO worth it, (took me 3 play through to do it)
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

Like Aerith and VenusDoom, my favourite memories involve the unlimited machine gun. After unlocking it, it would be the only weapon I'd use. I'd just hold down the trigger and keep it on any visible enemies until they stopped moving.

That and the ending.
SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

I prefer the Flamethrower. I know it's weaker, but that makes it funnier to me. It's rather ridiculous watching monsters get punched by fire ad nauseum.
country matters
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

@VenusDoom, Wow I can't imagine taking four hours to play the game anymore. My record is 1 hr 45 min.

I have good memories of many of Vincent's scenes, as well as Heather pretending to be Alessa (I hated learning that it wasn't real, just like I hated learning that Pyramid Head wasn't fighting the mannequins over food). I also remember the car scene clearly, and before that the music in the apartment.

I also remember hating the game the first time I tried to play it, SH3 still doesn't feel quite right to me somehow, but I do love it all the same.

My recent memories are beating the game on Extreme and finding out how useful the health bar can be.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Epic, i always take 4 hours because I do every side-thing (The letters in Brookhaven,) read every memo, and try to kill every monster I see. I could prob beat in maybe 2 or 3 if I was doing a speedrun, but I've only beat it 3 times, being as I don't own the game. Ironic considering it's my favorite. I still haven't gotten the Heather Beam and can't get the UFO ending. DX

zach9044
Just Passing Through

Post by zach9044 »

It is hard to find anything I don't love about silent hill 3 so I will say pretty much everything except for a couple of the puzzles.
I loved the silent hill 2 toilet reference though I could just imagine James in tears after what she said.

I love the Princess heart outfit, heather beam, and sexy beam, Regardless of how revelation goes would love to see that in there, but back on subject, I also loved the UFO ending but then again who does not like that.
For some reason and I can't figure out why but this particular game will always have a special place in my heart.
trai has cake
Just Passing Through

Post by trai has cake »

Best memory - when I beat the game for the first time - 3 was my first SH game and I was insanely happy when i finally beat God and Heather had her witty little quote *>__<*
Rayder
Just Passing Through

Post by Rayder »

Two scenes in SH3 stand out for me, the mirror room was nice and creepy, and I can't really explain why, but I liked watching the scene where the detective takes Heather to Silent Hill....the in-the-car cut scene.

I always felt that if they ever made a movie based on SH3, the Vincent character should be played by Michael Shanks (the guy who played Daniel Jackson in the Stargate shows). If I turn down the volume in the game, I end up imagining Michael Shanks's voice for Vincent's lines (and doing the lines way better than whoever it is they had doing them in the game too). So I guess you could say that the Vincent scenes are kinda memorable for me too. If nothing else, just for that reason alone. In fact, I could imagine no other person playing that part.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Rayder wrote:Two scenes in SH3 stand out for me, the mirror room was nice and creepy, and I can't really explain why, but I liked watching the scene where the detective takes Heather to Silent Hill....the in-the-car cut scene.
I don't care much for the mirror room outside of it being aesthetically pleasing, but I agree about the other. I tend to find that my favorite scenes in horror games are the ones which offer a break from the horror. For that same reason, the conversation between Laura and James in the hotel lounge was probably my favorite in the whole game. The fact that it was vital to the plot is one part of that, but the other was that it was a nice and pleasant break from the oppressive and unpleasant rest of the game.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^I agree, the breaks from the horror were always nice, especially any of the really personal, heartfelt scenes. Heartstrings were tugged on occasion, and they helped give the game character. I agree that scene, as well as
Heather walking in to find Harry's dead body, and even the short scene with Heather crying and saying, "Dad..."
really washed me with an ocean of emotion (Wow, that was kind of deep).
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ That was sad. Excpecially if you had played SH1, you feel like you've been through so much with them, you almost grow attatched to the character, then theyr'e gone. It helps fans relate to Heather and how to feel what she feels. The car scene truely was one of the best scenes in videogame of all time in my opinion.

SHF

Post by SHF »

I have 2 favorite moments:
The first is the very beginning when she is at the mall, and it changes into the Otherworld.
The second is when we get to revisit South Vales again. that was really exciting
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
EndlessDark
Just Passing Through

Post by EndlessDark »

I love the mirror scene because it was very surprising and very cool. I think my favorite scene though is where Heather is walking away from Douglas to confront Claudia and he's pointing the gun t her back. She knows what he's thinking about doing but doesn't turn round. That to me is a very cool scene.
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

bit heather says shut your stinking mouth?
Youma Taisan!
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Hmm, the mirror room was ok. But really the whole alternate hospital world was just crazy, i remember just being in awe because i had never seen anything like it. Some of my favorite memories come from how tense the game was the first time i played it, it made me nervous about entering rooms or different areas. The first time i saw an insane cancer was creepy too, the build up was great.

I think the best memory i have about SH3 as a whole is how much it just completely shattered my expectations. It was the first SH game i played and i went in thinking it would just be like a different version of resident evil, but what i got was a journey that was much more disturbing, dark, and twisted. I loved it.
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

My favorite SH3 moment: The Mannequin Room

I missed the mannequin room the first time I played through this game. That was a rental. Several months later I bought it and stumbled upon the room full of mannequin parts. I tend to be creeped out and/or have nightmares about anything artificial that looks alive. So the hairs were already raised as I made my way to the other side of the room. As soon as I heard the scream, it was like terror just shot through my body.

But that's good. Being scared is why I play these in the first place. And this was before the series desensitized me to a lot of things.
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."
Ghost
Just Passing Through

Post by Ghost »

My best memories of SH3 are those of Super Mario Sunshine I played after each session, just to make sure there was still something beautiful in the world.

The proportion was of two hours of SMarioS for each 10 minutes of SH3 gameplay.
Father, why have you forsaken me?
jeremyjh
Just Passing Through

Post by jeremyjh »

I would have to say the telephone in the locker was my favorite. She is a total blond :3
"But its not my birthday?"
http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremyjh13? ... BjX2Y0gNrc- Survival Horror Game Library