The Huanted House

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

they should have a show on discovery..."when memory cards corrupt!" ... you know...like that when animals attack thing...ha ha...I make myself laugh.

As for the haunted house...the only thing I remember liking was the lightning outside that showed the hunged body...boy oh boy was that entertaining.
oddworth
Just Passing Through

Post by oddworth »

KageReneko wrote:The only thing bother me is what the hell is that red shine that chases you!!!
Thats obvious
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The house has the hots for heather!
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ilikewaxingowls
^ some great silent hil videos
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Silent_Hill
^ lol ^
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=oddworth&p=r
^^^ my own silent hill videos ^^^
Herr Shaun
Gravedigger

Post by Herr Shaun »

oddworth wrote:
KageReneko wrote:The only thing bother me is what the hell is that red shine that chases you!!!
Thats obvious
The house has the hots for heather!
Ba-ZING!

But in all honesty, the red light was the only thing that creeped me out. "What the hell is up with that?" I had wondered since seeing it originally. Everything else I just kinda chuckled at since I'm pretty much immune to scares like that, which is also why I don't willingly pay to see many horror films.
You've got your good things, and I've got mine.
serek
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by serek »

I thought the whole thing was kind of a nice reprieve from all the fighting and annoying monsters in the rest of the amusement park...along with the funhouse and Snow White/Cinderella ride, it was probably my favourite part of that location.
Why do you complain of your fate when you could so easily change it?
-Marquis de Sade
CryingInTheCorner
Just Passing Through

Post by CryingInTheCorner »

I remember the haunted house well. The first thing that got me scared was th shadow of a man being hanged in the first room. The spiked ceiling room made me jump as well, but I wasnt injured. I had been messing around with the steel pipe, so when it came down I was already crouched in my attack stance. (Which allows you to avoided damage) The room with...I think it was David.. The old man and the body was fucked up. I was afraid to move at first because I thought the old guy was alive and would jump at me. :| When the body fell down I fell off my chair and onto my dog...who wasn't happy. :P I still wonder if the narrator was talking about the man or the body. Also, when I examined it a few times and Heather stated it was a real body, I freaked. IT WASNT ONE OF THE PROPS!!! :shock: I evaded the mist the first time barely.(stupid jacket) The one thing I don't get is if it was someone watching Heather or just a recording? Most likely the first.
"When you see the almighty Pyramid Head... run like your nuts are on fire."
PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I don't know so much if someone was watching Heather. It is something to think about though. I would probably guess someone more on a ghost level than a live person though. But you never know, it IS Silent Hill after all. I can just imagine some crazy cult member, all high on the White Claudia, sitting in the Haunted House ride all day, waiting for people to come in, waitin g to scare the pants off of them. It kind of makes me smile thinking about it, lol.
freako104
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by freako104 »

I thought of it as an amusing bit of irony:She is in a haunted town already. I loved it, especially the body, and the back story of it too
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I never thought about that. I guess that is kind of funny. As if Silent Hill was creepy and haunted enough, they throw in an overly creepy haunted house of doooooooom.
ajburton29
Just Passing Through

Post by ajburton29 »

I am playing through SH3 on Hard.
I am in the haunted mansion.
How in the HELL do you get past the spike room?
I tried 20 times last night in every way I could think of and I died every time!
I totally outlived Jesus.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Hold R2 to enter a cautious stance that will keep Heather's head low.

In the future, post requests for game help in the "Daddy Help Me" forum. :wink:
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

that was indeed a kickass level
Mister_Creazil
Gravedigger

Post by Mister_Creazil »

Doesn't one of the questions on Silent Hill 2 (Correct me if I'm wrong, haven't played it for a while) mention Walter killing a family in their own home? And in the Haunted House in Silent Hill 3, it says a family was brutally murdered, then changes his idea to one dying from suicide. Maybe that was the house that James was questioned about. xD I'm probably way off the right answer. I haven't played SH2 for months.
Morbid.Marionette
Just Passing Through

Post by Morbid.Marionette »

The mansion is my favorite part of SH:3.
The overall atmosphere and cheap scares were refreshing.

(Funny story: Last time I played the mansion, I was with my sister and the narrator was like: "Welcome to The Borley Haunted Mansion. . ."
And my sister and I were like. . . "Did he just say Poorly haunted mansion? . . . Lol." So now whenever a websight asks where I'm from I always answer: "The Porley Haunted Mansion.")

-As for the red light:
I always assumed it was an homage to SH:2 when Pyramid Head chases James and Maria down the long maze-like hallway.
I mean Red Pyramid/Red Light. Made sense to me.
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

I have to say that I would rather have seen a silent hill mini golf course than the haunted house. one hole has two ph's on either side that chop down with great knifes as an obstacle. OOO! and on one of the holes, the ball is red and the hole itself is heather's tongue leading to her mouth and if you get it in, she throws up a god baby.
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

I actually like the sound of that myself.
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather
Valksta
Just Passing Through

Post by Valksta »

I really liked the haunted mansion, in the sense that the town is fucking with you, very similar to the elevator scene talk show from silent hill 2. quite disturbing and sick... muhahaha :P
I am Jack's smirking revenge...I am Jack's complete lack of surprise...
I am Jack's wasted life... I am Jack's inflamed sense of rejection..I am Jack's broken heart.
l33tspaniard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by l33tspaniard »

Mister_Creazil wrote:Doesn't one of the questions on Silent Hill 2 (Correct me if I'm wrong, haven't played it for a while) mention Walter killing a family in their own home? And in the Haunted House in Silent Hill 3, it says a family was brutally murdered, then changes his idea to one dying from suicide. Maybe that was the house that James was questioned about. xD I'm probably way off the right answer. I haven't played SH2 for months.
That was referring to the Locaine twins' murder. Good thinking as far as finding connections, though, that never would occur to me.

I love the mansion though. I keep a save there and in the hospital storeroom death. I love starting those up cause my family stops to look, then they freak out...
heavensnightsh

Post by heavensnightsh »

AdjectiveRyan wrote:I have to say that I would rather have seen a silent hill mini golf course than the haunted house. one hole has two ph's on either side that chop down with great knifes as an obstacle. OOO! and on one of the holes, the ball is red and the hole itself is heather's tongue leading to her mouth and if you get it in, she throws up a god baby.
that last line made my night here on the forum. That would be one bad-fucking-ass mini game!
[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/dbmhpc.gif[/img]
(o ) ( 0)[size=75]WOOO!|[url=http://www.silenthillheaven.com/wiki]Silent Hill Wiki[/url]|[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/tray.gif[/img]"What the hell is it?"[/size]
( ) ­ [size=75]I wanna thank you for this chance to be [color=teal]angels[/color] [/size]
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/Pokemon.gif[/img][img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/HarryPotter-2.gif[/img][img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/LGDare.gif[/img] Thank you Harrys_Girl for the Drawing Block!
[size=59][I am currently permitted to display a larger avatar thanks to my status as a supporter of SHHF][/size]
Datenshi92
Just Passing Through

Post by Datenshi92 »

LOL!
That Silent Hill mini-golf its a laugh!

Borley Haunted Mansion was very interesting, I wish it was an whole episode...
But the red light... its just annoying I died more than 5 times in hard mode just to pass it, and to be honest the sounds it makes, doesn't help either. The camera sucks here, some times I think I should press the left button and Heather turns right >.<
Damn It All
Just Passing Through

Post by Damn It All »

I loved this part! It always manages to make me feel uneasy, but there are some concerning things about this place.

1. Who was billy? I mean we're talking about a game that meticulously connected characters to one another and then all of a sudden this RANDOM guy is just dead there. Or maybe I'm looking into it too much.

2. Who does the Narrator's voice? Sounds A LOT like Vincent imo.
The Heart is heaven but the Mind is Hell. - Tom Waits