Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 21 Sep 2018

Post subject: Question about the game controll

Ok, so I just bought a used version of Silent Hill 3, and I am unable to attack anything! I have the gun as well as the knife, and even in the carnival at the very start I am unable to fight anything. Is this a glitch in the game I bought? Or is that how it's supposed to be? or is there some other buttons I have to press in order to fight? I think maybe I'm just stupid. :( But if someone could help me, that would be fab.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
You've gotta press R2--or is it R1?--as well. I'd check in the game's options to confirm your settings.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2006
Notes left: 86
Last seen at: Room 303
It's R2. Then, as R2 is being held, press X to attack. If you press X harder, then your attack will be harder. (with a melee weapon)

Post subject:

ah ok! thank you! that works now. I guess its just been a long time since I've played a game. lol. I feel stupid now, lol. :P

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Apr 2006
Notes left: 539
Last seen at: Somewhere in Nowhere
Don´t feel stupid, I made the same mistake the first time I palyed the demo and died instantly ^^

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Sep 2004
Notes left: 230
Last seen at: On the internet!
zoso__IV wrote:
It's R2. Then, as R2 is being held, press X to attack. If you press X harder, then your attack will be harder. (with a melee weapon)

Pressure sensitivity never works in any of the games.
It's a matter of holding the button or tapping it -- that's what decides which animation to use.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Apr 2005
Notes left: 520
Last seen at: Just leaving Existence...
dustfungo wrote:
It's a matter of holding the button or tapping it -- that's what decides which animation to use.

I second that notion...well, pressing the button harder doesn't work for me at least.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Apr 2006
Notes left: 126
Last seen at: Red Lion, Pennsylvania
zoso__IV wrote:

Yea, it's not pressure sensitive.. Tap it once to do a quick strike; (and I think you can tap it a few times to do a little combo.) hold it down longer for a strong, single strike; and hold it down longer and press forward on the joystick/keypad to do a poke/impale type attack.

Post subject:

Spong wrote:
dustfungo wrote:

I second that notion...well, pressing the button harder doesn't work for me at least.

Pressing the button harder will not accomplish anything, the button controls a simple on/off switch. All of the buttons are momentary on/of switches. No provisions for pressure sensitivity or velocity sensitivity.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2006
Notes left: 86
Last seen at: Room 303
I meant when you hold R2 and if you press X longer (sort of holding it for a second) then the attack is generally stronger. Usually Heather will perform an overhead swing with the Katana and the lead pipe.