Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 24 Jun 2017

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: "The body must have been crushed..."

Missing since: 13 Apr 2012
Notes left: 43
Last seen at: The corner of Matheson and Levin
I could have sworn I saw a thread on this already a while back, but my searches proved fruitless, so please forgive me if this has already been posted.
This always used to confuse me whenever I played Silent Hill 3, because I had no idea what it was referring to.
In the room where you find the empty wine bottle in the underground passage, you can check the debris next to the wine rack and Heather will think, "The body must have been crushed by something very heavy. By this then? How horrible."
But I could never - and still can't, even on the HD collection - see a body that was "crushed by something very heavy", anywhere.
Recently, playing through Silent Hill 3 again, I found a spot in the subway area that is blocked by a ton of debris and I can make out the feet of a person sticking out from under all of it, and I think there's some blood around them. When I checked it, Heather doesn't make any mention of it. This got me wondering if they somehow got the text mixed up for these two spots.
Has anyone else ever noticed this? Does anyone know if this actually is a mistake?

Subway Guard
 Post subject: Re: "The body must have been crushed..."

Missing since: 20 Jun 2010
Notes left: 1624
That sounds familiar. I'm almost pretty sure that I vaguely recall someone used a cam hack and found that there was no body in that area. I don't remember where I saw this though, so I have now idea where to find a link or anything. I'll have a quick look around and if I find it I'll post it. If I'm remembering things correctly, then you're probably right, they've put the text in the wrong spot, or something...

*edit*
Nope, couldn't find it. I'm pretty sure it was a YouTube video, but I can't find anything, and the only cam hack videos I can find include everything but that area.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: "The body must have been crushed..."

Missing since: 13 Apr 2012
Notes left: 43
Last seen at: The corner of Matheson and Levin
It never made sense to me until I saw the actual crushed body a couple days ago in the HD collection. That's when it clicked that the texts must have been swapped. I guess that's one thing the HD collection was good for. It semi-answered a nagging question I always had when playing SH3.

-----------

Just played through the game again, and she does mention the body in the subway. She says, "Is someone sleeping here?" And mentions the blood. But the other part still doesn't make sense, since there's no body.

Mod Edit: Please read the rules regarding double posting