Reference: "Thus one's life turns to riches"

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Reference: "Thus one's life turns to riches"

Post by Burning Man »

Back in 2006, member Jedah made this observation about the memo that you find in the Hilltop Center:
Jedah wrote:"Thus one's life turns to riches"
---------------------------------
The memo on the wall by the vending machine in the Nightmare Hilltop Center is perhaps a reference to Hank in Session 9.

"Thus one's life turns to riches:

What was a bag of silver coins is
now the number in a book.

Yet fate hath no price...
Ah, but do people know this?"

Hank found all those coins in the wall and his life turned to riches. But fate has no price -- the coins are what caused his fate.
I thought this was clever if true.

Though, recently I found a snippet in the "Lost Memories" guidebook that suggest this is a reference to Judah's betrayal of Jesus and how Judah received 30 silver pieces as payment. If you observe the pile of coins, it kind of looks like there could be around 30: 24-25 are visible and the remaining could be under the pile. Otherwise, the memo and the puzzle seem localized. Except for Heather commenting that she won't take anymore because she's no thief even if she sometimes acts like one, it doesn't seem to have any further significance to the story.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: Reference: "Thus one's life turns to riches"

Post by The Adversary »

Still haven't bothered watching Session 9.

Where's the snippet in Lost Memories? I don't remember it at all.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

The Adversary wrote: 28 Jan 2022 Still haven't bothered watching Session 9.

Where's the snippet in Lost Memories? I don't remember it at all.
Session 9 is okay. Slow burn, but super atmospheric (and I love urbex shit anyways). Solid 7/10 for me, only made retrospectively more interesting because of the links to SH.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Post by Burning Man »

>Where's the snippet in Lost Memories? I don't remember it at all.

Most people probably haven't seen it. Even I only took notice of it recently because I was hoping to find some new strategy. This book is a "2-in-1" kind of book. The first half is a Silent Hill 3 guidebook, but once you flip it over on its head, it's the "Ushinawareta Kioku ~Silent Hill Chronicles~" book that most people are familiar with.

The snippet is in the Silent Hill 3 guidebook part of book.