Portland drive

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: Portland drive

Post by The Adversary »

While I don't necessarily believe that's the case, the room identical to his bedroom is in the chapel. From the bed to the door is a large blood trail.

This to me doesn't suggest Harry's ghost got up and started walking around. The blood isn't a set of foot prints. It's a smear. If anything, Harry's corpse was pulled into the "reverse side," dragged off the bed by Valtiel, and prepared for metempsychosis elsewhere.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

I don't see any reason to think the bedroom in the chapel was ghost-activity either.. It was most likely just a manifestation of the pain of Heather's loss. She tried putting her grief aside to focuss on revenge, but I think this became harder and harder for her towards the end, and she eventually just couldn't keep her mind from manifesting these painfull memories anymore.

As for that trail of blood... wasn't that the memory of young Alessa, guiding Heather? Couldn't you hear a little girl sobbing when following it?
Ring-a ring-a Rosie, a pocket full o' posies
Ashes, ashes, we all fall down...
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The trail of blood is in that room, not in the hallway, like Alessa's footprints.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

Well that's interesting... Could it be related to the bloodtrail in brookhaven basement? There were bullet-holes in the wall, and something was dragged and put into the elevator.

Also, what do you mean by Valtiel dragging Harry from his bed? Why would he do that?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

When Heather dies, sometimes Valtiel will come along and drag her away, so it can bring her back to life, to ensure the god's birth. Its secondary duty is preparing bodies for metempsychosis. So, basically, Harry's corpse was taken away by Valtiel, the angel of rebirth, and his soul was reincarnated into another body, maybe even a monster's.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

So do I get this right.. Valtiel goes over the reïncarnation of anyone who dies in the otherworld?
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Basically; that's his job. He's also doing it to Lisa in the hospital level, and apparently the nurse monsters are his handiwork.

As for why I suggested the Harry-Ghost thing, a number of people took the earlier room plus the unknown thing Heather saw, followed by a brighter attitude afterwards, as seeing Harry.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

AuraTwilight wrote:Basically; that's his job. He's also doing it to Lisa in the hospital level, and apparently the nurse monsters are his handiwork.

As for why I suggested the Harry-Ghost thing, a number of people took the earlier room plus the unknown thing Heather saw, followed by a brighter attitude afterwards, as seeing Harry.
I believe this is what I kinda summed up after beating the game a few times. I couldn't figure out what Heather would be so shocked about seeing, but it makes a sense that it would be Harry. Some form of him, anyway, like Valtiel actually dragged Harry away from either their real apartment or the manifestation of it in nowheresville to reanimate him somehow to please Heather or maybe to "reward" her. I don't believe I'm 100% sure about what Heather saw at the end or ever will be, but Harry is certainly one of the most valid ideas. Harry or maybe even another less violent form of Alessa and/or Cheryl form the past would be my best guesses.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

SILENT HILL 3 deliberately parallels SILENT HILL in many ways. At the end of the first game, the god gives Harry a baby. I don't see a reason not to believe Heather is offered a baby, as well.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

I never really had a clue what she might have seen after the final boss fight... but reading this I too like to believe it was Harry :) That would totally explain her cheerfull conversation with Douglas.
But I don't really see why Valtiel would 'reward' Heather by letting her see Harry one more time... after all, Heather just interrupted the incarnation of his God. If it really was Harry's spirit, I think he came to her by himself.

And as far as I know, at the end of the first game it isn't God who gives Harry a baby, but it's Alessa who gives Harry the reïncarnation of her whole-made self (which, again, was probably made possible by Valtiel for the sake of birthing God).
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Heather would be cheerful ending the cycle of god's rebirth. I doubt she'd be happy seeing her murdered father's ghost.

I'm not going into the debate, much, but the god gave Harry the child, otherwise Alessa's whole motive in SILENT HILL makes no sense.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

SILENT HILL 3 deliberately parallels SILENT HILL in many ways. At the end of the first game, the god gives Harry a baby. I don't see a reason not to believe Heather is offered a baby, as well.
I've always liked this idea, but both sides being equal, I like the Harry idea better for emotional closure.

Though I really want someone to write a fanfiction where Heather is offered the baby, brutally murders it, and goes "Don't you think blondes have more fun? <3"

Though I've entertained the idea that what Heather sees is dependent on what ending you get. For example, Harry for the normal ending, baby murder for Revenge ending. What do you think, Tom?
But I don't really see why Valtiel would 'reward' Heather by letting her see Harry one more time... after all, Heather just interrupted the incarnation of his God. If it really was Harry's spirit, I think he came to her by himself.
Because God was born wrong, to the point that Valtiel veiled the deity's face in shame and left. By killing it, God has a chance to be born properly again.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

Kay, the 'Valtiel veiling God's face in shame'-scenario sounds pretty good.
But for the baby.. who would that baby be? Where would it came from? Alessa was the one who optained an immortal body as a result of being impregnated with God, right?
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Gah, I almost want a continuation of the story from SH3... something explaining what happened to Heather afterwards, (Other than the Silent Hill song, x3)
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
wonder's boy

Post by wonder's boy »

I've also thought that Alessa/Cheryl could have appeared and rejoined with Heather to make a whole again, not unlike
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
the first film's theory of Alessa and Sharon becoming whole when they see each other at the end. It makes sense to me considering Heather's all "I'm not going to hide anymore" or something like that, and calls herself "Cheryl" at the "normal" ending. She may be more open to considering herself as a whole after somehow being reunited with her past selves? She didn't necessarily have to combine with her past selves, but she could have been confronted with some form of them.

+ speculation...
AuraTwilight wrote: Though I really want someone to write a fanfiction where Heather is offered the baby, brutally murders it, and goes "Don't you think blondes have more fun? <3"
I'd actually write this if I didn't think it'd receive such a negative response! Who knows, I could be surprised.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

But for the baby.. who would that baby be? Where would it came from? Alessa was the one who optained an immortal body as a result of being impregnated with God, right?
Claudia.
I've also thought that Alessa/Cheryl could have appeared and rejoined with Heather to make a whole again
Heather has been whole the entirety of her life. She's the reincarnation of Alessa and Cheryl together, and has all their memories and personality traits. It's just a case of remembering them.
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

Ah right... Claudia swallowed the fetus. I'm convinced :3
wonder's boy

Post by wonder's boy »

AuraTwilight wrote:
I've also thought that Alessa/Cheryl could have appeared and rejoined with Heather to make a whole again.
Heather has been whole the entirety of her life. She's the reincarnation of Alessa and Cheryl together, and has all their memories and personality traits. It's just a case of remembering them.
Yeah, that's true. I guess I was thinking that whatever she sees at the end kind of seals the deal, so it wouldn't really be making her "whole again" but just tying that final knot or whatever.
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

This is not in any way on-topic anymore...
But I was wondering what the area in which God is fought could symbolize. Could it be Claudia's womb, or the final stage of the God's passage into the physical world... or something?
SHF

Post by SHF »

Ashes wrote:This is not in any way on-topic anymore...
But I was wondering what the area in which God is fought could symbolize. Could it be Claudia's womb, or the final stage of the God's passage into the physical world... or something?
Alessa God is prematurely born.( after Claudia swallows the fetus)
If you take a look at the room, you will see a oval slit in which Alessa God pokes through at times. This is symbolic of Birth ( as the slit is uncannily symbolic of a vagina)

It literally symbolizes Alessa God being "born" prematurely.
As to why she keeps going back inside the hole, I can only theorize it means that she was not ready to be born yet, and is trying to recede back into the womb.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]