The stairway leading up to the chapel...

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Kingvegemite
Just Passing Through

The stairway leading up to the chapel...

Post by Kingvegemite »

So I've been doing a few speed runs recently (record 1h 02m 48s, thanks for asking) and one thing jumps out at me for some reason that doesn't seem to have been discussed in the quicklinks (forgive me if I'm wrong).

The stairs at the end of the game that lead from the amusement park to the chapel; is there any particular reason why they are near as damnit identical to stairs in the sewer area? It just seemed odd that the railings on the side as well as the shape of the stairs themselves were so reminiscent of the earlier area.

Any thoughts.
I used to me Magnum on silenthillforum.co.uk
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: The stairway leading up to the chapel...

Post by Yoshata »

I've not noticed this myself because I haven't played the game enough - but I'm thinking that the sewer stairs might just be a sign of something to come (Heather's entrance to the chapel). Kind of like the
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Flesh Lips in SH2 are probably a sign of what's to come in the Mary/Maria demon final boss fight.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

The only thing I could really think of right now is that it's just because the church is basically the 'Nowhere' area and a lot of things in the game kinda mesh together.

It's probably just a coincidence though. I'm mostly speaking from memory. Been a little while since I played it. Guess I'll find out on my magical annual Silent Hill binge in October~
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Post by Typographenia »

I would just say it's the team reusing assets to save time and resources where possible.

But that's just me.