Speedrunning SH 3 glitch or bug?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Haunting Hero
Just Passing Through

Speedrunning SH 3 glitch or bug?

Post by Haunting Hero »

I have been speedrunning Silent Hill 3 for two years now (got down to 45 mins now) but one thing I kid you not scared the crap out of me one time and I want to know what caused it. Okay so this was possibly a year ago, I was running through the game (btw I never save in speedruns as it takes too much time and I like a challenge) I got to the hospital and the bug or glitch happened.

I could see the layers on the walls, like the messed up model for them. It looked like the overworld mixed with strange textures. The nurses were not loaded up well and were their base models without their textures loaded up. They could attack me still when I got near them.

I ran around the first floor as usual and the glitch stayed until I went to the floor's patient wing. The game froze with a loud screeching sound on the tv so I shut off the game. I was angry that I lost all of my speedrun time and yet surprised that never ever happened to me. I was scared to bother speedrunning 3 for a long time.

I did go back to speedrun 3 a couple of months later thankfully. Does anyone here have any clue what happened? I spent two years searching for some idea on how or why it happened. I play the original game, no mods, no scratches on the disc and if so very little.
◇Some people feel the rain, others just get wet◇
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: Speedrunning SH 3 glitch or bug?

Post by Tabris »

Never heard of any of this happening before hah.

Just sounds like your Otherworld, Otherworlded and you might need to get your copy an exorcism. I'm sure you can find one on Kijiji just fine.
Haunting Hero
Just Passing Through

Post by Haunting Hero »

Tabris wrote:Never heard of any of this happening before hah.

Just sounds like your Otherworld, Otherworlded and you might need to get your copy an exorcism. I'm sure you can find one on Kijiji just fine.
Lol, I don't know if it will happen again. I played 3 yesterday but I stopped after Heather got home. I will see today when I get home if the hospital does it again. If so I will screenshot it. It happened right when I get there usually. Oh well lol
Caim
Historical Society Historian

Post by Caim »

Hmm that's weird. I would've loved to see a picture of it. I guess you were moving faster than the game could even load itself. That's a compliment from the game itself!
A dead person can't write a letter... it's illegal.
Haunting Hero
Just Passing Through

Post by Haunting Hero »

Caim wrote:Hmm that's weird. I would've loved to see a picture of it. I guess you were moving faster than the game could even load itself. That's a compliment from the game itself!
Next time if it happens I will definitely take a pic of it, it was so creepy yet cool to see the weird textures lol
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I'd like to see it, too! Sounds interesting.