Question about the game controll

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Question about the game controll

Post by Anonymous »

Ok, so I just bought a used version of Silent Hill 3, and I am unable to attack anything! I have the gun as well as the knife, and even in the carnival at the very start I am unable to fight anything. Is this a glitch in the game I bought? Or is that how it's supposed to be? or is there some other buttons I have to press in order to fight? I think maybe I'm just stupid. :( But if someone could help me, that would be fab.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

You've gotta press R2--or is it R1?--as well. I'd check in the game's options to confirm your settings.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
zoso__IV
Just Passing Through

Post by zoso__IV »

It's R2. Then, as R2 is being held, press X to attack. If you press X harder, then your attack will be harder. (with a melee weapon)
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/zoso__IV/Avatars%20and%20Sigs/zosoivsig.jpg[/img]
Thanks for the sig Gray Fox!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ah ok! thank you! that works now. I guess its just been a long time since I've played a game. lol. I feel stupid now, lol. :P
Whoomp
Gravedigger

Post by Whoomp »

Don´t feel stupid, I made the same mistake the first time I palyed the demo and died instantly ^^
Fungo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fungo »

zoso__IV wrote:It's R2. Then, as R2 is being held, press X to attack. If you press X harder, then your attack will be harder. (with a melee weapon)
Pressure sensitivity never works in any of the games.
It's a matter of holding the button or tapping it -- that's what decides which animation to use.
Spong
Gravedigger

Post by Spong »

dustfungo wrote:Pressure sensitivity never works in any of the games.
It's a matter of holding the button or tapping it -- that's what decides which animation to use.
I second that notion...well, pressing the button harder doesn't work for me at least.
Fullofhate87
Just Passing Through

Post by Fullofhate87 »

zoso__IV wrote:It's R2. Then, as R2 is being held, press X to attack. If you press X harder, then your attack will be harder. (with a melee weapon)
Yea, it's not pressure sensitive.. Tap it once to do a quick strike; (and I think you can tap it a few times to do a little combo.) hold it down longer for a strong, single strike; and hold it down longer and press forward on the joystick/keypad to do a poke/impale type attack.
History is made by those who say "No."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Spong wrote:
dustfungo wrote:Pressure sensitivity never works in any of the games.
I second that notion...well, pressing the button harder doesn't work for me at least.
Pressing the button harder will not accomplish anything, the button controls a simple on/off switch. All of the buttons are momentary on/of switches. No provisions for pressure sensitivity or velocity sensitivity.
zoso__IV
Just Passing Through

Post by zoso__IV »

I meant when you hold R2 and if you press X longer (sort of holding it for a second) then the attack is generally stronger. Usually Heather will perform an overhead swing with the Katana and the lead pipe.
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/zoso__IV/Avatars%20and%20Sigs/zosoivsig.jpg[/img]
Thanks for the sig Gray Fox!